1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    28 Sep '08 22:18
    Originally posted by dicky
    How blinkered are you?????????
    Get back to me at the end of the season, when your squad has been used to it's fullest due to injuries and tiredness. There's a big difference between cruising early round cup matches and winning the big games towards the end of a physically and mentally gruelling season.

Arsenal just don't have it with so many uproven, untested youths in the squad. The criminal piling on of pressure on the young shoulders of Fabregas will have to affect him at some point in the season, and ultimately, it'll be Wenger's complete and utter inability to keep squad players happy (Senderos, Lehman, Gilberto, etc, etc, etc) that means Arsenal will fail to challenge in the league or Champions League this season.

While the likes of Darren Fletcher, O' Shea and Ji Sung Park are often maligned as not being good enough, it's their willingness to not complain and play for the team which makes them priceless to United.

D
  2. 6yd box
    Moves
    29 Sep '08 05:39
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Get back to me at the end of the season, when your squad has been used to it's fullest due to injuries and tiredness. There's a big difference between cruising early round cup matches and winning the big games towards the end of a physically and mentally gruelling season.

Arsenal just don't have it with so many uproven, untested youths in the squad. Th ...[text shortened]... lingness to not complain and play for the team which makes them priceless to United.

D
    NICE POST RAG

Have to agree with you for a change!
  3. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    29 Sep '08 11:55

Arsenal just don't have it with so many uproven, untested youths in the squad. Th ...[text shortened]... lingness to not complain and play for the team which makes them priceless to United.

D
    I'll reiterate........ How blinkered are you ?????????????
  4. LA
    Moves
    29 Sep '08 17:03

D
    He's right dicky.

Arsenal have something like 30 players with great potential but nowhere near enough players that have shown they can play at a very high standard consistently for long periods of the season.

Look at your strike force:-
    Adebayor - terrible for the title run in last season.
    Van Persie - overrated, got potential but never regulally produced anything in how many years?
    Wallcott - Potential, great pace but he cleary is not someone you can rely on to win you the premiership.

Arsenal fell appart last season when the pressure was really on and a major factor in this was lack of experience, cover and burnout, Fabregas was a shadow of the player in the last 3rd of the season.

You've now lost a lot more experience since last season.

The invincibles had an average age of about 27 in midfield when they won the league, that tells you something.

This current Arsenal team has so many areas of the pitch with no cover for your the 1st pick team players and many of your 1st team pick players are high class but lack experience, so they are very likely to burn out.

Like Rag says the players that United have like o'Shea, Brown, Giggs, Fletcher, Park and even Scholes are priceless because they are not going to expect regular 1st team action but will not complain and do a great job for us when called on.
  5. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    29 Sep '08 20:25
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    He's right dicky.

Arsenal have something like 30 players with great potential but nowhere near enough players that have shown they can play at a very high standard consistently for long periods of the season.

Look at your strike force:-
    Adebayor - terrible for the title run in last season.
    Van Persie - overrated, got potential but never re ...[text shortened]... xpect regular 1st team action but will not complain and do a great job for us when called on.
    OK you mancs, who was it on MOTD that said you cant win the title with kids?????????? or do you forget, or does this only happen with Utd???? How wrong were they.... and fair play you proved them all wrong....
    As I say blinkered, no respect, It's time for the kids to step up to the plate.... And they will, you mark my words.
    Agree, there were boos from the crowd on Saturday and understandably so, disaponintment, big time, however we should of won that game 6 or 7 -2.... Facts great goal from Giovanni and a great header from Cousin...... We lost that game but would of won it another 9 times out of 10..
    Van Persie over Rooney? Every day of the week and wouldn't swap Adebayour for anyone in world football right now, including Henry.
    By the way how comes you cant beat the blue side of the city????? Not good enough or a bogey side?
  6. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '08 07:37

As I say blinkered

Van Persie over Rooney? Every day of the week

wouldn't swap Adebayour for anyone in world football right now
    The irony ....
  7. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    30 Sep '08 11:04
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    The irony ....
    ???????????????????
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    30 Sep '08 14:06
    ???????????????????
    What's your prediction for tonight? I don't have many good memories of playing Arsenal... At home we (Porto) it would be a different story, but away we usually struggle against you guys...
  9. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    30 Sep '08 14:33
    Originally posted by Palynka
    What's your prediction for tonight? I don't have many good memories of playing Arsenal... At home we (Porto) it would be a different story, but away we usually struggle against you guys...
    Well on the pretence I'm not being set up here by those Manc's my
    prediction is :
    Porto are still a good side but like most European sides not the best
    away from home (other than Man Utd of course)....
    After Wenger threw the toys out the pram on Saturday I think an early goal could be fatal for you..... Contary to popular belief Arsenal played well at the weekend and it just didn't come off (Bit like Utd v City most seasons).
    3-0 tonight with all the big guns shining bright.
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    30 Sep '08 15:07
    OK you mancs, who was it on MOTD that said you cant win the title with kids?????????? or do you forget, or does this only happen with Utd???? How wrong were they.... and fair play you proved them all wrong....
    As I say blinkered, no respect, It's time for the kids to step up to the plate.... And they will, you mark my words.
    Agree, there were boos from the c ...[text shortened]... he way how comes you cant beat the blue side of the city????? Not good enough or a bogey side?
    The United 95-96 situation was totally different than Arsenal's current situation.

United had Cantona, Pallister, Cole, McClair, May, Keane, Cryuff, Schmeichal, Johnsen, Karel Poborsky and Denis Irwin as old heads of the team.

Arsenal have William Gallas. A guy with the maturity of an unfertilised egg, and who responds to pressure like the cap on a bottle of coke left on the back window of the car all mid summers day.

Ye haven't a chance. FACT!!!

D
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    30 Sep '08 15:24
    A guy with the maturity of an unfertilised egg
    Ha! 😀
  12. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    30 Sep '08 21:03
    The United 95-96 situation was totally different than Arsenal's current situation.

United had Cantona, Pallister, Cole, McClair, May, Keane, Cryuff, Schmeichal, Johnsen, Karel Poborsky and Denis Irwin as old heads of the team.

Arsenal have William Gallas. A guy with the maturity of an unfertilised egg, and who responds to pressure like the cap on a bo ...[text shortened]... left on the back window of the car all mid summers day.

Ye haven't a chance. FACT!!!

D
    Point made !
  13. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    30 Sep '08 21:55
    Point made !
    Well what can I say.... A perfect perfomacnce from the perfect side!
  14. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Oct '08 14:43
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    The irony ....
    I was going to ask dicky if he wasn't actually a West Ham fan.

D
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Oct '08 15:21
    Well what can I say.... A perfect perfomacnce from the perfect side!
    Well done. We have been playing too softly of late, so I was afraid something like this might happen... 😞

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree