1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Apr '08 13:22
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Don't you know anything? The ballots for MVP have already been handed in PRIOR to the playoffs. You're lucky they were; Chris Paul's astonishing performance against the Mavs would have sewn it up for him.
    I agree totally.

😲
  2. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '08 17:21
    Don't you know anything? The ballots for MVP have already been handed in PRIOR to the playoffs. You're lucky they were; Chris Paul's astonishing performance against the Mavs would have sewn it up for him.
    Yes I did know that, I just said that should further SOLIDIFY his MVP. Meaning that it should leave no doubts in people's minds. And your talking about Chris Paul's performance, what about Kobe's 49 points and 10 assists in game 2? So he can score and PASS. OMG It's a freaking miracle.
  3. Joined
    25 Mar '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '08 20:27
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    Yes I did know that, I just said that should further SOLIDIFY his MVP. Meaning that it should leave no doubts in people's minds. And your talking about Chris Paul's performance, what about Kobe's 49 points and 10 assists in game 2? So he can score and PASS. OMG It's a freaking miracle.
    What about CP3's 32 points AND 17 ASSISTS he can pass AND SHOOT, usaully with a higher percentage. GO FIGURE!!!!!
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Apr '08 20:31
    Originally posted by 425lsu
    What about CP3's 32 points AND 17 ASSISTS he can pass AND SHOOT, usaully with a higher percentage. GO FIGURE!!!!!
    He's also held All-Star Jason Kidd to a paltry 7 points a game and made him look old.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Apr '08 20:33
    I have no excuses for the Celts; they've let the Hawks outhustle them the last two games. To my shock, I think there's a real chance that they might lose this series. That would be the biggest upset in playoff history (GS last year had Dallas' number during the regular season whereas the Celts routed Atlanta in their head to heads during the season).
  6. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '08 20:40
    He's also held All-Star Jason Kidd to a paltry 7 points a game and made him look old.
    come on everybody knows that J-Kidd isn't a scorer...he would probably be averaging around the same ppg if he were playing Denver.
  7. Joined
    25 Mar '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '08 20:491 edit
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    come on everybody knows that J-Kidd isn't a scorer...he would probably be averaging around the same ppg if he were playing Denver.
    The man is a triple-double threat whenever he walks on the floor ... but he has been held to 7 points, 7 rebounds, and 6 assists.

AND Denver plays NO defense so if you seriously think he would only have 7 ppg against them, think again.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Apr '08 20:52
    For his career, he averages 2.4 more PPG in the playoffs than he does in the regular season. http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/player?statsId=2625

This year, he averaged 10.8 PPG in the regular season and now 7.3 in the playoffs.
  9. Joined
    25 Mar '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '08 20:56
    It might be safe to say the future is here .... with CP3, Dwight Howard, and LeBron James just to name a few.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '08 21:02
    Paul is great but at this point in his career Kidd just stinks. He can't score at all and there is a big difference between playing good defense and getting triple doubles and being odd and getting 7 assists, six rebounds and single digit points which is what you can expect from him now.
  11. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '08 21:07
    Originally posted by 425lsu
    The man is a triple-double threat whenever he walks on the floor ... but he has been held to 7 points, 7 rebounds, and 6 assists.

AND Denver plays NO defense so if you seriously think he would only have 7 ppg against them, think again.
    Kidd has only attempted 27 FG's in four games, thats about how many shots Kobe takes per game; so again I argue that J-Kidd isn't a scorer. Oh, and another thing, J-Kidd is playing less mins per game than his career playoff average, so who is to say that he wouldn't be averaging a "magical" triple double like he did in last year's playoffs if he were playing more mins?
  12. Joined
    25 Mar '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '08 21:07
    For his career, he averages 2.4 more PPG in the playoffs than he does in the regular season. http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/player?statsId=2625

This year, he averaged 10.8 PPG in the regular season and now 7.3 in the playoffs.
    leepound, this is for you ^^^ can you read that it says he averaged 10.8 points per game THIS YEAR .... NOT single digits, so why should we expect only single digits in the post season???
  13. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '08 21:10

He is also putting up a career playoff low 34.8 mpg, do the math.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '08 21:12
    Well, 10.8 is basically single digits.
    Plus, in the playoffs there is more defense so I would expect Kidd to score less, he is getting older and it really shows in his game so I would expect him to score less and he is on a team that has more offensive options so I would expect him to score less.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Apr '08 21:16
    He is also putting up a career playoff low 34.8 mpg, do the math.
    Which is EXACTLY (well .1 mpg less) what he averaged playing for Dallas this year (when he averaged 9.9 PPG). And his career playoff scoring average is 16.6 in 41.5 minutes; he's not anywhere near that and wouldn't be if he played the extra minutes.

I realize it is required of you to denigrate every player in the NBA who's not wearing a Laker uniform, but this is getting a little ridiculous.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree