1. Canada
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 00:301 edit
    wow thats amazing, he is completely out, so pretty much no matter what, quirine wins unless he decides not to take the timeout and play for the win....
  2. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 08:07
    Originally posted by ItsYouThatIAdore
    wow thats amazing, he is completely out, so pretty much no matter what, quirine wins unless he decides not to take the timeout and play for the win....
    it certainly would be interesting to see an important final:

gatecrasher v quirine

they are level: 3 draws and 4 wins each so far.
  3. Canada
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 08:26
    that would be an amazing finale!! Good luck to the players in their final games of the round!! Exciting finish!
  4. DonationQuirine
    Tovenaar
    Dieren
    Moves
    06 Jan '07 06:531 edit
    Originally posted by flexmore
    it certainly would be interesting to see an important final:

gatecrasher v quirine

they are level: 3 draws and 4 wins each so far.
    Sorry to disappoint you :-) Well actually I'm not sorry, having won the tournament!
    Maybe next year...
    I just claimed the time-out against sastorey since I needed the 3 points to win alone.

Otto
  5. Standard membercludi
    Blogger
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jan '07 08:27
    Originally posted by Quirine
    Sorry to disappoint you :-) Well actually I'm not sorry, having won the tournament!
    Maybe next year...
    I just claimed the time-out against sastorey since I needed the 3 points to win alone.

Otto
    Congratulations, Otto!
    I was happy to reach the final this year and to get thrashed
    by you as usual, and I was impressed by your play and the
    fact that you've now won back to back championships.
    Well done is an understatement, really!
  6. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    06 Jan '07 12:481 edit
    Originally posted by Quirine
    Maybe next year...

Otto
    It is a very deserving win, Otto, especially in light of those soft points I gained from Time Travel. You were unbeaten in the final round.

It is quite an amazing achievement for you to win this tournament twice in a row!

Good luck in this year's battle.
  7. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 05:41
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    It is a very deserving win, Otto, especially in light of those soft points I gained from Time Travel. You were unbeaten in the final round.

It is quite an amazing achievement for you to win this tournament twice in a row!

Good luck in this year's battle.
    You both played some very nice chess in the last round - good show, and congratulations to Quirine.

I actually think I like the 0/60 setup...I think it's my new preference even! Of course, I'll have to wait and see, because I have gotten into some endgames that last for a long time...

Right now I just hope to make it into round 2, hopefully I can pick up at least one win from steve... 🙂
  8. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 12:53
    Congratulations Quirine!! WOW, back to back champion!! You are proving to be the Roger Feddera of RHP!! 😲😲

One question though, why hasn't the tournament displayed your victory? Normally it would say 'Quirine Wins!' but it doesn't? 😕
  9. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 16:20
    Amazing job. Kudos to Quirene. I now have a interesting set of games to study =)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree