ha ha Man U

ha ha Man U

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A
Forza Azzurri!!!!!!!

WC Champs 2006

Moves
12 Oct 07

Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
Thank you for explaining to the readers of this forum what an exceptional player Totti is and has always been.

He certainly is on current form one of the best players in the world, like I said second only to Messi.

I see a reasonable amount of Spanish and Italian football and Totti for years has been in the top 10 players in world football, ...[text shortened]... as intended):
Rooney, Ronaldo, Vidic, Tevez, Anderson, Evra, Scholes, Giggs and maybe Drogba.
No thank you.

It's refreshing to see a United supporter not on the 'Totti is overrated band wagon'

Call a spade a spade.

s

6yd box

Moves
13 Oct 07

As for Spurs, they are actually my second favourate side.
Some of my favourate players to have played in England are:-
- Gascoigne, Hoddle, Waddle, Anderson (when fit), Campball, Klisngsman, Berbatov, Nico Clausen, that Scotish defender from 15 years ago (I can't remember his name)
Richard Gough? (suruly not Colin Colderwood?😲)

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
14 Oct 07

Originally posted by spurs73
Richard Gough? (suruly not Colin Colderwood?😲)
Yes it was Richard Gough, now he was a classy player.

JJ

Moves
15 Oct 07

Now that is a quality post.
HAHAHAHA....THANKS....HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
24 Oct 07

Originally posted by trevor33
alonso?

he would walk into any team in the prem.

hhmmm carrick or alonso?

want to talk about over rated players in the prem?

first one on the list - wayne rooney

3 decent game in euro 04 and a screamer against arsenal and he's better than pele.
Hello T.

So now that Rooney has recovered from injury again.

Can you explain why Rooney (who turned 22 today) is your number on the list as the most overrated player in the Premiership?

K
Mel Kirwan

Hauxton

Moves
24 Oct 07

Hello T.

So now that Rooney has recovered from injury again.

Can you explain why Rooney (who turned 22 today) is your number on the list as the most overrated player in the Premiership?
Because he hasn't performed well for England or in the Champions league for a consistent period.

He is young and may well do so in the future. It's not his fault that he went with England pinning their entire hopes on him. There were a lot of other very highly paid professionals in that squad waiting for a kid to save them.

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
24 Oct 07

Originally posted by Kirwan
Because he hasn't performed well for England or in the Champions league for a consistent period.

He is young and may well do so in the future. It's not his fault that he went with England pinning their entire hopes on him. There were a lot of other very highly paid professionals in that squad waiting for a kid to save them.
You have some valid points.

I dispute that he hasn't played well in the CL.
He scored an amazing winner in the 1st leg SF against AC Milan last season.
Sometimes Rooney has patches when he does not score but he always gets assists and defends for the team.

When he's playing well (like now) he scoers against all teams.

Rooney has done more for England in the last 2 games then Gerrard has in his entire England career.

There is not a single player in the Premiership right now playing better than Rooney.
He performes against every side.
The 2 goals he scored agaist Villa away were pure class.

Everyone says Ronaldo is better, no chance, Ronaldo is great but does not perform against the top teams.
Rooney does.

World class players excell against all teams when they are playing well, Rooney does this.
I have yet to see Ronaldo play well against a world class side for United.

As for Gerrard, superb for Liverpool, amazing, what a player.
For England the guy is a joke.

s

6yd box

Moves
24 Oct 07
1 edit

You have some valid points.

Rooney has done more for England in the last 2 games then Gerrard has in his entire England career.

There is not a single player in the Premiership right now playing better than Rooney.
He performes against every side.
The 2 goals he scored agaist Villa away were pure class.

Everyone says Ronaldo is better, n ...[text shortened]...

As for Gerrard, superb for Liverpool, amazing, what a player.
For England the guy is a joke.

COME..COME...THATS A BIT DODGY TO SAY THAT... apart from Euro 2004, he has not been the England match winner in major games.

AGAIN I THINK ARSnel FANS MAY MENTION SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN OUTSTANDING SO FAR THIS SEASON, EVEN MORE SO THEN ROONEY😉

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
25 Oct 07

COME..COME...THATS A BIT DODGY TO SAY THAT... apart from Euro 2004, he has not been the England match winner in major games.

AGAIN I THINK ARSnel FANS MAY MENTION SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN OUTSTANDING SO FAR THIS SEASON, EVEN MORE SO THEN ROONEY😉
Ok Fabregas seems to be playing really well, personally I'd still take Rooney over Fabregas any day.

The Ars havn't played a top 4 side yet so lets see how well he players against the his Spanish compatriots on Saturday.

k

Moves
29 Oct 07

The only thing to say in reply to this , 'THE TREBLE',- FA cup , League championship and champions league winners in the same season. No amount of childish banter based on petty jealousy can brush that under the carpet. It's never been done before ,and probably never will be again!

JJ

Moves
30 Oct 07

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

s

6yd box

Moves
30 Oct 07
1 edit

Originally posted by kalendorf
The only thing to say in reply to this , 'THE TREBLE',- FA cup , League championship and champions league winners in the same season. No amount of childish banter based on petty jealousy can brush that under the carpet. It's never been done before ,and probably never will be again!
Not wanting to take anything away from the Man U treble winning team...just wanted to say that United were not the champions of England the season before .......so they won the European champions cup when they were not champions of their own league😛

sorry.... i know thats a diffirent topic!

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
31 Oct 07
1 edit

Not wanting to take anything away from the Man U treble winning team...just wanted to say that United were not the champions of England the season before .......so they won the European champions cup when they were not champions of their own league😛

sorry.... i know thats a diffirent topic!
Thats an old argument but the way it is now is much better than the way it use to be.

(1) You are wrong.
Manchester United were the Champions of England when they won the Champions League. They actually beat Spurs at home 2-1 the week before the cup final to win the league😛

(2) The old way was flawed.
The old style European Cup had the champions of each country playing each other THE FOLLOWING SEASON in the European Cup.

It was a competition of Champions but not a competition of the best teams in Europe.

For example, often you have different champions each year.
So in the past the champions of England in 1980 would play in the European Cup in 1981. In 1981 the best team in England may be a different team for many reasons:-
- The 1980 champions have sold players, players retire, etc....
- Other teams develop/sign new players that make them better teams than the 1980 champions.

Today the Champions League is all the best teams together.
In the past if was flawed becuuse the competition occured the following season and so was not the best teams competing against each other.

It was also much much easier to win in the past, I mean Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest won the competition.

BTW: The Manchester United squad of 2007 has Treble Winners written all over it.

This is by far the best Manchester United squad I have ever seen.
Wayne Rooney - best player in the country, for some reason overrated by some.
Carlos Tevez - possibly the best strike partnership developing with Rooney ever seen in the premiership
Christiano Ronaldo - Most talented player in the premiership
Nani and Anderson - Hottest new prospects in the premiership (age 20 and 19)

Not forgetting Scholes, Giggs, Saha, Hargreaves, Carrick, Fletcher, Park.

I've not even started talking about the defense yet!

Premiership Prediction:-
-Manchester United
-Chelsea
-Arsenal
-Blackburn Rovers
-Liverpool (May have to take another loan out on the 500m debt, I'm sure Hicks and Gillette will spin the story you want to hear though)

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
31 Oct 07

Nani's goal against Middlesborough will be the best seen all year in the premiership,and it just shows what he is capable of.

AB

Moves
31 Oct 07

Premiership Prediction:-
-Manchester United
-Chelsea
-Arsenal
-Blackburn Rovers
-Liverpool
Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue (August)
1 Manchester United
2 Chelsea
3 Tottenham
4 Arsenal
5 Newcastle
6 Manchester City
7 Liverpool
8 Everton
9 Portsmouth
10 Blackburn

Make your mind up!