In Vino Veritas Recruiting for 2024

In Vino Veritas Recruiting for 2024

Clans

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
170d

@very-rusty said
So what you're saying to be sure we are on the same page, is you don't have a problem with your Clan Leader suggesting that other clans don't play Certain clans? This is going down a bad path in my humble opinion.

-VR
Not really.As stated I joined the clan for purely selfish reasons which was to possibly play non tournament players in a long time frame environment.
I agree this is not in keeping with the purpose of clans and on reflection,I maybe should have searched for such games myself.
However, the deed is done so I will just see how things pan out.
I have no loyalty to IVV from a "clan" point of view and don't care about the net points list which seems to dominate most conversations in the clan forum.I'll just play any games I get to the best of my ability.If Alex reads this and doesn't send me any games as a result that's fair enough.

l

Victor, New York

Moves
170d

@VESPIN Not what Anglian said. He was clearly only referring to the players he was recruiting for his clan.

l

Victor, New York

Moves
170d

@Very-Rusty That is not what Anglian said. Please go back and read the post. He was clearly only referring to players he was recruiting for his clan. Never mentions other clans.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
170d
2 edits

@lstcyr said
@Very-Rusty That is not what Anglian said. Please go back and read the post. He was clearly only referring to players he was recruiting for his clan. Never mentions other clans.
You can twist it anyway you want. He is saying play for me and you don't have to play Metallica or Breaking Bad. If that isn't saying don't play Breaking Bad or Metallica what is? Why mention not having to play Breaking Bad or Metallica if that wasn't his intention? Also, while I am at it why suggest to some Clan Leaders not to play Breaking Bad or Metallica? I been here for 17 years, did he think it wouldn't get back to me?

Did you miss reading this: Play as many games as you want, and you will get good challenges set up against players of a rating similar to your own (ie, based on TER & one-Year). This will mean you won't need to play any games against either Metallica or Breaking Bad.

He will soon learn you can't go by the TER or 1 Year.

-VR

l

Victor, New York

Moves
169d

@Very-Rusty Sorry to get you stirred up. If you can't understand what's being said or don't want to, I get it. Calm down.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
169d
1 edit

@lstcyr said
@Very-Rusty Sorry to get you stirred up. If you can't understand what's being said or don't want to, I get it. Calm down.
A lame reply coming from you. Pretty simple he doesn't want to play Metallica and Breaking Bad and wants others to go along with him. He has asked other clan leaders you are the one who doesn't UNDERSTAND!!!

It appears to me you agree with him!

-VR

l

Victor, New York

Moves
169d

@Very-Rusty Rest quietly and you will calm down I’m sure.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
169d

@lstcyr said
@Very-Rusty Rest quietly and you will calm down I’m sure.
You don't like the TRUTH do you?

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
169d
1 edit

@venda said
I didn't look into the history of IVV before I joined the other day.
I just noticed that they play quite a few 7:7 and longer challenges which I like playing so I responded to the request for new members.
The Laikers preferred time scale is 3:7 so,as have requested NOT to be involved in 3:7 or shorter, I don't get many games!The ones that Rook has given me I am trying to pla ...[text shortened]... hat's his prerogative,but I joined his clan for the above reason.
Oh. and I do drink a lot of wine!
Turnover (which 3:7 helps) is critical to play more games, as a clan policy.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
169d

@venda said
To close on this subject,you may say "if you want to play long time frame games just join tournaments."
I do play in tournaments,but one tends to get the same players over and over.There's lots of players who play in clans who don't play tournaments so I saw IVV's request for members as a way to play these individuals.The politics of the net points list doesn't interest me.
But still, you should expect to play 3:7 playing clan games.

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
169d

@very-rusty said
So what you're saying to be sure we are on the same page, is you don't have a problem with your Clan Leader suggesting that other clans don't play Certain clans? This is going down a bad path in my humble opinion.

-VR
As usual lstcyr has gotten wrong. Here is the direct line word for word. The entire post was wrong and should be taken down. He should be looked into.

" This will mean you won't need to play any games against either Metallica or Breaking Bad ;-) "

Very Bad Path!!!!

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
169d

greatest site

or just a tribute

Moves
169d

i don't see where he states clans should not play Metallica and Breaking Bad, i only see him stating that his clan members will not be put into challenges with those clans, or has he edited the post and i have missed something????

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
169d
1 edit

@wycombe-al said
i don't see where he states clans should not play Metallica and Breaking Bad, i only see him stating that his clan members will not be put into challenges with those clans, or has he edited the post and i have missed something????
So you think this is a good thing for the Clan Challenges Al??? Don't play Breaking Bad or Metallica? I don't imagine you were one of the Clan Leaders asked not to play us he knows you wouldn't do that.

-VR

greatest site

or just a tribute

Moves
169d

@Very-Rusty
so i have missed something, have they been contacting clans and saying that? i certainly have not heard anything from them, and yes if they have been saying to not play the top 2 clans then that is out orf order