English football

English football "supporters"

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
15 Sep 08

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Wow, you seem to know an awful lot about me. What colour socks am I wearing? 🙄

Apart from continuing your invented gibberings and flames, can you explain to me why you think that booing the announcement that England has 4 minutes in which to score an equaliser is the sign of a true, proper "supporter"?

I've one request for you before you reply. Think to yourself, "Am I making stuff up about the person to whom I am replying purely to flame him and troll his thread? " If the answer is yes, then please refrain from posting.

Thanks in advance,

D

Moves
15 Sep 08

sc

where angels play

Moves
15 Sep 08

Originally posted by BladeMan 63
To both angry boy and Sally.

Firstly let me say i in no way disrespect the victims or families of that most tragic and infamous day. Of course you would call it B****ck's because you are trying to defend the indefensible.

I can say what i say, because i have lived about 400yds away from those very same gates for the past 20yrs.

...[text shortened]... he truth. Iwas there on that very day. My brother was there also. Thankfully on the forest end.
So because you go drinking in a pub round the corner you think that gives you the right to pass judgement on what happened that day? Yeah it must be true because the bloke down the pub told me, oh and my brother was in the forest end. That is the evidence your using to support your bu***hit?

Do you think because a few fans go and get pissed and turn up for the game late, thats what leads to 96 lives being lost? Do you not think that kind of thing goes on every weekend at every football ground in world?

Read the evidence that has been proved be correct about what happened on that tragic day. The poor old cooper that you talk about, the one who should have been controling the crowd that day. The one that ordered his colleges to open the gate to let the crowds of late arrivals flod into the leppings lane end. The poor old copper who ordered his colleges to push fans back inside the pens from which they were trying to escape, ignoring the dying who were being crushed to death while the west yorkshire police force were more concerned with forming a cordon acccros the half way line. The poor old cooper who when questioned about the events that day "just froze". Then there is the cover up from west yorkshire police tampering with witness statements to try and and cover up their diabolical organization on that day.

Thats just the tip of the iceberg, maybe before you come on here and start insulting people about somthing you clearly know nothing about you should read the proven facts about what happened that day. I belive angryboy gave a link, why dont you spend some time reading about that day and the subsequent enquirys. Read about the families that suffered and still suffer today, read about the woefull incompetence of the west yorkshire police in organising the crowd control that day, and their responce to what unfolded, read about the cover up that they tried and failed to pass off regarding drunk ticketless fans being the blame for that god awfull day.

You say you are not disrespecting the victims or families, but by people like you sprouting your disgusting, unfounded and malicious lies about what you think happened that day just because you go "suppin" in the boozer down the road. By shouting your mouth off about somthing you clearly no nothing about, you are showing the worst kind of disrespect to those familys who lost loved ones. All those familys want is the truth and sombody to be held accountable for their loved ones deaths.

Justice for the 96 YNWA

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
15 Sep 08
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
You tried what?

How is one supposed to respond to these types of trolling anti-Irish, xenophobic, elitist comments?

"The Irish football fan will never feel the passion, the support or the outrage of the English football fan simply because of your uneasy and contradictory relationship with football."

"Your suspicion of 'foreign sports' (a great Irish euphemism - for 'foreign sports' read 'English sports') is still very much ingrained in your culture, despite the increase in glory-hunting down to reading English papers, supporting English clubs and watching English television."

"I suspect that you'll find that you're in a minority amongst football fans"

"you don't actually SUPPORT these teams with ANYTHING, never mind dignity."

"you do it with your English Premier League replica shirt on. "

"Supporters' like you are the reason that the League of Ireland is 'amateur'"

"Face facts, you're a troll and an abusive hypocrite."

Thanks for taking part. Next time I want somebody to invent crap to troll up a thread real good, I'll be sure to PM you.

[EDIT] I'll also be in touch the next time I need somebody who doesn't know me from Adam, to tell me all about my character and what I'm wearing.

D

d

Moves
15 Sep 08

Race war! Race war!

Sir , just me ;-)

Sheffield.

Moves
16 Sep 08

Sally,

I think you maybe misunderstood what i said.

Iwas there, was you ? Iwas in one of those pubs before, during and slightly after the game commenced. i saw those drunken so called Liverpool fans trying to buy tickets. I was walking down Halifax road when a large amount of liverpool fans ran (or rather) stumbled past me in a vain attempt to get into the ground. Iwalked down at that time to keep out of the way of decent fans trying to make thier orderly way, in plenty of time, to see the heroes they love !!! From the bottom of Halifax rd to the gates is 2 mins steady walk. And by the time i had walked half that distance to the end of MY ROAD. There were MANY LIVERPOOL FANS scaling the old gates. (Not there now because of that day.) That is why the police had to open the gates. Big blue iron gates that were sagging under the strain of bodies on them. They opened them to stop injury or death at that point. And the rest is tragic history.

Don't get me wrong, i have no particular affection for the police either. Or should i say the criminal justice system thats supposed to back them up and administer fair justice.

I can count on one hand the number of Sheffield derbys i have missed since i was 16. and almost all to capacity crowds. Derbys in Sheffield rates with the best of em, for passion, for tribal hate and for violence. But to my knowledge , no deaths.

