ha ha Man U

ha ha Man U

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
01 Nov 07

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Just answer me these questions... which team is joint top of the league while enduring an injury run which has seen a minimum of 6 to a maximum of 12 first team players out injured? Which team is joint top while having the occasional injury problem?
Maybe you're there because you had those injuries, maybe in spite of those injuries. Even your interpretation is speculation. The difference is that I think speculation is quite normal in discussing football, as long as there is a coherent argument behind it.

s

6yd box

Moves
01 Nov 07

Originally posted by Palynka
How do you define 1st best? Is it not the best 11 in theory?

Edit - And Saha is pretty poor.
i have to say i rate saha... when he is fit, the guy is a fantastic goalscorer. Just check his record for fulham and then united.

He has a great scoring % to games played in prem league. Unted are very fortunate to have him as a reserve (when he is fit!!)

C

Moves
02 Nov 07

Originally posted by spurs73
i have to say i rate saha... when he is fit, the guy is a fantastic goalscorer. Just check his record for fulham and then united.

He has a great scoring % to games played in prem league. Unted are very fortunate to have him as a reserve (when he is fit!!)
He should never have left Fulham. :'(

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
02 Nov 07

Originally posted by Palynka
Of course it says something, but of course it's not the end of the story either. The fact remains that if you think Man U needs someone upfront to play alone, Saha is not the player to be there. He not only is injury prone but he also isn't anything special when he's fit. So overall, he's poor.

I wouldn't think of naming him a 1st choice player for Man U. ...[text shortened]... t's why teams need more than just 1st choice players, or what I consider that to be.
You are missing the point completely.
Saha is an excellent player, he offers something different to Rooney and Tevez.
He's our 3rd choice striker but he offers something different:-
- Unexpected bursts of pace
- Very good target man
- Consistent goal scorer when fit
- Great header of the ball
- He has a track record of changing games when he comes on off the bench

He's a very good striker and gives us lots of options.
Some games he will start in, some he will not.

Its also unbelievable that people can't or won't admit that United have amazing quality and strength in depth.

Look at the attacking players in the team that started against Middlesborough:-

Tevez Rooney
Nani Hargreaves Anderson Ronaldo

Only 2 of the 6 players were Mancester United players last season when we won the Premiership.

Now thats impressive strength in depth.

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
16 Dec 07

Originally posted by silly mctall
oh dear Man U went out of the Carling cup last night!!! i dont care what people say about it it is still a trophey and if a Man U fan says to me that its only a mickey mouse cup its bull. they would have loved to go through last night but got beaten by the better side!
Still laughing silly mctall?

I'll be laughing watching Liverpool play a full strength Liverpool side against Chelsea in the ermmm, Carling Cup or whatever its called.

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
11 Jan 08

Ha Ha Manchaester United?

Are you still laughing after Liverpool got knocked out by Chelsea?

Also I have always wondered this......

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN WHY:-

- Liverpool Supporters sing " You'll never walk alone" when they win
- Liverpool Supporters boo off their team when they get beat?

Also can you explain why:-
- Hicks and Gillette are struggling to finance a $500m loan on the club
- The stadium is being down graded?
- Rafa looks like he's out of a job at the end of the season
- Liverpool are > 10 points off the league summit at the half way stage
- Out of the League Cup
- Have no real injury problems with this poor peformance record
- Haven't won the league for 18 years
- Can't sign Macherano up
- Torres has only scored 1 goal away from home
- Get boo'd off the pitch when they lose and apparantly walk alone

M

Moves
25 Jan 08

sc

where angels play

Moves
26 Jan 08

Not sure where you heard the booing but i was at the game on monday and didnt hear any booing and yes i did stay to the end.

I heard chants from the kop slaging of the owners but thats just people who are passionate about the club venting their anger at the way the club has been draged through the mud in the past few weeks.

I know it must be hard for a scumbag fan to realise that there are people who actually care so much for their club that they will take a stand and vent their frustration, instead of keeping their mouths shut, sitting in their seats and enjoying their "prawn sandwichs".

Maybe the lack of passion at old trafford in recent years has affected the way you look at the game roab. What with all the corp hospitalty, no standing up, no flags, no atmosphere, im not surprised the average scumgbag fan is little shocked when he heres noises verberating around a football ground. You no if you miss it that much you could always just switch colours and come and sit on the Kop, i know it doesnt take much for you scumbags give up the fight and jump ship.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
26 Jan 08

Originally posted by sally cinnamon
You no if you miss it that much you could always just switch colours and come and sit on the Kop
DURRRR!!!

LOL. I have to say, I think it's hilarious that Liverpool FC has fallen into the hands of a couple of penniless asset strippers. It's fitting, considering the criminal records of most of the Pool fans.

D

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
26 Jan 08

Not sure where you heard the booing but i was at the game on monday and didnt hear any booing and yes i did stay to the end.

I heard chants from the kop slaging of the owners but thats just people who are passionate about the club venting their anger at the way the club has been draged through the mud in the past few weeks.

I know it must be ha ...[text shortened]... d sit on the Kop, i know it doesnt take much for you scumbags give up the fight and jump ship.
Sally sillyman, do you think serious consideration will be given to trying to get into the UEFA cup via the Inter-toto cup after this season?

D

sc

where angels play

Moves
26 Jan 08

Sorry but im having trouble taking the opinions and questions of a plastic fan seriously

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
26 Jan 08

Sorry but im having trouble taking the opinions and questions of a plastic fan seriously
I'm not the one who switches allegiances at the drop of a hat. 🙄

sally switchateam: "Now i was born in crewe which again is pretty close to both citys so as a child i would follow Crewe Alex, but this changed when i moved to chester in my late teens ".

D

sc

where angels play

Moves
26 Jan 08

Followed crewe then chester, always "supported" liverpool, but being from scumchester you would know all about following your local team i suppose?

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
26 Jan 08

Followed crewe then chester, always "supported" liverpool, but being from scumchester you would know all about following your local team i suppose?
What are you talking about? I support my local team. You know absolutely nothing about me. Or football in general, it sounds like.

Has the sports forum really come to this dire situation, where Palynka is the only one coming up with fresh flames, to be mindlessly repeated by the imagination lacking tv generation of the likes of you and cashthetard?

D

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
26 Jan 08

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Has the sports forum really come to this dire situation, where Palynka is the only one coming up with fresh flames, to be mindlessly repeated by the imagination lacking tv generation of the likes of you and cashthetard?
People aren't repeating me, because what I said is common knowledge.