In Vino Veritas Recruiting for 2024

In Vino Veritas Recruiting for 2024

Clans

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
135d
1 edit

IVV net points after 3 weeks is only 30 points behind what they achieved in 2023, shows how the system does not work, but as Venda states maybe we ned to get away from focusing on net points as it obviously does not work anymore as a scoring system and has not for quite a few years

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
135d

@wycombe-al said
IVV net points after 3 weeks is only 30 points behind what they achieved in 2023, shows how the system does not work, but as Venda states maybe we ned to get away from focusing on net points as it obviously does not work anymore as a scoring system and has not for quite a few years
Al,
This is because certain clans are handing them points on a silver platter. Just that simple! The Clan Leaders are as much to blame for giving them easy matches just have a look at their wins and how loop sided the challenges are, disgusting.

-VR

l

Victor, New York

Moves
135d

@wycombe-al said
I'm assuming that they arranged to hold up their winning matches so that they finished after the first of the year. Unfortunately, we haven't yet seen a proposal that would eliminate that loophole.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
135d

@wycombe-al said
Well said Al.
I read a little earlier someone called the net points list a championship.
Among other things,that is one thing it definitely isn't.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
135d
1 edit

Perhaps something is happening at last regarding the tactical resignations.
I checked, as I do sometimes, on the Laikers current challenges etc and saw a voided couple of games along with a note "games were concluded in less than 8 moves so do not count in the challenge"
Check it out.Progress?
Clan challenge 326893

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
135d
2 edits

@venda said
Perhaps something is happening at last regarding the tactical resignations.
I checked, as I do sometimes, on the Laikers current challenges etc and saw a voided couple of games along with a note "games were concluded in less than 8 moves so do not count in the challenge"
Check it out.Progress?
Clan challenge 326893
@venda,
I believe it is 4 points or under that isn't counted, I may stand corrected on that one but I believe that is the line. I call it the McTayto Rule!!! 🙂 It is obvious to me IVV are being given points. Just look over a lot of the loop sided Clan Challenges tells the whole story my old friend.

-VR

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
135d

@very-rusty said
@venda,
I believe it is 4 points or under that isn't counted, I may stand corrected on that one but I believe that is the line. I call it the McTayto Rule!!! 🙂 It is obvious to me IVV are being given points. Just look over a lot of the loop sided Clan Challenges tells the whole story my old friend.

-VR
Ok Bill.
It's just something I've never come across before.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
134d

@venda said
Ok Bill.
Yes, some use it as a tactic to get a few extra points, shameful act in my humble opinion.

-VR

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
133d

@very-rusty said
@venda,

-VR
It's actually 5 moves or less it does not count. And teams or leaders use that to their advantage to win a challenge. They set up a bigger challenge knowing it will be closer. So they decide on which match their player will lose both games. They are told don't move past 5 moves. They usually say 4 moves but it's the same thing. So what happens is this. Your team should get those two points and win the match. But you don't Those two games where your opponent only moved 4 moves don't count. So you don't get those wins. So now you lose by two points or by one point. Either way you were counting on those two points and wins. But they are taken away.

The system rewards the team that moves only 5 moves or less. If a team does this, Then the other team should get and keep those points and the wins that go with it.

Not counting it is a horrible way to play it.

IVV is getting points handed over fist, all 10 ti 20 at a shot. Teams that won't play us, and the ones that do, only play us with 3 players and they argue with me to get that. I have one leader who should not be a leader. He plays bigger matches with others and only one player with me. I'm done with him. He should not be allowed to be a leader. Same with others.

IVV gets huge matches, if I try to get a big match with that same team, the leader becomes a statistics expert and argues with me. It's insane. They are just being handed points. Anglian is actually rated over 2000 because he told me. He was on our team for a very short time. He needed to go, something was wrong with him and finally we put it together. He is rated 1700's but should be rated 2000 plus and should be playing players rated that high. Instead it's a given he wins two matches every time he plays. Nobody at his rating can beat him.

And his players are rated so low when they should be rated 200 points higher it makes it impossible to challenge them fairly. It's disgusting. Great Post Rusty

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
133d

@venda said
Ok Bill.
Play enough matches and you will see it quite often. My team has lost over 25 matches because of it.

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
133d

@very-rusty said
Al,
This is because certain clans are handing them points on a silver platter. Just that simple! The Clan Leaders are as much to blame for giving them easy matches just have a look at their wins and how loop sided the challenges are, disgusting.

-VR
And the clans they play, many won't play us and if they do, they will only do a two or three player match. Meanwhile they are doing 5 to 10 player matches with the other clans. Not fair at all when they play favorites. We should get the same size challenge.

Every tme we get close they get 30 points.

And we have to play a lot of small matches to get points. IVV plays one to our three.

DISGUSTING IS RIGHT.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
133d

@vespin said
And the clans they play, many won't play us and if they do, they will only do a two or three player match. Meanwhile they are doing 5 to 10 player matches with the other clans. Not fair at all when they play favorites. We should get the same size challenge.

Every tme we get close they get 30 points.

And we have to play a lot of small matches to get points. IVV plays one to our three.

DISGUSTING IS RIGHT.
And all this is to do with the net points list.
Scrap the bloody thing,or at least suspend it until something is changed.

l

Victor, New York

Moves
132d

@wycombe-al said
@Very-Rusty
so i have missed something, have they been contacting clans and saying that? i certainly have not heard anything from them, and yes if they have been saying to not play the top 2 clans then that is out orf order
I haven’t heard from them either. I think it’s a made up rumor based upon a misreading of a posting.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
131d
1 edit

@lstcyr said
I haven’t heard from them either. I think it’s a made up rumor based upon a misreading of a posting.
Would you say in the public clan forum if you were asked, that is the real question? 🙂

I suggest you look at your own Challenges against IVV before answering. 🙂

-VR

l

Victor, New York

Moves
130d

@very-rusty said
Would you say in the public clan forum if you were asked, that is the real question? 🙂

I suggest you look at your own Challenges against IVV before answering. 🙂

-VR
Why wouldn’t I say? Are you suggesting that there are things you wouldn’t say in a public forum?
As for IVV, our matches against them are set up the same way they are for any other clan.