Only 3 teams can win the Premier League Now

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
27 Oct 08

Originally posted by Angry Boy
Even though it doesn't guarantee a win, a decent performance will make it easier to come by. But POINTS win championships not performances (see Arsenal as a good example).

Liverpool have dominated games in the past and not won them. Recently, we've won games that we've not controlled but it's a job done - 3 points thank you, move on.

The problem I ha ...[text shortened]... hat you're saying is that you seem to be assuming that Liverpool won't/can't play better.
You are right its the points that are going to win a team the league.

Liverpool are getting the points with a combination of strong performances against good teams and at times weak performances against the lesser teams.

I just don't think you can keep it going, I think a team has to consistently perform well, otherwise over the course of a season there will be too many blips.

We'll see though, even though I hate to say it Liverpool do seem to be a danger and if you start to play consistently well, week in week out you may win the league.

I just don't think your team is ready to do that yet.

Wasp the

By the seaside

Moves
28 Oct 08

Any one of the "boring big four" could win it man, although I would personally rule the Gooners out of the equation at this stage - too soft - they couldn't beat us a few weeks ago, and left it very late again against Wist Ham ...

We will give Chelski another tough game this Saturday though, after Hull soften them up a bit more on Wednesday

*singing* Djibril Cisse Sunderland's number nine πŸ™‚

AB

Moves
28 Oct 08

Originally posted by Vepsen
Any one of the "boring big four" could win it man
Please explain "boring"

a

Moves
30 Oct 08

Vepsen's Dictionary:

Boring - Better than the rest
- Score more goals
- Win more games

a

Moves
30 Oct 08

Vepsen's Thesaurus-

Boring -good, champions, winners, can play football better than the rest of the planet

ok it's becoming a dictionary again.

J

Moves
02 Nov 08

Ah well, It's back to a 2 horse race again!

s

6yd box

Moves
02 Nov 08

Originally posted by Vepsen
Any one of the "boring big four" could win it man, although I would personally rule the Gooners out of the equation at this stage - too soft - they couldn't beat us a few weeks ago, and left it very late again against Wist Ham ...

We will give Chelski another tough game this Saturday though, after Hull soften them up a bit more on Wednesday

*singing* Djibril Cisse Sunderland's number nine πŸ™‚
aham! Well i was hoping you guys would win😲

h

Moves
08 Nov 08

Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
You've just handed the title to United again on a plate - Thanks

Keep on building up the title talk, it makes it all the more sweeter when you fail again.
ARSENAL 2 - 1 MAN UTD

What an exceptional game!

GLORY GLORY?

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
08 Nov 08

Originally posted by Jamesqt
Ah well, It's back to a 2 horse race again!
I guess you mean Chelsea & Liverpool πŸ˜‰

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
08 Nov 08

Originally posted by Mctayto
I guess you mean Chelsea & Liverpool πŸ˜‰
Must be a bad day for United, we have this muppet posting anti United posts again.

Go to the bookies if you think Liverpool will win the league.

Theres just one rule you need to remember in the Premiership.
NEVER write off United.

Who is it you support anyway Jimmy?

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
08 Nov 08

Must be a bad day for United, we have this muppet posting anti United posts again.

Go to the bookies if you think Liverpool will win the league.

Theres just one rule you need to remember in the Premiership.
NEVER write off United.

Who is it you support anyway Jimmy?
You refer to me as a muppet and a jimmy all in one post and you think I would grace you with an answer - NOT

Utd are crap at the moment, ask Celtic & Arsenal πŸ˜€

Moves
08 Nov 08

You refer to me as a muppet and a jimmy all in one post and you think I would grace you with an answer - [b]NOT

Utd are crap at the moment, ask Celtic & Arsenal πŸ˜€[/b]
utd won't win the league....to many dutch men in nets.

J

Moves
09 Nov 08

You refer to me as a muppet and a jimmy all in one post and you think I would grace you with an answer - [b]NOT

Utd are crap at the moment, ask Celtic & Arsenal πŸ˜€[/b]
Suppose 4 horses are back in it again for now, but it's only a matter of time befor I post "back to a 2 horse race again" in this thread...those who know their football know you can never rite Utd off and over the 38 games only Man U are capable of been more consistent than Chelsea!!

Well you did make a very silly comment, would Celtic say Man U are crap at the moment..no they wouldn't as it happens considering the game at Old trafford when Gordon Stracken came out and said they were beated by the best team in Europe...would Arsenil? I wouldn't say so, they were just the better team on the day and deserved the win, every team loses from time to time, the question is can Arsenal play that well all season?..we will see

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
09 Nov 08

Manchester United
Chelsea
Manchester City
How loose is your use of the word "now"?

Moves
09 Nov 08

its so nice to see city playing so well πŸ˜€