1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '16 10:331 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Goodbye FMF you have attempted to insult my intelligence and personal dignity at every turn with demeaning loaded questions. It was not fun engaging with you, it was a tedious rehashing of the same modus operandi that you employ here every day.

I find you to be evidently guilty of hypocrisy, you rehash the same tedious arguments again and again ...[text shortened]... apable of is tearing down, i suspect one again because its simply intellectually easier for you.
    I don't really understand why you wouldn't want to know whether or not you are autistic while at the same time being willing to wield the possibility that you are autistic to somehow excuse strange repetitive and abusive posts. It doesn't add up.

You should go to your GP and start a dialogue about whether you are autistic or not. That's my advice to you - speaking as someone who has long experience of dealing with people for whom the condition is a reality and not merely something they throw into chats on message boards.
  2. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Jan '16 12:09
    About the "gambling" Topic I will try a gamble of my own and suggest that if we had a thorough psychopathological diagnosis of the GF Posters the ICD code F91 would Feature prominently.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jan '16 14:10
    I have to concur with the Mufti that chess really is empty and probably a waste of time. But its innocuous. Frowning upon music is far more difficult to understand.
    The music thing would be because it is a distraction away from the strict rules of Islam. There isn't much in the way of Islamic music so any music is deemed to be from the devils of the west.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jan '16 14:133 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The music thing would be because it is a distraction away from the strict rules of Islam. There isn't much in the way of Islamic music so any music is deemed to be from the devils of the west.
    Oh i don't know about that dude, I think Arabs have a rather rich musical culture and the Sufis of Islam are famed for their music. It reeks to me of joylessness. Without Arabic influence there probably would have been no Flamenco, wow, its too sad to contemplate.

https://soundcloud.com/radiotarab/indulgence
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '16 17:55
    I doubt it dude but your welcome to try, you see I could be autistic, I don't know, I learned to communicate relatively late as a child and repetition does not bother me, in fact I like it. You could be condemning me for something I feel is perfectly natural and over which I have little control.
    I would strongly suggest that, if you intend to use the I-might-be-autistic thing to deflect criticism in the future, you should either [1] get yourself diagnosed one way or the other and then tell people so they can make appropriate provision for it in how they engage you, or [2] if you are not interested in whether or not you are autistic then you might do well to bear in mind that no one else has much reason to be interested either and then desist from brandishing it when people tackle you for being inexplicably daft and unpleasant.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jan '16 20:511 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I would strongly suggest that, if you intend to use the I-might-be-autistic thing to deflect criticism in the future, you should either [1] get yourself diagnosed one way or the other and then tell people so they can make appropriate provision for it in how they engage you, or [2] if you are not interested in whether or not you are autistic then you might do wel ...[text shortened]... en desist from brandishing it when people tackle you for being inexplicably daft and unpleasant.
    and I strongly suggest that you walk lightly on the ground instead of policing the forums like some self appointed tin star sheriff😵
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jan '16 13:46
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Well, what can you expect from such a distinguished U.S. ally?
    As long the chess players are Russian spies (* as "Bronstein" from Soviet SMERSH in Ian Flemming's From Russia With Love, USA don't care.
    😛
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jan '16 13:47
    Doesn't soccer leads to enemity between fans and players?
    And karate and boxing?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 20:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you support his freedom to post what he wants and are simply making the accusation of him cheating with his clan management yet again? Have you alerted what you have described as his cheating? What was the moderator's response? I would have thought that, if the moderators are not persuaded by the accusation, people ought to just drop it.
    Again, you show yourself to be so far out of touch with anything that is actually going on on this site. Spare me your "advice" on how to deal with people who are active threats to the well-being of this site.

Let me help you understand: It's not always about you.

And that is why you are unfit to be a mod. You don't care about issues actually affecting the site. All you care about is your own political currency. Isn't that why you've decided to increase your exposure in the General Forum by spamming the forum with crap threads about yourself? Isn't this what you accuse GB of doing?
  10. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 20:22
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Again, you show yourself to be so far out of touch with anything that is actually going on on this site. Spare me your "advice" on how to deal with people who are active threats to the well-being of this site.

Let me help you understand: It's not always about you.

And that is why you are unfit to be a mod. You don't care about issues actually ...[text shortened]... by spamming the forum with crap threads about yourself? Isn't this what you accuse GB of doing?
    Shut the pie hole Suzi.
  11. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    01 Feb '16 15:542 edits
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Doesn't soccer leads to enemity between fans and players?
    And karate and boxing?
    Football yes. But I never heard about any brawl of boxing fans...
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '16 15:58
    Isn't that why you've decided to increase your exposure in the General Forum by spamming the forum with crap threads about yourself?
    If you think I am spamming the General Forum, you should alert the threads in question to the moderators.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '16 16:04
    Spare me your "advice" on how to deal with people who are active threats to the well-being of this site.
    I think that, if you have made accusations of cheating, and the web site administrators or their moderators have decided that there is no merit in the accusations, that you should not continue to make the same accusations.

There was a time when such repetition of rejected allegations of cheating would have got you a forum ban. Either way, it just seems bad form to whine on and on about the "cheating" of a poster you don't like when the web site does not agree with you and does not want to act upon your claims.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 19:241 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think that, if you have made accusations of cheating, and the web site administrators or their moderators have decided that there is no merit in the accusations, that you should not continue to make the same accusations.

There was a time when such repetition of rejected allegations of cheating would have got you a forum ban. Either way, it just seems bad f ...[text shortened]... don't like when the web site does not agree with you and does not want to act upon your claims.
    Again, you're so far out of touch that I do not see how you even think you can comment.

Take a look.

Clan challenge 278877
    and
    Clan challenge 279041

These are far from the only ones, only the most recent.

How would you characterize these clan challenges? According to the rules of the site, they are not cheating, per se. The rules allow clan leaders to take any challenge, even those which are criminally detrimental to their clan. But the spirit of the clan system has been mocked here. And Robbie is not only its architect, but its prime beneficiary. This is not good for this site. Maybe one cannot call it cheating, but it is cheating nonetheless.

I'd say that the admins are clueless about this because of their inaction, but the fact is that they've been notified of this kind of abuse numerous times, and by numerous people. Russ did announce a change to the rules governing challenges, but it's only the tip of the iceberg of what should be done. What should be done is that he should ban Robbie and his partners in crime permanently from the site for threatening to ruin this site. Why he hasn't is anybody's guess, but the prevailing opinion is that it involves money (from lost subscriptions). Russ can ban engine users, who are only one person, but I guess he thinks twice about banning someone who threatens to take others with him. If it were me, my reaction to such blackmail would be to ban them before they can poison the minds of others, but Russ has waited so long now that it might be like closing the barn door after all the horses have fled.

Now that you know what is going on, perhaps you can think twice before opening your mouth to decry and character assassinate people trying to save this site. But probably not.
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 19:35
    Again, you're so far out of touch that I do not see how you even think you can comment.

Take a look.

Clan challenge 278877
    and
    Clan challenge 279041

These are far from the only ones, only the most recent.

How would you characterize these clan challenges? According to the rules of the site, they are not cheating, per se. The rules a ...[text shortened]... our mouth to decry and character assassinate people trying to save this site. But probably not.
    Take it to the clan forum spanky.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree