1. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    24 Jun '12 13:04
    Just found this interesting site.

    http://www.worldometers.info/

    Some here say that things are fine and even better then ever before. Maybe ones like this should stop and look at some of the stats here and just sit and watch the numbers go by for a few minutes and try to connect each number to a real person....

    I also found the amount of money spent on illegal drugs to be unbelievable.
  2. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    24 Jun '12 13:21
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Just found this interesting site.

    http://www.worldometers.info/

    Some here say that things are fine and even better then ever before. Maybe ones like this should stop and look at some of the stats here and just sit and watch the numbers go by for a few minutes and try to connect each number to a real person....

    I also found the amount of money spent on illegal drugs to be unbelievable.
    chilling statistics, the number of abortions is the saddest thing i think ive seen for ages.
  3. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    24 Jun '12 13:45
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    chilling statistics, the number of abortions is the saddest thing i think ive seen for ages.
    Yes that really caught my eye too. So sad to think of so many dying everyday. It will be so incredible when all death will end.

    “And (((((((death))))))))))) and Hades were hurled into the lake of fire or "eternal destruction". This means the second death, the lake of fire. Furthermore, whoever was not found written in the book of life was hurled into the lake of fire.” (Revelation 20:14, 15
  4. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    24 Jun '12 13:52
    I think those here who say "things are not bad but are in fact getting better" really need to open their eyes to the world and what is truely happening and come to a clear view of what man has done to the planet and realize that God is the only answer to saving it and all life on it...
    They call us "doomsdayers". I think that is such a foolish statement when the facts speak for them selves.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/8587354/Worlds-oceans-move-into-extinction-phase.html


    http://oceanfocus.org/2011/07/oceans-in-even-worse-condition/


    http://ecological-problems.blogspot.com/2010/12/current-environmental-condition-of-our.html


    http://news.discovery.com/earth/oceans-distress-foreshadow-mass-extinction-110621.html
  5. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    24 Jun '12 14:06
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Some here say that things are fine and even better then ever before. Maybe ones like this should stop and look at some of the stats here and just sit and watch the numbers go by for a few minutes and try to connect each number to a real person....

    I also found the amount of money spent on illegal drugs to be unbelievable.
    Yes we know you are scared by big numbers, afraid because of the news and your exposure to the information age, but why cant you seem to find any stats to actually back up your claims? Why do you keep resorting to fallacious reasoning? In this instance you claiming that 'things are so bad now that they can't possibly be getting better' - an obvious fallacy.

    To demonstrate, go to the site you linked and watch the figure on "Solar energy striking Earth" for a few minutes. Now tell me whether or not global warming is a fact!
  6. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    24 Jun '12 14:11
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Yes we know you are scared by big numbers, afraid because of the news and your exposure to the information age, but why cant you seem to find any stats to actually back up your claims? Why do you keep resorting to fallacious reasoning? In this instance you claiming that 'things are so bad now that they can't possibly be getting better' - an obvious fallac ...[text shortened]... rgy striking Earth" for a few minutes. Now tell me whether or not global warming is a fact!
    Lol. I guess you can't read? Got your head in the sand really deep this morning? I didn't make up these sites or STATS that are being shown.
  7. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51427
    24 Jun '12 14:11
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I think those here who say "things are not bad but are in fact getting better" really need to open their eyes to the world and what is truely happening and come to a clear view of what man has done to the planet and realize that God is the only answer to saving it and all life on it...
    They call us "doomsdayers". I think that is such a foolish statemen ...[text shortened]...


    http://news.discovery.com/earth/oceans-distress-foreshadow-mass-extinction-110621.html
    Go read a book on 14th century European history and then try and tell me with a straight face that 'things are worst than they've ever been'.
  8. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    24 Jun '12 14:17
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Go read a book on 14th century European history and then try and tell me with a straight face that 'things are worst than they've ever been'.
    how many kids were deliberately aborted in the 14th century?
  9. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51427
    24 Jun '12 14:201 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    how many kids were deliberately aborted in the 14th century?
    Not enough.

    Now, would you rather live in the 21st century or would you prefer to have lived in the 14th century?
  10. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    24 Jun '12 14:29
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Go read a book on 14th century European history and then try and tell me with a straight face that 'things are worst than they've ever been'.
    I see I'm getting the usual blind responces I thought would show up. I also see no concern for the bad that is happening to millions on this earth every minute of every day and not even one mention of the fact that our oceans are dying.
    So where are their minds? Must be stuck in some kind of la la land with no concern or concept of the world around them and the suffering that most experiance daily.....

    Just a few more issues....


    http://www.buzzle.com/articles/water-pollution-statistics.html

    http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs313/en/index.html

    http://danger.mongabay.com/kidnapping_stats.htm

    http://www.forbes.com/sites/gcaptain/2011/09/29/piracy-the-focus-of-todays-world-maritime-day-celebration/

    http://www.globalissues.org/issue/2/causes-of-poverty
  11. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    24 Jun '12 14:30
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Not enough.

    Now, would you rather live in the 21st century or would you prefer to have lived in the 14th century?
    "Not enough."

    What does that mean?
  12. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51427
    24 Jun '12 14:31
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I see I'm getting the usual blind responces I thought would show up. I also see no concern for the bad that is happening to millions on this earth every minute of every day and not even one mention of the fact that our oceans are dying.
    So where are their minds? Must be stuck in some kind of la la land with no concern or concept of the world around the ...[text shortened]... todays-world-maritime-day-celebration/

    http://www.globalissues.org/issue/2/causes-of-poverty
    Same question for you as to Rob, would you rather live here today in the 21st Century or would you have preferred to live in the 14th Century?
  13. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51427
    24 Jun '12 14:31
    Originally posted by galveston75
    "Not enough."

    What does that mean?
    Not enough.
  14. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    24 Jun '12 14:44
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Same question for you as to Rob, would you rather live here today in the 21st Century or would you have preferred to live in the 14th Century?
    Silly question to say the least. It doesn't matter and not the topic being discussed here. Start your own thread on that and don't ignor the issues here if you are interested in this thread.
  15. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    24 Jun '12 14:44
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Lol. I guess you can't read? Got your head in the sand really deep this morning? I didn't make up these sites or STATS that are being shown.
    It is you that cant read. Where did I say you made up those sites or stats? What I said is that they do not support your claims.
Back to Top