1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 20:26
    Originally posted by vivify
    It's generally accepted that babies or small children are exempt from hell. But what about an eight year old? Can an eight year old burn in hell for eternity, according to God?
    How old are you?
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 03:14
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Well done, for looking like you are answering the question without
    actually answering the question...

CAN an 8 year old burn in hell for eternity?

If yes. then your god is evil.

If no, then what age IS old enough to get an eternity of torture?

If you don't know... How can you worship a god when you don't
    know whether or not they torture children for eternity?
    When you calm down and recognize the benefits of civility, we may be able to enjoy a productive conversation.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 04:23
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Well, I don't plan on sending my children to hell for any reason.
    I see you have dropped your self proclaimed title of "The Instructor" for another one just under your name.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 04:25
    Are there any Christians here who believe god will make anyone burn in hell for eternity?
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 05:44
    Originally posted by vivify
    It's generally accepted that babies or small children are exempt from hell. But what about an eight year old? Can an eight year old burn in hell for eternity, according to God?
    Could you imagine all the aborted/sacrificed babies that could be there? All those souls the devil stole.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 05:47
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Could you imagine all the aborted/sacrificed babies that could be there? All those souls the devil stole.
    Do aborted babies and (did you say) sacrificed babies go to hell?
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 06:24
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Are there any Christians here who believe god will make anyone burn in hell for eternity?
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    1.26. An alternative address awaits all who reject Christ’s agonizing substitutionary spiritual death on their behalf: the Lake of Fire, sharing the final destination of the devil and his angels. It's an endless nightmare of suffering and pain; a place of eternal torment and hopelessness: "And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever." (Revelation 20:10b) "And if anyone's name was not found written in the Book of Life, he was thrown into the Lake of Fire." (Revelation 20:15)

1.27. Christ took our place and accepted the punishment of separation from God the Father during those final three hours of the crucifixion. His finished work atoned for the sins of all mankind; and in doing so propitiated (satisfied) the Righteousness and Justice of God. All who reject God's Grace Gift are without hope and without eternal life. “God demonstrates His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died as a substitute for us.” (Revelation 20:10b)

1.28. God respects our volition. He has given us the freedom to make our own uncoerced individual choice with respect to the person and finished work of Jesus Christ. By a simple act of faith we can have eternal life: “He gave His only begotten [uniquely born] Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3: 16b)

1.29. It’s a private decision. No one else can make it for us nor has the right to force us to make any decision in this matter. In the privacy of your own soul, you too can simply tell God the Father you are believing in Jesus Christ. In that moment, your eternal future will be assured. You will have eternal life; you will share an eternal relationship with God and live with Him forever in heaven. Faith alone in Christ alone is salvation! Choice is yours.

"RHP/Spirituality Forum Reference Section" Thread 156452 (Page 2)
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 06:55
    the Lake of Fire, sharing the final destination of the devil and his angels. It's an endless nightmare of suffering and pain; a place of eternal torment and hopelessness: "And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever."
    Well, that certainly sounds like a very reasonable punishment for the fact that I happen to not believe something, without choice.

So, GB, when you are in heaven, will you be totally at peace knowing there are billions of people (people like me) suffering in agonizing pain for all eternity? Will you be ok with that?
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 07:301 edit
    Grampy Bobby answer A:

"This is why I tell you fine RHP-people about God, so that you may believe and find eternal salvation."

Yes, GB, but the fact remains that billions of people will go to hell for not believing. Will you be ok with that? These people don't take the word of a random forum contributor as any kind of evidence. Because of this, they will suffer for all eternity. Will you be fine with that?

Grampy Bobby answer B:

"We all have been given freewill by God, if you wish to choose to not believe. you may."

Yes, but I - and many like me - don't choose to not believe. I simply don't believe. I can't change that.

And regardless, that's not the point.

The point is, will you be fine with these people burning in hell forever, because they don't believe? Will you be completely at peace and happy forever and ever, while knowing there are fairly good people like me screaming and crying for all eternity? If you saw god passing by, would you not ask him, "Say God, GKR has been burning in hell for 20,000 years, don't you agree that's he's learnt his lesson?"
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 09:39
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    [b]Grampy Bobby answer A:

"This is why I tell you fine RHP-people about God, so that you may believe and find eternal salvation."

Yes, GB, but the fact remains that billions of people will go to hell for not believing. Will you be ok with that? These people don't take the word of a random forum contributor as any kind of evidence. Bec ...[text shortened]... , GKR has been burning in hell for 20,000 years, don't you agree that's he's learnt his lesson?"[/b]
    And will he ask the same question after 3^^^3 years?

Or will he have gone insane himself after sucking up to god for so long.
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 09:512 edits
    I wonder if there's a peephole between heaven and hell so that the heavendwellers can look at the burning undead in hell and point and say: "Hey, that used to my neighbour. Look, I can see his lungs burning. Ha, told him to go to church!"

And the helldwellers can do the same. You know, when their eyes have not been chewed away by maggots.

Maybe there are cameras located in hell so that the heavendwellers have their never-ending, ever-expanding realityshow.

"It's a hell of a show!"
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 09:53
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    And will he ask the same question after 3^^^3 years?

Or will he have gone insane himself after sucking up to god for so long.
    I would hope that before going insane from sucking up he'd go insane from knowing what goes on on the other side of the fence, but it's doubtful.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 11:541 edit
    Well, that certainly sounds like a very reasonable punishment for the fact that I happen to not believe something, without choice.

So, GB, when you are in heaven, will you be totally at peace knowing there are billions of people (people like me) suffering in agonizing pain for all eternity? Will you be ok with that?
    "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten [uniquely born] Son, that whoever [including Great King Rat and Grampy Bobby] believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world; but that the world should be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name [person] of the only begotten [uniquely born] Son of God." (John 3:16-18)

"Well, that certainly sounds like a very reasonable punishment for the fact that I happen to not believe something, without choice.

So, GB, when you are in heaven, will you be totally at peace knowing there are billions of people (people like me) suffering in agonizing pain for all eternity? Will you be ok with that?"

"without choice"? You have the same opportunity to chose between alternatives as anyone else. "billions of people (people like me)".... yes, billions of people will decide "Yes, I want to know" and yes, billions of people will decide, "No". You have been provided accurate information. You are well aware of your options. You, Great King Rat, will have no excuse. -Bob
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 12:041 edit
    No, GB, I cannot choose to believe.

I could say that I believe, I could even act like I believe, but that wouldn't mean that I actually believe.

Believe me, in a heartbeat I could fool you into thinking that I'm a believer. You're on the other side of the ocean, you don't know me and all I have is this forum to communicate via the written word and yet I could very easily fool you into thinking I've started to believe.

But it wouldn't be true.

And your idea of god would know it isn't true. He would know that I'm only saying that I believe.

Because I can't make myself believe. Believing in god usually happens either because it was part of your upbringing, because you've found yourself surrounded by believers who have had a major influence on you, or because of a traumatic event (a recovering alcoholic might have found god, for instance). You won't find many former atheists who became theists "just like that".

You don't choose to be a believer. As I've said elsewhere, it's not about willingness. I don't want to disbelieve. I just don't believe. And I can't change that.
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 12:09
    By the way, mister Bobby, you haven't answered my question....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree