Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 25 Jan '17 00:48 / 2 edits
    http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014/10/genes-dont-just-influence-your-iq-they-determine-how-well-you-do-school


    According to this study 62 percent of student success in high stakes testing is based on genetics. Drive to succeed and enjoyment of school is greatly influenced by genetics according to the study. Of course the study says genetics plays a strong part in IQ as well. It's science, but many people around here won't hear of that.
  2. 25 Jan '17 01:15
    https://www.sciencenewsforstudents.org/article/iq-genes


    Another interesting study in the US.
  3. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    25 Jan '17 03:34
    Originally posted by Eladar
    http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014/10/genes-dont-just-influence-your-iq-they-determine-how-well-you-do-school


    According to this study 62 percent of student success in high stakes testing is based on genetics. Drive to succeed and enjoyment of school is greatly influenced by genetics according to the study. Of course the study says genetics plays a strong part in IQ as well. It's science, but many people around here won't hear of that.
    And so, what are we supposed to do with these "little gems" of information??
  4. 25 Jan '17 10:54
    Originally posted by mchill
    And so, what are we supposed to do with these "little gems" of information??
    you sit on them snuggly until he follows up with the inevitable "blacks don't have quality genetics"

    he tried this before and we all yelled at him for being a disgusting racist. now he is taking the scenic route.
  5. 25 Jan '17 11:25
    Originally posted by mchill
    And so, what are we supposed to do with these "little gems" of information??
    Judge educational outcome on genetics instead of skin color.
  6. 25 Jan '17 12:07
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Judge educational outcome on genetics instead of skin color.
    If that isn't possible then the very least IQ.
  7. 25 Jan '17 12:21
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you sit on them snuggly until he follows up with the inevitable "blacks don't have quality genetics"

    he tried this before and we all yelled at him for being a disgusting racist. now he is taking the scenic route.
    I presented science then too. These are just newer studies and newer info saying the same thing.

    Do you deny the science I have shared in this thread?
  8. 25 Jan '17 12:31
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I presented science then too. These are just newer studies and newer info saying the same thing.

    Do you deny the science I have shared in this thread?
    i don't bother with anything you have to say.

    if all the libraries in the world would burn down, if the internet disappeared over night, i still wouldn't care what you have to say. to me, you are a joke, and i will wager there is nothing you can ever say to make me change my opinion of you.
  9. Standard member vivify
    rain
    25 Jan '17 12:39
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Do you deny the science I have shared in this thread?
    Aren't you the same guy who denies the science behind climate change and evolution?
  10. Subscriber Proper Knob
    Cornovii
    25 Jan '17 13:02
    Originally posted by vivify
    Aren't you the same guy who denies the science behind climate change and evolution?
    He's a YEC, he denies pretty much all science.
  11. 25 Jan '17 13:05
    You guys are hilarious. Hypocrites, but hilarious.

    We have real repeatable science, but it doesn't fit your ideology so you ignore it.

    Typical
  12. Standard member vivify
    rain
    25 Jan '17 13:11 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    You guys are hilarious. Hypocrites, but hilarious.

    We have real repeatable science, but it doesn't fit your ideology so you ignore it.

    Typical
    Did a fundamentalist Christian conservative really just say that?
  13. 25 Jan '17 13:14
    Originally posted by vivify
    Did a fundamentalist Christian conservative really just say that?
    Of course I did. Do you deny the science?
  14. Standard member vivify
    rain
    25 Jan '17 13:17
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    He's a YEC, he denies pretty much all science.
    Unless he can use it to be a typical Trump supporter.
  15. Subscriber Proper Knob
    Cornovii
    25 Jan '17 13:29
    Originally posted by Eladar
    You guys are hilarious. Hypocrites, but hilarious.

    We have real repeatable science, but it doesn't fit your ideology so you ignore it.

    Typical
    I'm not ignoring or disputing anything in the article you cited. I have no reason to doubt it. I'm merely laughing at a YEC resorting to 'science'.