If a drunken driver in a large truck was to have smashed into those gates, you would probably call it murder or at least manslaughter. Those idiots should'nt have been there and done what they did. I KNOW. I SAW IT. If they had'nt have been there it would'nt have happened.

As for insulting 96 poor innocent spirits and thier families. I felt the same feelings at that time because i didn't know whether my brother was on the notts end or the scouse end.

Please reflect for a while and don't come back with insults, it does you no credit.

Santiago

Moves
16 Sep 08

Blademan makes some valid comments.

We know what an out of touch judge said in his report. We know that the police treated football fans appallingly at the time - that instruction came from Thatcher.

But I feel Liverpool hides behind that report somewhat and can ease their collective guilt by blaming it all on the police. Didn´t Liverpool fans, used to semi final appearances, have a reputation of turning up in large number without tickets on the hope of getting into this big games.

I clearly remember Liverpool fans trying to lay the blame for Heysel at the door of Chelsea hooligans.

It was also shockingly tragic. No one should die in those circumstances. Those that did perish were innocent fans, in the ground with tickets in plenty of time. I suspect there are a number of people carrying a terrible secret that found the official report a great way to pass the buck. Although having met these types at Wembley for England games they are probably to arrogant to think any blame lies with their actions.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
16 Sep 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Ragnorak
You tried what?

How is one supposed to respond to these types of trolling anti-Irish, xenophobic, elitist comments?

"The [b]Irish football fan will never feel the passion, the support or the outrage of the English football fan
simply because of your uneasy and contradictory relationship with football."

"Your suspicion of 'foreign sports' (a m, to tell me all about my character and what I'm wearing.

D
[/b]
Have you looked at your original post? The my Irish dad beats your English dad pattern is all over it.

CFT replied in kind, which may be a more emotional than rational reaction, but I don't see how you can take the moral high ground.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
16 Sep 08

Originally posted by Ragnorak

"You're a foreigner so you're not entitled to comment." That's the message I get from your hypersensitive response.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
16 Sep 08

Originally posted by Palynka
Have you looked at your original post? The my Irish dad beats your English dad pattern is all over it.

CFT replied in kind, which may be a more emotional than rational reaction, but I don't see how you can take the moral high ground.
I wonder why CFT was the first person to read my post that way, and respond in the way he did?

Legacy from a previous time I embarrassed him is my guess. It's a pity that a grudge still sours him and thwarts his responses to posts.

Hey Tim, what time is it? 😀

The fact remains that I've never seen any other supporter boo the announcement that there are 4 minutes injury time to give their team a chance to get an equaliser. I think that this is ridiculous, as stated in my original post. CFT disagrees with me, and justifies his disagreement by telling me what I'm wearing.

I brought up Ireland and Irish fans initially, because I've definitely never seen Irish fans boo an announcement such as that. I couldn't very well speak for Portuguese fans, because my knowledge of them is limited. CFT decided it was time to put Paddy in his place, which is up to him. I just don't feel I have to respond seriously to this type of xenophobia, typical of a very small minority of English people.

I don't really expect you to understand, Palynka, seeing as one of your favourite "jokes" in here, is to piss on Irish history and refer to the Irish as British. Again, whatever pleases you.

D

AB

Moves
16 Sep 08

Hopster & Blademan

Yes, fans turned up without tickets and tried to sneak in. WOW! Big deal, it used to happen ALL THE TIME. Yes, some may have had one too many beers but (you've guessed it) that STILL HAPPENS.

What caused Hillsborough is undeniable - The Police made critical errors. If you'd like to see THE FACTS on the matter then try the link below. If you'd like to carry on with your uneducated and insulting bile without bothering to read it then more fool you.

"In response to poor information, myths and plain lies about what happened at Hillsborough, the following facts may help people better understand what happened on the day and in the aftermath of the disaster. It is presented in a concise, factual manner, there are no opinions expressed, just historical, verifiable, facts."

http://www.hfsg.co.uk/5.html

Spurs73

Don't make yourself look more of an idiot than you have already. The S*n lied about what happened at Hillsborough and have since admitted it and printed an apology. Not that it matters to 99% of LFC fans, the damage that article did can never be undone, as is evident when muppets like you still believe the complete bull that they printed.

That's my lot on this matter.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
16 Sep 08

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
"You're a foreigner so you're not entitled to comment." That's the message I get from your hypersensitive response.
Hey Bosse,

welcome to the sports forum. Inductions are at 3pm (ask Tim .

If you read the entire thread, you'll notice I've engaged numerous people in debate and discussion who are also English. So, unfortunately, your interpretation is way off base.

Hope you stick around the Sports Forum, I'm sure you'll really enjoy some of our discussions on the results of the Premiership.

D

AB

Moves
16 Sep 08

Originally posted by BladeMan 63
Please reflect for a while and don't come back with insults, it does you no credit.
Please read some facts on the matter rather than your 19 year old, booze fuelled, bigotted, whispered rumours, recollection of that day.

It does you no credit.

Moves
16 Sep 08

AB

Moves
16 Sep 08

Originally posted by spurs73
The sad thing is that the SUN newspaper (of all thinks!) tried to address the real issue of how the events of that afternoon unfolded, but once again the people of liverpool and HUTTON shiffed all the blame on to someone else.

Even since then, ppl have been to afreid or embrassed to spreak the truth.
Worst, most insulting and ignorant post on this forum of all time.