1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 May '22 19:35
    @capacrapa said
    That doesn't surprise me at all.

ABC used a filter on the school shooter to remove his dark skin and made him look like a white guy.
    No they didn't; that exact same picture, supplied by the Texas Department of Public Safety, has been published on numerous other news sites and looks the same.
  2. Joined
    10 May '22
    Moves
    25 May '22 19:46
    @no1marauder said
    No they didn't; that exact same picture, supplied by the Texas Department of Public Safety, has been published on numerous other news sites and looks the same.
    Other numerous leftist news sites?
    Obviously 🙄

You can't tell me you haven't seen both pics of him side by side yet.

I'll go get a link.
  3. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 May '22 20:071 edit
    @capacrapa said
    Other numerous leftist news sites?
    Obviously 🙄

You can't tell me you haven't seen both pics of him side by side yet.

I'll go get a link.
    For someone who doesn't like news, you sure watch A LOT of news.

Maybe turn it off for 5 minutes and reflect on your positions here. Our society has rules on everything, where to cross the street and where and how to vote and what drugs you can and can't buy and all loads of other things in the name of safety, and conservatives seem to be ok with all of it. Except this. Texas allows concealed carry for anyone off the street without training or background check.

It's going to be ok.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 May '22 20:071 edit
    @vivify said
    https://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~rwest/wikispeedia/wpcd/wp/d/Demographics_of_Peru.htm

53% of Peruvians are either mixed with white or are just European.
    If memory serves, his mother was a Mestizo.

Anyone who seriously doesn't believe that Zimmerman stalked Martin because he was a young, black man i.e. racially profiled him is ignorant of the facts of the case.

I'm not sure why we are even discussing Trayvon Martin's killing here; it has little in common with the subject of this thread.
  5. Joined
    10 May '22
    Moves
    25 May '22 20:11
    @wildgrass said
    For someone who doesn't like news, you sure watch A LOT of news.

Maybe turn it off for 5 minutes and reflect on your positions here. It's going to be ok.
    I do spend way too much time reading news from all over the world.
    All sites too...not just the ones I like.
    Definitely a bad habit.
  6. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 May '22 20:13
    @capacrapa said
    I do spend way too much time reading news from all over the world.
    All sites too...not just the ones I like.
    Definitely a bad habit.
    All designed for the dopamine hit and the outrage factory. The Onion has a great headline that reads "We don't get paid unless you click on this link".
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 May '22 20:14
    @wildgrass
    Yeah, what could POSSIBLY go wrong?
  8. Joined
    10 May '22
    Moves
    25 May '22 20:34
    @wildgrass said
    All designed for the dopamine hit and the outrage factory. The Onion has a great headline that reads "We don't get paid unless you click on this link".
    😄
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 May '22 21:351 edit
    FYI:

"A school resource officer is a sworn law-enforcement officer placed at a school district on a full or part time basis, according to Education Week. To employ the officer, the district has a contract with a local law enforcement agency to provide law enforcement services. Their responsibilities are similar to regular police officers in that they have the ability to make arrests, respond to calls for service and document incidents that occur within their jurisdiction. Almost all are armed, and most carry restraints like handcuffs."

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article261779287.html

I also found this at one site but have been unable to confirm it:

"Robb Elementary in Uvalde, Texas had a school resource officer who shot at, but was unable to stop the suspect, because he was wearing protective body armor."

https://www.wave3.com/2022/05/25/texas-tragedy-has-kentucky-lawmakers-doubling-down-new-sro-law/

Of course, the supermarket in Buffalo also had an armed security guard who was killed by the shooter.

EDIT: "A police officer who works at the school and then two officers from the Uvalde police department all fired at Ramos - but they could not stop him and instead called for back-up, Eric Estrada from the Texas department of public safety told CNN."
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61577777
  10. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 May '22 21:51
    @no1marauder said
    FYI:

"A school resource officer is a sworn law-enforcement officer placed at a school district on a full or part time basis, according to Education Week. To employ the officer, the district has a contract with a local law enforcement agency to provide law enforcement services. Their responsibilities are similar to regular police officers in that they have the ability t ...[text shortened]... the Texas department of public safety told CNN."
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61577777
    Yea there's definitely a myth that schools are "soft targets" for gunmen. All doors are locked all day, cameras everywhere, teachers are trained, kids practice active shooter drills, armed officers are often on school grounds.

