1. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Jun '12 10:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    tell me my friend, where is the largest concentration of Englishmen in Scotland? That is
    correct, upon the field of Bannockburn, and they are all six feet under! The rest were
    sent hame to their mammies, whimpering!
    battle of Flodden ,when the English where outnumbered and the Scots held the high ground .
    Englands army were fighting in europe, so a "b" team of an army was mustered in haste to fight the Scots . The Scots were defeated and ran back to Scotland to their mummies whimpering .
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '12 12:03
    Originally posted by phil3000
    battle of Flodden ,when the English where outnumbered and the Scots held the high ground .
    Englands army were fighting in europe, so a "b" team of an army was mustered in haste to fight the Scots . The Scots were defeated and ran back to Scotland to their mummies whimpering .
    yeah yeah, if it wasn't for your luckiness youd be speaking Gaelic this very day!
  3. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Jun '12 13:21
    tell me my friend, where is the largest concentration of Englishmen in Scotland? That is
    correct, upon the field of Bannockburn, and they are all six feet under! The rest were
    English army out numbered at the battle of Dunbar whooped the Scots and sent them running back to their mams ,whimpering .
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '12 13:33
    Originally posted by phil3000
    English army out numbered at the battle of Dunbar whooped the Scots and sent them running back to their mams ,whimpering .
    Blah, blah, blah! USA 5, Scotland 1. USA whooped their asses and sent them bawlin to their mammies! This is a football thread. Robbie, pick up your kilt show him your hiney(moonin) and be done with it. Phil, show himm a pic of 66 WC trophy and send him cryin to his mammie!
  5. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Jun '12 13:44
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Blah, blah, blah! USA 5, Scotland 1. USA whooped their asses and sent them bawlin to their mammies! This is a football thread. Robbie, pick up your kilt show him your hiney(moonin) and be done with it. Phil, show himm a pic of 66 WC trophy and send him cryin to his mammie!
    I like it scacchipazzo (not the part of robbie lifting his kilt though 😕 )..
    I will now stick to football as long as no haggissis ( dont know how to spell that 😉 ) come flying at me ..😵
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '12 14:05
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    flip sake, ive been hearing about 1966 since i was born, there is no chance of me
    forgetting it although i have tried many times. Italy took a tanking from the Russkies
    Sacchi dude, 0-3, I think its part of their strategy, give everyone a false sense, what
    yah think?
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '12 17:10
    flip sake, ive been hearing about 1966 since i was born, there is no chance of me
    forgetting it although i have tried many times. Italy took a tanking from the Russkies
    Sacchi dude, 0-3, I think its part of their strategy, give everyone a false sense, what
    yah think?
    I doubt their minds are going to be in it this time around. Italy is pretty messed up right now. Three earthquakes, two in Emilia-Romagna and the third in serieA!
  8. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    03 Jun '12 11:44
    yah think?
    nothing more boring than 66 talk most where not even born then, a bit like the celtic scum talking about 67 now thats zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '12 11:481 edit
    Originally posted by roma45
    nothing more boring than 66 talk most where not even born then, a bit like the celtic scum talking about 67 now thats zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴
    if you know your history, its enough to make your heart go . . . BTW did you see the
    BBC Scotland documentary , 'the men who sold the Jerseys', a damning expose of
    David Murray, Craig White and all who were stealing money from Rangers football club
    as well as the Tax man, flipsake, Graham Souness who was away from Rangers for ten
    years pocketed £30,000 from the offshore fund, personally, as a little sweetener for
    some transfer when he was manager of Newcastle i think. Murray himself pocketed
    1,000,000. He lied, he never put a penny of his own money into Rangers, what a
    shocker, it was the banks of Scotland money! Sic a parcel of rouges!
  10. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    03 Jun '12 11:49
    Robbie Robbie Robbie we have kicked your ass soo many times it actually got boring, you win one skirmish due to bad leadership and a shocking choice of battle ground and you make a national anthem out of it.

Yeah how sad is that your national anthem reminds everyone that you beat us once, and the fact that you sing it in English reminds us that you may have edged the odd battle but the English won the war.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '12 12:021 edit
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Robbie Robbie Robbie we have kicked your ass soo many times it actually got boring, you win one skirmish due to bad leadership and a shocking choice of battle ground and you make a national anthem out of it.

Yeah how sad is that your national anthem reminds everyone that you beat us once, and the fact that you sing it in English reminds us that you may have edged the odd battle but the English won the war.
    My man, when you pass through Stirling on your way North, look upon those fields and
    lament for the English Knights, resting under the grass of the Bannockburn. If you had
    let us live peacefully as we desired and instead of having tried to enslave us, we could
    have forgotten the matter, but no, your arrogance and pride would not let you and we
    had to humble you. Its an easy thing for us to disdain your English swords safe in
    valour's glory, but we were sold for English gold, by a treacherous nobility that
    uprooted entire communities of Scots from their homes and forced them to flee the
    country under dire circumstances, these events are not that long ago and not so easily
    forgotten. In fact, if you go to the Highlands and Islands this very day, you can still see
    the houses of those forced from their homes by unscrupulous landowners, bought by
    English gold.
  12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    03 Jun '12 13:081 edit
    My man, when you pass through Stirling on your way North, look upon those fields and
    lament for the English Knights, resting under the grass of the Bannockburn. If you had
    let us live peacefully as we desired and instead of having tried to enslave us, we could
    have forgotten the matter, but no, your arrogance and pride would not let you and we e houses of those forced from their homes by unscrupulous landowners, bought by
    English gold.
    Robbie; every peasant community in Europe was at some point decimated by enclosures and land clearances, but because of the backwardness of the highland clan culture it happened later in Scotland, you will not see any such remnants in England because our character compels us to get back up and move on with reality, but not the Scots, oh no, they whinge and they whine and cling to a fantasy of the past like a security blanket.

It is worth noting that the dismantling of the highland clan system by the British was part of the aftermath of culloden which itself was the result of a Scottish jacobite army invading England in an attempt to put your pals the Stuarts back on the throne, I wonder why you do not mention culloden in your national anthem robbie. For us bannockburn was a bad day at the office, for you it is possibly the most important date in your calender, which I am sure you agree is a bit sad.

Meanwhile back at the euro's, yes it will eventually end in English tears, but at least we got an invite to the party.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '12 13:485 edits
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Robbie; every peasant community in Europe was at some point decimated by enclosures and land clearances, but because of the backwardness of the highland clan culture it happened later in Scotland, you will not see any such remnants in England because our character compels us to get back up and move on with reality, but not the Scots, oh no, they whinge and ...[text shortened]... uro's, yes it will eventually end in English tears, but at least we got an invite to the party.
    its just like an Englishman to diminish the reality and obscure the facts with vague
    assertions of, 'every pleasantry community in Europe', jive talk. People were forcibly
    removed from land for no other reason that it was more profitable to farm sheep,
    people who had lived there for generations, with letters of fire and sword, their roofs
    burnt, how dare you attempt to mitigate the realities of that with insipid platitudes of,
    we moved on because our character compelled us? You have absolutely no
    egalitarian sensibilities, you think aristocracy is for your benefit, look how you
    pansies are cheering for your queen, have you no self respect? You are not us, your
    history is not ours, your culture is not ours, your values are not ours, do you
    understand?

You are a nation of shopkeepers and are not content unless you are dressing up as
    women and watching cricket. I love it when the Aussies give you a spanking at
    cricket, i love it when the Germans and the Argies give you a tanking at football, its
    awesome!
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Jun '12 14:27
    My man, when you pass through Stirling on your way North, look upon those fields and lament for the English Knights,
    My boy, when you pass through Stirling on your way South to beg for a hand-out from Westminster, look upon those fields and remind yourself, meekly, that you think about those fields in English. Then admit that, except for that one single time, you had your arsed handed to you on the points of English cavalry sabres.

Richard
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Jun '12 14:361 edit
    You are a nation of shopkeepers and are not content unless you are dressing up as women and watching cricket. I love it when the Aussies give you a spanking at cricket, i love it when the Germans and the Argies give you a tanking at football, its awesome!
    Of course you love that. You have to love that, because your own teams, like in any other sport, never even get a chance to be spanked by the Aussies at cricket and the Argentines at football. You're too much of a bunch of jessies for that. Instead, you have to resort to being whooped by the Dutch - the Dutch, for Bradman's sake! - at cricket, and the USA at football. Frankly, that's pathetic.

Richard

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree