18 children dead in Texas shooting

18 children dead in Texas shooting

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Garner, NC

Moves
25 May 22

@suzianne said
You don't get it.

Crossing a state line with intent to commit a felony is a Federal offense.
So vivify is saying that we know his motives are bad because he crossed state lines. You are saying that since his motives were already known to be bad, the fact that he crossed state lines is a crime in and of itself (although it is odd he was not prosecuted for crossing state lines).

Seems like between the two of you you've constructed a nice circular reasoned argument.

You guys discuss among yourself which of the two you want to assert and let me know when you agree.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 May 22

@sonhouse said
@jimm619
Texas is paying the price for their idiot ways with weapons, that 18 year old murderer got his 2 assault rifles on his 18th birthday and now we see yet another Sandy Hook.
But that won't sway the idiots on the repub side of the senate, they just dig in deeper to keep their hold on power, like Michael Moore said, they love their guns more than they love their child ...[text shortened]... republican voters will put two and two together and get those basstards out on their pathetic asses.
What's disgusting is that 277 miles down the road in Houston, Republicans will be lining up at the NRA "Annual Meeting" to pick up their kickbacks, paid for with the blood of schoolchildren. Local schoolchildren. The only way I could be more pissed at this was if I lived in Texas.

rain

Moves
25 May 22

@techsouth said
I knew some had more European ancestry and others had more from the indigenous people. I never heard the term "white Hispanic" until the Zimmerman case, and best I can tell the functional definition of a "white Hispanic" is someone whom the left wants to categorize as "white" to better fit their narratives.

Do you know something I don't about Zimmerman's ancestry?
See Thousand Young, this is what I'm talking about.

An example of a white Hispanic could be someone from Spain (Europe). A non-white Hispanic could be someone from Columbia.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 May 22

@techsouth said
So vivify is saying that we know his motives are bad because he crossed state lines. You are saying that since his motives were already known to be bad, the fact that he crossed state lines is a crime in and of itself (although it is odd he was not prosecuted for crossing state lines).

Seems like between the two of you you've constructed a nice circular ...[text shortened]...
You guys discuss among yourself which of the two you want to assert and let me know when you agree.
Apparently you don't get it because you listen to the lying right-wing media and all your elected representatives who are picking up their kickbacks in Houston mere days after local schoolchildren are killed. This was enabled and endorsed by the same representatives whose laws made it possible, nay, probable.

rain

Moves
25 May 22

@techsouth said
So vivify is saying that we know his motives are bad because he crossed state lines.
Nope. It simply shows he went out of his way to confront protestors with a deadly weapon.

t

Garner, NC

Moves
25 May 22

@suzianne said
Apparently you don't get it because you listen to the lying right-wing media and all your elected representatives who are picking up their kickbacks in Houston mere days after local schoolchildren are killed. This was enabled and endorsed by the same representatives whose laws made it possible, nay, probable.
Well, regardless of how I've been tricked into believing this, a logical argument carries a lot more weight with me than the words of a politician.

Explain to me again how you were able to read Kyle's mind.

t

Garner, NC

Moves
25 May 22

@vivify said
Nope. It simply shows he went out of his way to confront protestors with a deadly weapon.
To my knowledge, virtually no protestor nor counter-protestor were in the immediate vicinity of their homes on the night of the shootings. Literally everyone went out of their way to be there that night.

You are asserting that for Kyle's sake, and only for his sake, the fact that there was a state line crossing involved gives extra insight into his mental state above what we can ascertain about all the other protestors and counter-protestors. And you assert that this is an important distinction even though the next state is less than 5 miles away.

Had Kyle come from northern Wisconsin, maybe 200 miles away, that wouldn't be as bad as having come from a place in Illinois only 10 miles away. Since he crossed a state line on his 10 mile journey, he has forfeited his right to self defense. Had he traveled the 200 miles from northern Wisconsin, he'd have been okay to use self defense.

I have to admit, I don't get it, but I have witnessed the media repeating this assertion over and over, and they wouldn't lie nor distort anything. When the news repeats a buzz-phrase enough times, we, as citizens, have no duty to think about what they're asserting, but rather we are supposed to accept their wisdom and all its implications without question.

t

Garner, NC

Moves
25 May 22

@vivify said
See Thousand Young, this is what I'm talking about.

An example of a white Hispanic could be someone from Spain (Europe). A non-white Hispanic could be someone from Columbia.
A quick Wikipedia search reveals that Zimmerman's mother is from Peru.

Über-Nerd

Moves
25 May 22
1 edit

@vivify said
https://nypost.com/2022/05/24/what-we-know-so-far-about-salvador-ramos-the-suspected-texas-school-shooter/

The shooter, age 18, sent a message on Instagram to a stranger saying that she would be sharing his pics later. He had sent a few messages alluding to his killing.

This kid was apparently chasing fame, just like the 18 year old in Buffalo who streamed his murders l ...[text shortened]... e forgotten will stop the copycats and and attention seekers who want the world to know their anger.
Yes, there is something profoundly askew about a society which raises kids whose only goal in life is to die in a heinous act which captures headlines for at most three days and is promptly swept into the dust bin of countless other heinous acts. Apparently, some of these kids simply want to 'top' the 'scores' of other shooters, while the defenders of virtual shooter video games still don't see any connection to real-world violence.

Moves
25 May 22

@suzianne said
Are you kidding? Half the population voted for Trump. Twice.

That's some serious mental health problem, right there.

Now you're getting the depth of America's problem.
The other half thinks men can get pregnant πŸ™„

And you say we have the mental disorders? 🀷

Yall want to free a murderer on death row because yall think death row is wrong but yall have no problem killing a baby 🀷

Someone has mental disorders and they are the Democrats.

Moves
25 May 22

@suzianne said
Go ahead, kick me when I'm down.
πŸƒ‍♂️

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
25 May 22

@vivify
There was a school shooting plot foiled in Uvalde back in 2018. I wonder if one of these kids was Ramos.

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/local/two-teens-arrested-after-planning-mass-casualty-event-for-uvalde-school/273-548565605

t

Garner, NC

Moves
25 May 22

@capacrapa said
ABC News altered his picture to appear more white! Lmao

He's clearly South American but ABC News used a filter to make his face white!

Lmao 🀣
If you're talking about Zimmerman, NBC also edited the 911 call to make Zimmerman appear racist.

They eventually fired a producer and publicly apologized: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-florida-shooting-nbc/nbc-fires-producer-over-edited-trayvon-martin-call-idUSBRE83609U20120407

rain

Moves
25 May 22
3 edits

@techsouth said
A quick Wikipedia search reveals that Zimmerman's mother is from Peru.
https://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~rwest/wikispeedia/wpcd/wp/d/Demographics_of_Peru.htm

53% of Peruvians are either mixed with white or are just European.

Moves
25 May 22

@techsouth said
If you're talking about Zimmerman, NBC also edited the 911 call to make Zimmerman appear racist.

They eventually fired a producer and publicly apologized: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-florida-shooting-nbc/nbc-fires-producer-over-edited-trayvon-martin-call-idUSBRE83609U20120407
That doesn't surprise me at all.

ABC used a filter on the school shooter to remove his dark skin and made him look like a white guy.