Worlds problems....

Worlds problems....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Jun 12

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Well, saying "God isn't letting you understand!" is much easier than admitting, "I'm not doing a terribly good job of explaining this stuff". 😛
As I said it wouldn't matter how or who explained these things to one who is not wanting to see. It is God that is not letting you see, not the one teaching. All we can do is plant the seed and be there to assist, but it is God that makes the knowledge grow.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
27 Jun 12

Cults / Gnostics always believe they have the truth that's hidden from the rest of us and mankind. The irony is God has left His testimony / witness for all to see it is not hidden at all. opposite is a cult

Manny

F

Moves
27 Jun 12
2 edits

Originally posted by galveston75
I don't believe I ever said that. If I did please show me.
And what is wrong with "urging" others to hope for a better future? Should I say have a "bad" future?
robbie was asked "Why do [you] post?" And then you asked yourself the same question. [edit: fixed]. Most people here seem to reject your "there is hope for the future no matter how grim things look now" thing; they already think "there is hope for the future" and are more hopeful and optimistic than you.

In fact, you seem to be expending energy trying to persuade people that the world and the future are "grimmer" than they think. This is a wholly negative and almost malignant thing to be "urging" upon others. You go to door to door trying to spread this kind of superstitious defeatism, which seems to me to like a total cop out, no matter how 'important' you tell yourself this 'work' is. This kind of "urging" strikes me as a truly ugly facet of the human spirit.

So, it prompts the question: "What makes you think people here aren't actually working for a better future in their daily lives?" and what makes you think they need dragging down to your level of self-defining cynicism and groupist 'withdrawal' from the world in which these people [here] work and live [most likely] with positivity and, perhaps, far more effectively and humanely and life-affirmingly than you?

rc

Moves
27 Jun 12

Originally posted by menace71
Cults / Gnostics always believe they have the truth that's hidden from the rest of us and mankind. The irony is God has left His testimony / witness for all to see it is not hidden at all. opposite is a cult

Manny
i dont think you have any idea what a cult is.

rc

Moves
27 Jun 12

Originally posted by FMF
You and robbie were asking each other "Why do [you] post?" Most people here seem to reject your "there is hope for the future no matter how grim things look now" thing; they already think "there is hope for the future" and are more hopeful and optimistic than you.

In fact, you seem to be expending energy trying to persuade people that the world and the futur ...[text shortened]... , perhaps, far more effectively and humanely and life-affirmingly than you?
no proper knob asked me why i post.

F

Moves
27 Jun 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
no proper knob asked me why i post.
And you asked yourself "why do i post? hmm, i have asked myself that question many times, cant say, simply because i can i guess." And galveston75 responded to you by saying "I wonder that myself at times...". So you were sharing an introspective moment perhaps. I'll go back and make it clearer.

rc

Moves
27 Jun 12

call it what you like i posted a response to PK's direct question.

F

Moves
27 Jun 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
call it what you like i posted a response to PK's direct question.
And galveston75 asked himself the same question that you had answered in a post addressed to you. His answer was different from yours: do you share the same reasons for posting that he stated?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Jun 12

Originally posted by FMF
And galveston75 asked himself the same question that you had answered in a post addressed to you. His answer was different from yours: do you share the same reasons for posting that he stated?
Yeah I ask myself that all the time especially with responces like you give which is purely negative and blind on all levels.
You give no hope at all for our future and have not produced any proof that there will be,and the reason is, you have your head in the sand and believe for who knows why, that man will solve our problems. Well guess what dude....(((((((It's man that's caused them.))))))))
Yes the 20th - 21st century man and all his wisdom and displaying all the knowledge they boast they have, has brought this world on the brink of complete death.
And yes we are now seeing the results of this awesome knowledge we have taught ourselves and brag about and scoff at God with.
What fools man has become and to think we can rule ourselves.
It has been down hill from day one that Adam turned his back on God and it's only foolish and stupid humans that think otherwise.............

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Jun 12

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Why do you continue in this vein? As has been pointed out by many posters (christians and atheists alike), comments like this only show how silly and illogical you are. Hardly helping your cause.

All these rather pathetic comments show is how pathetic you are.
Proper Knob is a fine poster in these parts and he has answered a few questions for me, ...[text shortened]... e, right?

there is no evidence for all to see or else we would not be having this debate.
The evidence is there to see alright, but your problem is that you are blinded by your own assumptions and refuse to see them because you put your head up your arse so you don't have to consider the truth. 😏

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Jun 12

Originally posted by menace71

Manny
You said you know the Bible better then I do, so you should know clearly then every aspect of the congregations Jesus insituded and all the things he taught in great detail. So since you know that better then me you should also be calling those early congregations a cult also, if you truly know the meaning of the word. ( which you clearly do not )
They disfellowshipped, were willing to leave their families for the work and teachings of Jesus, abstained from blood of any kind, did not serve in the armies or supported the governments, did not celibrate the pagan holidays, etc, etc.
So prove to me what they did according to your idea of a cult, that they weren't?
Do your research and do it well before you answer. After all, you know your Bible better then me...............

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Jun 12

I agree that his answering like that does not help anything. Obviously these discussions can get heated, they shouldn't be but they do. We all should keep those types of thoughts to ourselves and not post them.
You don't believe in freedom of thought and the freedom to speak about one's thoughts? Do you think we should have a thought police to censor our speech if it is not politically correct? That sounds like a Democrat to me. You must be a Democrat. 😏

F

Moves
27 Jun 12
1 edit

Yeah I ask myself that all the time especially with responces like you give which is purely negative and blind on all levels.
You've got this back to front. It is you who is pessimistic, negative and full of doomsday and gloom, not me. I do not share your negativity at all. I do not think 'the end is nigh'.

You give no hope at all for our future and have not produced any proof that there will be,and the reason is, you have your head in the sand and believe for who knows why, that man will solve our problems.

What materials have you consulted that challenge your views?

Why do you feel I have to give hope to you "for our future"?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Jun 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
You don't believe in freedom of thought and the freedom to speak about one's thoughts? Do you think we should have a thought police to censor our speech if it is not politically correct? That sounds like a Democrat to me. You must be a Democrat. 😏
I believe in the examples Jesus gave and that we are to follow that. I could care less abut being "politically correct" but care very much in being a Christian and watching my speach to others.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Jun 12

Originally posted by FMF
You've got this back to front. It is you who is pessimistic, negative and full of doomsday and gloom, not me. I do not share your negativity at all. I do not think 'the end is nigh'.

[b]You give no hope at all for our future and have not produced any proof that there will be,and the reason is, you have your head in the sand and believe for who knows why, tha ...[text shortened]... hallenge your views?

Why do you feel I have to give hope to you "for our future"?
I don't expect that from you as I know you have none. Am I wrong? Make me feel good about what MAN will do to fix this earth. Go ahead, I'll be waiting if you accept the challenge but according to all scientist you only have about 30 years or so, so you and the men you think that will cure it all, better hurry up.