Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    22076
    13 Apr '18 21:44
    Who will have the courage? Who will be the one to finally stand up and ask Trump: "Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?"

    YouTube
  2. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    22076
    13 Apr '18 21:51
    - Lindsey Graham?
    - Mitch McConnell?
    - George H.W. Bush?
    - George W. Bush?
    - Paul Ryan?

    Surely, these men are not cowards...are they?
    Enough is enough!
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35839
    13 Apr '18 23:38
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    - Lindsey Graham?
    - Mitch McConnell?
    - George H.W. Bush?
    - George W. Bush?
    - Paul Ryan?

    Surely, these men are not cowards...are they?
    Enough is enough!
    But they're all as morally bankrupt as Trump.
  4. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    14 Apr '18 02:551 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    Who will have the courage? Who will be the one to finally stand up and ask Trump: "Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?"

    [youtube]http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/welch-mccarthy.html[/youtube]
    "Who will have the courage?"

    When someone calculates it will be to one's political advantage.
    Call that 'courage'?

    Would the Republican Party nominate a Hitler for President if its polls predicted victory?
    Is not defeating the opposition party the only thing that matters?
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    14 Apr '18 03:27
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    "Who will have the courage?"

    When someone calculates it will be to one's political advantage.
    Call that 'courage'?

    Would the Republican Party nominate a Hitler for President if its polls predicted victory?
    Is not defeating the opposition party the only thing that matters?
    Be careful, madam. You're letting the venom drip down your chin.
  6. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    14 Apr '18 04:122 edits
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Be careful, madam. You're letting the venom drip down your chin.
    Can HandyAndy cite any reason why the Republican Party would refuse
    to nominate any candidate whom all its polls predicted would win?

    _Hitler's American Model_ by James Whitman (2017) discusses how
    the Nazis were inspired by American racist laws to establish their
    own racist laws, though not necessarily with the same targets.
    That's another book for racist Americans to pretend does not exist.
  7. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    14 Apr '18 05:16
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Can HandyAndy cite any reason why the Republican Party would refuse
    to nominate any candidate whom all its polls predicted would win?

    _Hitler's American Model_ by James Whitman (2017) discusses how
    the Nazis were inspired by American racist laws to establish their
    own racist laws, though not necessarily with the same targets.
    That's another book for racist Americans to pretend does not exist.
    How many Republican ,politicians urged Americans to vote for
    Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump?

    Was not defeating the Democratic Party the only thing that mattered?
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    14 Apr '18 19:02
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    How many Republican ,politicians urged Americans to vote for
    Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump?

    Was not defeating the Democratic Party the only thing that mattered?
    I suppose some voters were motivated by a desire to squelch the "opposition," but
    I believe more were interested in electing the candidate who could do the best job.

    In the case of Clinton vs. Trump, it might have been a matter of choosing the lesser
    of two evils rather than a battle of opposing sides.
  9. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    23110
    14 Apr '18 19:42
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    - Lindsey Graham?
    - Mitch McConnell?
    - George H.W. Bush?
    - George W. Bush?
    - Paul Ryan?

    Surely, these men are not cowards...are they?
    Enough is enough!
    Yes, they are cowards. I'd say they are traitors to what is left of the U.S. democracy, which isn't much. Clinton bought her place on the ticket. Sanders should have been the Democratic candidate for POTUS. I'm guessing he too would have lost. However, my point is that Sanders is not a Democrat. He's an independent socialist. Trump is a RINO, a Republican In Name Only. It says volumes about how citizens truly feel about the current political system in the U.S. that these two obtained so much support and that Trump actually won. The U.S. is an oligarchy. the uber rich rule the roost. Between the real threat of a thermonuclear war and the devastation that climate change will bring, we are doomed. Most, if not all GOP politicians have been bought and I'm guessing the same is true for many of the Dems as well.
  10. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    22076
    14 Apr '18 22:29
    Originally posted by @phranny
    Yes, they are cowards. I'd say they are traitors to what is left of the U.S. democracy, which isn't much. Clinton bought her place on the ticket. Sanders should have been the Democratic candidate for POTUS. I'm guessing he too would have lost. However, my point is that Sanders is not a Democrat. He's an independent socialist. Trump is a RINO, a Republican I ...[text shortened]... GOP politicians have been bought and I'm guessing the same is true for many of the Dems as well.
    Not a very encouraging prospect...is it?
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    14 Apr '18 22:29
    Originally posted by @phranny
    Yes, they are cowards. I'd say they are traitors to what is left of the U.S. democracy, which isn't much. Clinton bought her place on the ticket. Sanders should have been the Democratic candidate for POTUS. I'm guessing he too would have lost. However, my point is that Sanders is not a Democrat. He's an independent socialist. Trump is a RINO, a Republican I ...[text shortened]... GOP politicians have been bought and I'm guessing the same is true for many of the Dems as well.
    Don't despair. Bernie didn't make it, but he has influenced a lot of young people. He leaves an important legacy.
  12. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    23110
    14 Apr '18 23:24
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Don't despair. Bernie didn't make it, but he has influenced a lot of young people. He leaves an important legacy.
    It's hard to tell. Given how the pollsters got the election predictions all wrong, I do not trust their data. There is that vast silent majority that is so often missed by the wonks. I live in a very wealthy, very well educated and very conservative area of Wisconsin. Very few high school students walked on March 10. Those that did, tend to be bullied. I joined students at a local high school. We often follow the footsteps of our parents in both religion and politics.
  13. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1398
    15 Apr '18 03:37
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    - Lindsey Graham?
    - Mitch McConnell?
    - George H.W. Bush?
    - George W. Bush?
    - Paul Ryan?

    Surely, these men are not cowards...are they?
    Enough is enough!
    These people are veteran and former politicians, they'll think of their own interests first, and last. I wouldn't expect much from them.
  14. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    15 Apr '18 03:51
    Originally posted by @mchill
    These people are veteran and former politicians, they'll think of their own interests first, and last. I wouldn't expect much from them.
    Mchill has rephrased, more or less, what I wrote earlier:
    'When someone calculates it will be to one's political advantage"
    [to condemn President Trump].

    I doubt that HandyAndy will start trolling his fellow white male
    American Mchill as he quickly did to me.
  15. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1398
    15 Apr '18 04:43
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Mchill has rephrased, more or less, what I wrote earlier:
    'When someone calculates it will be to one's political advantage"
    [to condemn President Trump].

    I doubt that HandyAndy will start trolling his fellow white male
    American Mchill as he quickly did to me.
    Duchess, I am truly sorry that you are so filled with hate that you feel the need to lash out with insults at someone who was offering their opinion to another. I hope your emotional scars heal someday.
Back to Top