Only 3 teams can win the Premier League Now

Only 3 teams can win the Premier League Now

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
24 Nov 08

Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
You get unpedictable results with mid week internationals, then compounded with mid week Champions League games the following week.

Also the top sides have some of their best players out.

The United and Chelsea games were very entertaining though and a good advertisement for entertaining competitive foootball.

Did you see Barcelona rest M ...[text shortened]... ports? Boring game, I think the top 3 teams in England are way ahead of the rest of Europe now.
Ahead in terms of entertainment or strength? I'd might agree with the former, but definitely not "way ahead" in terms of strength.

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
24 Nov 08

Originally posted by Palynka
Ahead in terms of entertainment or strength? I'd might agree with the former, but definitely not "way ahead" in terms of strength.
I think in the Champions League United, Chelsea and Liverpool are the top 3 teams that the Spanish and Italian teams would want to avoid the most.

These Premiership teams are very strong and difficult to break down in Europe.

As the Roma coach said last season, United are the most Italian team we've played this year, they play 4-6-0.

In the Premiership its entertaining and maybe not so strong. Just watched extended highlights of the Spurs game and it was great to watch.

In Europe the Premiership teams (excluding Arsenal) are very strong but not as entertaining.

E
YNWA

Moves
24 Nov 08

Originally posted by trev33
first week in premiership history that the 'big 4' didn't score a goal between them :'( come on stoke 😵
I've just had a look at the Premier League table and for the life of me can't figure out what you mean by the phrase 'big 4'. 😵

J

Moves
25 Nov 08

Definitely way ahead in terms of strenght and entertainment! This year will be the usual Champions league dominated by English teams!

It's still the same big four in England...Arsenal may have lost 5 games but their still only 1 point off the top 4!

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
25 Nov 08

Originally posted by Jamesqt
Definitely way ahead in terms of strenght and entertainment! This year will be the usual Champions league dominated by English teams!

It's still the same big four in England...Arsenal may have lost 5 games but their still only 1 point off the top 4!
Liverpool and Man U are tied with Atletico and Villarreal, Chelsea won 1 and lost 1 with Roma and Arsenal, in a group without high budget teams, is just two points ahead of Porto with still a trip to Portugal.

Slightly ahead? Probably. Way ahead? Hardly.

Also, Serie A teams look much stronger this year with Inter, Milan (not in CL) and Juve playing well and when Barcelona clicks they can destroy anyone.

AB

Moves
26 Nov 08

Liverpool and Man U are tied with Atletico and Villarreal, Chelsea won 1 and lost 1 with Roma and Arsenal, in a group without high budget teams, is just two points ahead of Porto with still a trip to Portugal.

Slightly ahead? Probably. Way ahead? Hardly.

Also, Serie A teams look much stronger this year with Inter, Milan (not in CL) and Juve playing well and when Barcelona clicks they can destroy anyone.
So, will you be backing a team outside the Premiership to win the European Cup this season then?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
26 Nov 08

Originally posted by Angry Boy
So, will you be backing a team outside the Premiership to win the European Cup this season then?
Read my 2nd line. Slowly.

AB

Moves
26 Nov 08

Read my 2nd line. Slowly.
I see what it says but it doesn't answer the question.

Don't try to be clever - it only makes you look more of an arrogant arse

Moves
26 Nov 08

yes. inter

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
26 Nov 08

I see what it says but it doesn't answer the question.

Don't try to be clever - it only makes you look more of an arrogant arse
Read it again. This time even more slowly.

AB

Moves
27 Nov 08
1 edit

Read it again. This time even more slowly.
The Premiership sides are "probably" "slightly ahead" in terms of strength.

Bookies make favourites but not everyone backs them even when they agree. It's about the odds .. see?

So given the market odds would you back a team from outside the Premiership to win the Champions League this season? If so, who?

Simple enough for you?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
27 Nov 08

The Premiership sides are "probably" "slightly ahead" in terms of strength.

Bookies make favourites but not everyone backs them even when they agree. It's about the odds .. see?

So given the market odds would you back a team from outside the Premiership to win the Champions League this season? If so, who?

Simple enough for you?
What are the odds for a non-Premiership team winning the CL?

AB

Moves
27 Nov 08

What are the odds for a non-Premiership team winning the CL?
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/win-market

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
27 Nov 08

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/win-market
I see that most bookies believe Barcelona is the most likely team to win the CL. Doesn't seem to do much for your opinion.

AB

Moves
28 Nov 08

I see that most bookies believe Barcelona is the most likely team to win the CL. Doesn't seem to do much for your opinion.
.. and my opinion is what exactly? Quote me, it'll help jog my memory.