ICC Cricket World Cup

ICC Cricket World Cup

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
16 Apr 07

Originally posted by boarman
Big game tonight that just might be the final
Australia vs Sri Lanka
This game might even test the aussies ,cause up until now they have cruised to victory .
I almost hope the Aussies win.. Sri Lanka are playing well and our guys can't handle the spin ..

Aus had better watch out.. Chaminder is bowling so surgically he could give their top order a vaasectomy.

l
Kara Thrace &

her special destiny

Moves
16 Apr 07

Originally posted by Tirau Dan
I almost hope the Aussies win.. Sri Lanka are playing well and our guys can't handle the spin ..

Aus had better watch out.. Chaminder is bowling so surgically he could give their top order a vaasectomy.
Do you believe the Sri Lankans left out Chaminda Vass and Murilitheran?!?
There will be some eyebrows raised as Australia duly slapped them hard. Australia won by 7 wickets. Sri Lanka got 226 and we got that in 39 overs.
Those bowlers would have helped.

BM

Moves
17 Apr 07

Yeah, Sri Lanka played their 'B' team as far as the bowling lineup goes. I guess they figured they were already assured of making it into the semifinals, so why risk an injury to a vital player like Murali or Vaas. Still, a shame we missed out on seeing the two face off against each other as full strength lineups. Hopefully they meet in the semis (as a Kiwi, I'll be hoping we meet anybody EXCEPT Australia in the semifinal...)

KS

Palmerston North

Moves
17 Apr 07

I also think that they might rest more player comming up to the Sri Lanka vs. Ireland match.

R

Middlesbrough

Moves
17 Apr 07

whats happening to England?...why do we over hype ourselves when we are obviousley not 1 of the top nations in this world cup...sorry if been mentioned already but getting stressed out as we are currently
56 for 3 wickets...no big scorers we just seem to shoot ourelves in the foot every time.........

b

Moves
17 Apr 07

Originally posted by Rookscarer
whats happening to England?...why do we over hype ourselves when we are obviousley not 1 of the top nations in this world cup...sorry if been mentioned already but getting stressed out as we are currently
56 for 3 wickets...no big scorers we just seem to shoot ourelves in the foot every time.........
We pick the wrong players. We take no notice of the power plays and we persist in thinking of one day cricket as an insignificant off-shoot of the real variety, ie five day Test matches.

m

Moves
17 Apr 07

Originally posted by Rookscarer
Who's doing the hyping? Everyone I know thinks we're poor at one day cricket and have been for some time. Even the media seems to agree.

Only 1 F in Uckfield

Buxted UK

Moves
17 Apr 07

Originally posted by mtthw
Who's doing the hyping? Everyone I know thinks we're poor at one day cricket and have been for some time. Even the media seems to agree.
119 - 6 oh dear.

I never really had any expectations for Eng in this tournie but it is very sad to see us not even give a proper fight.

Timid and insipid

b

Moves
17 Apr 07

Originally posted by invigorate
119 - 6 oh dear.

I never really had any expectations for Eng in this tournie but it is very sad to see us not even give a proper fight.

Timid and insipid
England's performance was dire. Truly abysmal. The right four teams have got through. Good luck everybody against Australia.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
18 Apr 07

England will be back again.. new coach a few new players... but same old nobility pulling the strings.

Well its all one now.. down to the wire..
Its awful timing for the games down under I have to go to work at the business end of each game.. ugh.

b

Moves
19 Apr 07

Well heads have started to roll in the England camp. Not before time.
I reckon Moody will get the coach job.

t

Moves
20 Apr 07

Originally posted by B Money
Yeah, Sri Lanka played their 'B' team as far as the bowling lineup goes. I guess they figured they were already assured of making it into the semifinals, so why risk an injury to a vital player like Murali or Vaas. Still, a shame we missed out on seeing the two face off against each other as full strength lineups. Hopefully they meet in the semis (as a Kiwi, I'll be hoping we meet anybody EXCEPT Australia in the semifinal...)
An overused cliche but despite Aussie being overwhelming favourites (damn it!), any of the other semi-finalists could pull off an upset ...

... not likely perhaps, but we have hope! 🙂

BM

Moves
20 Apr 07

That's true, on the day any one team out of the semi-finalists is capable of pulling off a brilliant performance. Still, I'll rest a little easier knowing that my beloved Black Caps have to play Sri Lanka rather than Australia in our semi (even though we lost to Sri Lanka in the round robin). It'll be interesting to see how NZ does in out last pool game against Australia, that'll give us a chance to benchmark ourselves against the best team in the competition thus far

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
20 Apr 07

Originally posted by B Money
That's true, on the day any one team out of the semi-finalists is capable of pulling off a brilliant performance. Still, I'll rest a little easier knowing that my beloved Black Caps have to play Sri Lanka rather than Australia in our semi (even though we lost to Sri Lanka in the round robin). It'll be interesting to see how NZ does in out last pool game agai ...[text shortened]... ll give us a chance to benchmark ourselves against the best team in the competition thus far
Australian vice-captain Adam Gilchrist can see many improvements in the Black Caps' side they are about to face, compared with the team they thrashed just four months ago.

New Zealand and Australia square off in Grenada tomorrow morning (NZ Time) in their final cricket World Cup Super Eights match.

Gilchrist says New Zealand is a vastly different side to the one that failed to make the tri-series final earlier this year. He says having a fully fit Scott Styris has added hugely to the winning mentality the Black Caps have developed.

..nzcity

t

Moves
20 Apr 07

And the Kiwis were smashed.

The league was a tad disappointing, too. 🙁