1. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 12:091 edit
    Originally posted by VESPIN
    I would love the earth and it's people to go on forever. That is a much more pleasing thought.
    Can't really agree with this sentiment one way or the other.

I really couldn't care less if humanity is still around 100000 years from now.

Edit: unless they find a way to bring me back from the dead. Because I think I might be dead 100000 years from now.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 12:17
    So yeah, death and destruction and general doomsday scenarios.

Cool. Cool, cool, cool.
  3. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 12:46
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Yes, if we can't find a way to leave earth than at some point in the distant, distant future we will cease to exist.

You know the sun will be a reliable source of energy for 100s of millions of years at least and possibly a few billion, right? Not really something to worry about, I'd say.
    The way he's prattling on you'd think they were going to flick a switch on the sun in the next few weeks and turn it off. If we are still around by the time the sun runs out of gas it will be the least of our worries. The human race will be long gone to other parts of the galaxy if we are around that long. It's alright Vespin the sun ain't going to explode before you become a grandpappy. You have my word on that.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 12:52
    [b]I don't want it to be true. I guess I must be an exception to your thinking.

You sure? You wouldn't rather see a rock the size of New York plummet to earth and end humanity?

What do you think will halt population growth at 9 billion? Or was it 10 billion? That's quite a difference.

It's not what I think. It's what scientists ...[text shortened]... e 2020s and that world population will peak below 9 billion by 2050 followed by a long decline."[/b]
    You sure? You wouldn't rather see a rock the size of New York plummet to earth and end humanity?

Why would I 😕
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 13:31
    Originally posted by divegeester
    [b]You sure? You wouldn't rather see a rock the size of New York plummet to earth and end humanity?

Why would I 😕[/b]
    See the possible reasons I mentioned in my first post.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 15:50
    See the possible reasons I mentioned in my first post.
    Are you saying you think I want this holocaust to happen because I want to see the world burn?
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 16:56
    Are you saying you think I want this holocaust to happen because I want to see the world burn?
    "... maybe they feel things need to change and the only way to get that change is to have humanity virtually wiped out, maybe they’re bored/unhappy and wish that to be true for everyone else, maybe it strengthens their religious beliefs. I don’t know."

Why do you think there have been so many doomsday/last day scenarios predicted over the years?
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 18:13
    http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/psychology-reveals-the-comforts-of-the-apocalypse/
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 18:42
    "... maybe they feel things need to change and the only way to get that change is to have humanity virtually wiped out, maybe they’re bored/unhappy and wish that to be true for everyone else, maybe it strengthens their religious beliefs. I don’t know."

Why do you think there have been so many doomsday/last day scenarios predicted over the years?
    Is that a yes or a no?
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 18:48
    Is that a yes or a no?
    I'm saying it's one the possible explanations I came up with.

I also like the possible explanation that was mentioned in the article which says that doomsday predictions simplify life.

You certainly wouldn't be the first one to find the idea of a doomsday appealing.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 19:16
    I'm saying it's one the possible explanations I came up with.

I also like the possible explanation that was mentioned in the article which says that doomsday predictions simplify life.

You certainly wouldn't be the first one to find the idea of a doomsday appealing.
    But I don't find it appealing in the slightest and your lame trolling about it is boring. Come on do better.
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 19:30
    But I don't find it appealing in the slightest and your lame trolling about it is boring. Come on do better.
    I'm not trolling. Are you pulling a Grampy Bobby on me?

It is well known that doomsday scenarios are appealing to people, you are babbling about the end of humanity and all that, I'm simply wondering if you are just one of those people who finds the idea of the end of the world appealing.

You even seem to use the idea of a doomsday scenario as an excuse to "live for today".
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 19:48
    I'm not trolling. Are you pulling a Grampy Bobby on me?

It is well known that doomsday scenarios are appealing to people, you are babbling about the end of humanity and all that, I'm simply wondering if you are just one of those people who finds the idea of the end of the world appealing.

You even seem to use the idea of a doomsday scenario as an excuse to "live for today".
    Why do you keep asking me? I keep answering you and you keep asking. Then I answer you and then you ask again. It's a bit odd.
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 19:56
    Why do you keep asking me? I keep answering you and you keep asking. Then I answer you and then you ask again. It's a bit odd.
    I wasn't asking you this time. I am wondering, but I'm not asking.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 20:20
    I wasn't asking you this time. I am wondering, but I'm not asking.
    I wasn't talking about this last time, I already thought you were being a bit odd.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree