2006 Championship has started

2006 Championship has started

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
15 Nov 06
2 edits

Tournament 941

time travel seems to be bowing out in a very graceful fashion.

my money is on the low rated quirine! (down to just 36 games in quantity the quality seems to be returning)

Q
Tovenaar

Dieren

Moves
15 Nov 06

Originally posted by flexmore
Tournament 941

time travel seems to be bowing out in a very graceful fashion.

my money is on the low rated quirine! (down to just 36 games in quantity the quality seems to be returning)
Thanks!

I had some good fortune against Gatecrasher who blundered so heavy he could do nothing but resign.. I don't know if Time Travel is bowing out: he seems to be playing on in the championship! The draws he and I played were pretty normal...
And you are right about the quality of my games: it improves when I play less games.

Otto

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
15 Nov 06

Originally posted by Quirine
Thanks!

I had some good fortune against Gatecrasher who blundered so heavy he could do nothing but resign.. I don't know if Time Travel is bowing out: he seems to be playing on in the championship! The draws he and I played were pretty normal...
And you are right about the quality of my games: it improves when I play less games.

Otto
If you manage to win it again this year that would be absolutely outstanding!! Especially with all the engine users who got banned last year and will undoubtedly be banned this year as well. Best of luck!! 🙂

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
23 Nov 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Quirine
With my shocker against against Quirine, and so many draws going around I decided my only hope of success was to go for results. On the principle that one plus one does not equal three, I've been turning down draw offers.

I did not expect Time Travel to resign two perfectly good games against me. I wanted to win games, but not in this manner. Should these results have any bearing on the final outcome then I apologise to cludi, Quirine and sastorey in advance.

Q
Tovenaar

Dieren

Moves
24 Nov 06

Originally posted by Gatecrasher
With my shocker against against Quirine, and so many draws going around I decided my only hope of success was to go for results. On the principle that one plus one does not equal three, I've been turning down draw offers.

I did not expect Time Travel to resign two perfectly good games against me. I wanted to win games, but not in this manner. Should ...[text shortened]... ve any bearing on the final outcome then I apologise to cludi, Quirine and sastorey in advance.
No need to apologise. You're not responsible for what TimeTravel does!
It's getting interesting now and I expect that the final outcome of this tourney is known within a month..

Otto

s
A.L.S.S.

Moves
24 Nov 06

I've been turning down draw offers ... I did not expect Time Travel to resign two perfectly good games against me ...
I was nuts to accept those draw offers from Time Travel - perhaps if I'd dug in he might have resigned .... who knows??😳

c
Blogger

clausjensen.com

Moves
24 Nov 06

I don't really know what to say in this matter, but I feel I have to say something!
As the clan leader of Time travel's clan I can say that Time Travel is not playing due to personal issues. It's very unfortunate that his inactivity has an influence on some of the games in the championship final, but there's nothing to do about it.
No one should blame themselves anything, although I do understand the frustration of Sastorey.
Still, there has been/is being played some good chess in the final and may the best man win.

c

Moves
06 Dec 06

Cant be long before invitations are sent out for the 2007 tourny!

z

Moves
07 Dec 06

Originally posted by cantspell
Cant be long before invitations are sent out for the 2007 tourny!
It's not an invite tourney. It's a huge knockout with 0 day timeout and 60 day timebank per round.

E

Swansea

Moves
08 Dec 06

Originally posted by zebano
It's not an invite tourney. It's a huge knockout with 0 day timeout and 60 day timebank per round.
When is it announced that it is starting soon? Also do you join it like any other tournament? Thanks

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
08 Dec 06

Originally posted by ExpressiveOutburst
When is it announced that it is starting soon? Also do you join it like any other tournament? Thanks
It is usually listed among the open tournaments for a few weeks before it starts. There is no maximum number of entries, and the group sizes are only determined once the entries are closed. It is open to all. There are three rounds. With the winner of round three becoming the RHP Champion.

There is no timeout, only a timebank of 60 days. This allows 60 x 2 players x 3 rounds = 360 days. So the tournament should last no more than a year.

c

Moves
10 Dec 06

Apologies I meant announcement.

z

Moves
11 Dec 06

It is usually listed among the open tournaments for a few weeks before it starts. There is no maximum number of entries, and the group sizes are only determined once the entries are closed. It is open to all. There are three rounds. With the winner of round three becoming the RHP Champion.

There is no timeout, only a timebank of 60 days. This allows 60 x 2 players x 3 rounds = 360 days. So the tournament should last no more than a year.
Unless of course, there is a tie in round 3. I assume they would start a 4th round then (as per normal RHP practices)??

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
04 Jan 07

Originally posted by zebano
Unless of course, there is a tie in round 3. I assume they would start a 4th round then (as per normal RHP practices)??
Could still be the case this year. Level points. 2 games remain...

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
05 Jan 07

Could still be the case this year. Level points. 2 games remain...
have you seen how much time sastory has available?
saatory has had that much time for ages.

quirine is just playing with his food 😉