Very little of it has helped, and I don't know what an escalation of security will look like in schools. I guess they'll be more like airports, with the take your shoes off and shuffle through the MRI machine and keep your head down and don't say anything provocative ever.

Sounds like a fun day in kindergarten.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 May '22 00:16
    @wildgrass said
    Yea there's definitely a myth that schools are "soft targets" for gunmen. All doors are locked all day, cameras everywhere, teachers are trained, kids practice active shooter drills, armed officers are often on school grounds.

Very little of it has helped, and I don't know what an escalation of security will look like in schools. I guess they'll be more like airports, wi ...[text shortened]... ep your head down and don't say anything provocative ever.

Sounds like a fun day in kindergarten.
    The corporate news media is putting too much time into reporting mass shootings. That increases mass shootings and they know it.

I watched the Today Show this morning and that is all they talked about for the first half hour. I got so sick of it I changed the channel. I don't even want to watch the news anymore because that is all they will talk about. Nice distraction from Ukraine losing the war, but all of this coverage is going to inspire more of these senseless mass shootings. They are even focusing on the most irrational mass shootings of random victims. The result is more irrational mass shootings.

The message is that you will be on the news and be famous if you kill enough people. Now any disturbed kid with suicidal tendencies will murder people before they kill themselves. Don't think the corporate news media does not know this. They are doing it to make the case for censorship because hate crime is horrible, but the corporate news media should be censored. They are intentionally propagating the problem with their over the top coverage and they know it better than anybody.

The corporate news media should be censored for promoting hate crimes. Now psychopaths know how they can be instantly famous.
  12. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 May '22 01:41
    @metal-brain said
    The corporate news media is putting too much time into reporting mass shootings. That increases mass shootings and they know it.

I watched the Today Show this morning and that is all they talked about for the first half hour. I got so sick of it I changed the channel. I don't even want to watch the news anymore because that is all they will talk about. Nice distractio ...[text shortened]... should be censored for promoting hate crimes. Now psychopaths know how they can be instantly famous.
    Every single US politician spoke or released a statement on it. Not because the media told them too. This is a real concern for parents grandparents voters. Don't blame the media for everything you think they shouldn't report on.
  13. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    26 May '22 01:471 edit
    @capacrapa said
    No cops at schools was a Democrat platform I seem to remember? 🤔
    There was an armed Security Guard at TOPS MARKET,
    a retired cop. He was able to return fire, but was killed
    Preliminary reports, I have heard, is that a police
    officer was on duty at the school in TEXAS.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 May '22 01:58
    @wildgrass said
    Every single US politician spoke or released a statement on it. Not because the media told them too. This is a real concern for parents grandparents voters. Don't blame the media for everything you think they shouldn't report on.
    I never said they shouldn't report it....moron!
    I said they are over reporting it and they are.

Remember that weekend when there were 4 mass shootings and they only reported the white supremacist? Why didn't they report the other 3 as much? I'll tell you why. They covertly were encouraging copy cats of that sort of racist hate crime. This time they didn't get a white supremacist with an online manifesto, but they are not giving up.

They are going to over report this mass shooting until they hit the jackpot and get another white supremacist with an online manifesto. It is only a matter of time. With this much news attention copy cats will result just as they have in the past. Didn't you know there is a pattern that is known with copy cat mass shootings?

Did all US politicians speak or released statements on all of the mass shootings? If not, is it because the corporate news media largely ignore those other 3 I mentioned before? Why did the corporate news media largely ignore those other 3 that are a real concern for parents grandparents voters?
  15. Joined
    23 Feb '22
    Moves
    26 May '22 02:141 edit
    @no1marauder said
    Anyone who seriously doesn't believe that Zimmerman stalked Martin because he was a young, black man i.e. racially profiled him is ignorant of the facts of the case.
    So what if he did?
    The neighborhood had a rash of break-ins and burglaries, even a home invasion, by young black males, so it would make sense to be on the look out for strangers that didn't live there.
    There's nothing wrong with profiling for age/race/sex if the person matches the description of the perps..
    Why do you people continually harp on him "profiling" the kid as if that was an illegal act and made it wrong for him to defend himself?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree