ha ha Man U

ha ha Man U

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
26 Jan 08
1 edit

Liverpool 0 - H&W 1 at the moment. 🙄

Edit - Not anymore.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
26 Jan 08

Originally posted by Palynka
Liverpool 0 - H&W 1 at the moment. 🙄

Edit - Not anymore.
LOL 1-2.

Seems like sally sillyman might be looking for another new team to support this evening.

D

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
26 Jan 08

Originally posted by Ragnorak
LOL 1-2.

Seems like sally sillyman might be looking for another new team to support this evening.

D
2 - 2.

This is going to be a classic game between these two giants of English football.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
26 Jan 08

Originally posted by Palynka
2 - 2.

This is going to be a classic game between these two giants of English football.
I think this game will be very interesting.

I think we'll find out that the only difference between a technically very poor premiership side and a bunch of dustmen will be fitness.

Taking the one key difference between the 2 sides, the fitness, into account, I predict a win of 5-2 for Liverpool.

D

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
26 Jan 08

Originally posted by sally cinnamon
Not sure where you heard the booing but i was at the game on monday and didnt hear any booing and yes i did stay to the end.

I heard chants from the kop slaging of the owners but thats just people who are passionate about the club venting their anger at the way the club has been draged through the mud in the past few weeks.

I know it must be ha ...[text shortened]... d sit on the Kop, i know it doesnt take much for you scumbags give up the fight and jump ship.
Liverpool have been booed off the field at least 3 times this season at home.
I've seen in on TV, read about it and my best mate who is a Liverpool season ticket holder has told me so.

I heard chants from the kop singing "Our Americans are better than yours" about a yesr ago, ROFL.
You welcomed them with open arms, believed all the lies about no debt and if Rafa wants Snoppy Dogg he can have him, little did Rafa know, then meant buy Rafa a Snoppy Dogg Album to play at half time for team talks.

It was Manchester United fans that put up serious opposition to their American owners, not Liverpool. Pashionate about their club, Liverpol fans?
Only when they realized the Americans have bought LFC as a feeder club to generate cash for their American sports franchises 🙂

Its Everton that are the best team in Liverpool.
Look at the league table, Liverpool are a mid team table side.

There are 2 good teams in Liverpool, Everton and Everton reserves.

I've been in the kop many times.
I was there the day Everton won the league while Liverpool were playing at home, sometime in the 80's, the anouncer read out the results at the end of the game and said that makes Everton champions.
I Looked at all the people from Southport, Wales and Chester around me and laughed (silently of course).

ha ha Liverpool.
- 18 years and counting, its all about the league, you are a cup team, 18 YEARS
- Lets all cheer for the 1st part of the refinance that Hicks and Gillette have agreed, its all their own money you know!!!
- I'm staring to think the bin dippers won't even get in Europe this season, could this be the start of a new Leeds?
- The problem is LFC only have 1 quite good player Torres, 2 away goals, well done, when was the last time Gerrard played well agaist a top side for LFC or England?
- Rafa is a dead man walking, I mean, should I start going out with a new girl friend, just incase things don't work out with my wife?
- LFC accademy has been a great sucess hasn't it, would you like to compare it to Manchester Uniteds over the last 5, 10, 15 years?
- As another of my Liverpool frends told me, the heart of Liverpools current squad has changed and died since Paco was booted from the boot room
- Liverpool could be a good side again if they bought 3 new strikers, 1 CM, LW, RW, 2 CB's a LB and RB, that were decent players. Rafa has bought about 60 players and only Torres seems any good. Even your good player, Torres wouldn't get in the Unted starting 11 ahead of Rooney or Tevez 😉, I mean 2 away goals against who?
- You have your memories though, just like Forest and Villa. Keep them and be proud, just like Forest and Leeds fans are right now, thats where you're heading.
- Liverpool are no longer a big club, you're a CUP TEAM.
- Big clubs win league titles, 18 years and counting. Liverpool won a few titles when the opposition was Forest, Villa and Everton, in the modern game though other big clubs like Barcelona, Madrid, Inter, Milan, Bayern, Manchester United, keep on winning league titles, Liverpool are not a big club, a cup team is what you are
- And you'll never win the TREBLE, never have, never will

s

6yd box

Moves
26 Jan 08

Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue

I heard chants from the kop singing "Our Americans are better than yours" about a yesr ago, ROFL.
You welcomed them with open arms, believed all the lies about no debt and if Rafa wants Snoppy Dogg he can have him, little did Rafa know, then meant buy Rafa a Snoppy Dogg Album to play at half time for team talks.

It was Manchester United fans th ...[text shortened]... s opposition to their American owners, not Liverpool. Pashionate about their club, Liverpol fans?
Must say.. that is a good point. I remember how ppl at work who support liverpuds were all excited that they had new owners..at the time.

by the way i am a great fan of Snoop😛

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
27 Jan 08

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Taking the one key difference between the 2 sides, the fitness, into account, I predict a win of 5-2 for Liverpool.
Having accurately predicted the outcome of the game, I'd just like to comment that if the dustmen had run alongside their vehicles, things could have been so different today.

That extra fitness would probably have meant the difference between an average amateur team of refuse collectors and a bunch of overpaid "professionals".

D

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
27 Jan 08
1 edit

Originally posted by spurs73
I remember how ppl at work who support liverpuds were all excited that they had new owners..at the time.
I wouldn't worry about silly's opinion. He's so used to lying while dealing with the police, he has no appreciation for the facts, honesty nor truth...
"Joel, Avi and Bryan Glazer had to leave Old Trafford in police vans on Wednesday after fans angry at the £790m takeover protested outside the stadium. The Glazer brothers, sons of new owner Malcolm, were making their first visit to the club since taking it over.

Barriers were erected around the ground as fans tried to stop the Glazers leaving and two arrests were made."

Do you think fans should still protest after 70 odd million was spent this summer?

compared to...
""There were no fans congregating at the Shankly Gates eagerly awaiting news and certainly no protests" {excert taken from article on liverpoolfc.tv}. What happened when Glazier took over at Utd?

"They spoke of Liverpool being the most important club in the most important sport in the world, and, of course, their desire to win trophies" {taken from same article}. Are these the words of men with little regard of Liverpool on our traditions?

It was as if the club was saying there may well be change at the top but Liverpool FC remains the same traditional club and retains the same family values which have served it so well over the years.

"There was no fanfare, fireworks or razzmatazz. This was the Liverpool Way of doing things. Everything was low key with no grand gestures, outlandish promises or anything but a united front" {" " above}.

If these excerts don't allay our initial reservations, I don't know what will? I, for one, am in eager anticipation for the next transfer window to see what signal our new owners are wishing to send out? ;o)"

And lastly, some prophetic, "truthful" words from the yanks...
"
George Gillett Jnr has confirmed money has not been borrowed against Liverpool's debt in order to buy the Premiership club.

Along with American business partner Tom Hicks, Gillett has agreed a deal to take over The Reds after his offer was recommended to shareholders.

There have been suggestions that the buy-out will be similar to that of the Glazers' takeover of Manchester United, but Gillett says Liverpool will not be saddled with any debt.

"This is going to be unusual, I think, in the history of sport in England," Gillett told Sky Sports News.

"There were many concerns that the chairman (David Moores) expressed about that subject and we listened to him carefully.

"So we've structured it in a way, I think, will be good for the club and good for the fans going forward."

D

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
11 May 08

Still laughing boys?
17 Times English Champions.
10 Premier League titles.

1 down 1 to go.
Roll on Moscow.

Manchester United Preimer League Champions 2008.

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
11 May 08

Still laughing boys?

1 down 1 to go.
Roll on Moscow.

Manchester United Preimer League Champions 2008.
Preimer???

You inventing new trophies now?

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
11 May 08

Originally posted by blade68
Preimer???

You inventing new trophies now?
No trophies left for Manchester United to win, we've won them all.

My team is setting new records, when almost everyone else doubted them and the manager.

You're left amusin uself wiw spelin competisns.

AB

Moves
11 May 08

Same thing

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
11 May 08

Originally posted by Angry Boy
Same thing
Yes it is but the Premier League represents the modern game, which means something.

Liverpool have 18, United have 17, so Liverpool are still the most sucessful English club.

The end is in sight now though.
1 more and we have a better English record with our FA Cup victories.

2 more and Sir Alex will finally once and for all have really knocked you off your perch.

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
12 May 08

Yes it is but the Premier League represents the modern game, which means something.

Liverpool have 18, United have 17, so Liverpool are still the most sucessful English club.

The end is in sight now though.
1 more and we have a better English record with our FA Cup victories.

2 more and Sir Alex will finally once and for all have really knocked you off your perch.
Let me first state that I am not a Man Utd 'hater' or an ABU.... I'm pleased Man Utd won the Premiership over Chelsea or Arsenal...

However, Man Utd fans cannot seriously begin to claim to be the best ever English side until they have achieved what Liverpool have done in Europe over the years...

Undoubtedly, Man Utd have been the best English side over the last 15 years... but 'ever' is still a fair way off!

I do hope they go and stuff Chelsea in Moscow, I'll be rooting for them...

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
13 May 08

Originally posted by blade68
Let me first state that I am not a Man Utd 'hater' or an ABU.... I'm pleased Man Utd won the Premiership over Chelsea or Arsenal...

However, Man Utd fans cannot seriously begin to claim to be the best ever English side until they have achieved what Liverpool have done in Europe over the years...

Undoubtedly, Man Utd have been the best English side over ...[text shortened]... air way off!

I do hope they go and stuff Chelsea in Moscow, I'll be rooting for them...
Its an interesting debate and Manchester United and Liverpool supporters will always see things from an opposing point of view.

As a blade I'll class you as a neutral and I am surprised that you think Manchester United are still a fair way off.

Just let me ask you some questions and I'll be interested to see if you change your mind.

If United win the Premier League next season:-
Both United and Liverpool have 18 League titles.
United have 11 FA cups to Liverpools 8 (I think).

Does that not make United more sucessful in England.
If United win 2 more league titles, then surely that is significant.

Now lets open up the bigger picture:-
Liverpool have 5 European cups

vs

United have 2 maybe 3 European cups
The only team to win the treble.
United have won the world club championship Liverpool have never won it.
Liverpool have never won the Premier League which represents the modern game.
It was much easier to win the European Cup than CL.
It may be easier to get into the CL but United would have had 10 much easier chances of winnig the EC than the CL.