1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 01:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    350 years.
    How can you think that your estimate of 350 years is not misanthropic, while claiming that my own estimate of 50 years, is?

Do you think divegeester's estimate of only 100 years is misanthropic too?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 01:20
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    How can you think that your estimate of 350 years is not misanthropic, while claiming that my own estimate of 50 years, is?

I had my tongue in cheek, Suzianne. You need less swishing and less blurting, really.

I think human civilisation will survive and outlast whatever cataclysms befall it, albeit perhaps at a reduced scale or distribution.

Humans are tenacious, resourceful, resilient. The last thing I can be described as in this regard is misanthropic: for instance I am not waiting/hoping for some kind of supernatural being to come and destroy us because I am wallowing in despair about the state of the human condition. 😉
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 01:221 edit
    And some, not so subliminally.
    Sadly, yes. The rational thought process of these men and women has become displaced by their unbridled emotions.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 01:26
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Sadly, yes. The rational thought process of these men and women has become displaced by their unbridled emotions.
    By talking of "rational thought process" being "displaced", are you in any way referring to your own religious beliefs?
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 01:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    By talking of "rational thought process" being "displaced", are you in any way referring to your own religious beliefs?
    My reply to Suzianne references a category of people not specifically fixated on you
    or me or any other member of Red Hot Pawn or their "beliefs". .
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 01:411 edit
    My reply to Suzianne references a category of people not specifically fixated on you
    Do you believe that me not being misanthropic about the prospects of humankind and my belief that it is not all going to end soon is because I lack "rational thought process"?

When you said "some here are subliminally still in denial of reality" were you not referring to your personal "beliefs" about reality?

And when Suzianne answered "And some, not so subliminally" was she not referencing her own personal beliefs.

And when you then replied "Sadly, yes. The rational thought process of these men and women has become displaced by their unbridled emotions" were you not referring to your own personal beliefs and contrasting them to others here?

When you express your personal beliefs about people you seem to be fine with it. But when you are questioned about them, suddenly you are using words like "fixated" and "emotions" or - in similar cases - you're suddenly starting whole threads about "trolls".
  7. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 02:01

mine is

within 10 years we will be back in the stone ages
    preppers and mormans are likely to do best
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 06:33
    Who is it here you are referring to?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 06:36
    But on the previous page you said, and I quote:

Question from Wolfe:
    How many on here do you think you have enlightened?

Your reply:
    Nobody; though some here are subliminally still in denial of reality.

So clearly you are referring to people here or are you now backing away from this statement?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 06:37
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    mine is

within 10 years we will be back in the stone ages
    preppers and mormans are likely to do best
    Why do you believe this to be the case?
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 06:51
    Originally posted by divegeester
    But on the previous page you said, and I quote:

Question from Wolfe:
    How many on here do you think you have enlightened?

Your reply:
    Nobody; though some here are subliminally still in denial of reality.

So clearly you are referring to people here or are you now backing away from this statement?
    Yes in reply to "And some, not so subliminally." ~Suzianne The reply to wolfgang59 also refers to a category of people not to specific individuals.
  12. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 07:021 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why do you believe this to be the case?
    when the power grids go out, were doomed
    no electricity
    no sanitation
    no clean water
    no emergency assistance
    no transportation
    no police protection
    no fire protection
    no access to needed drugs
    rioting

no internet
    no communication
    everything powered by a computer chip will not work
    gangs will rule
    society will break down

it is estimated that within one year, 9 out of 10 people will die
    this is only the tip of the ice berg

edit: I really don't believe any of this
    just trying to scare myself
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 07:06
    Yes in reply to "And some, not so subliminally." ~Suzianne The reply to wolfgang59 also refers to a category of people not to specific individuals.
    When you said "here", you didnt mean here, at rhp, you meant somewhere else?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 07:18
    You are now either stumbling - genuinely confused - over what it was you were trying to say - and about whom - (or perhaps trying to distance yourself from the conceited little cyber-punch you were obviously attempting to land on a few chins) or you're now being a wee bit dishonest and you're just going to brazen it out. Either way, you've got brass balls. 😉
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 07:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    And when Suzianne answered "And some, not so subliminally" was she not referencing her own personal beliefs.
    No, she was not. Do you often refer to your own personal beliefs as a "denial of reality"? Neither does anyone else. It doesn't matter how YOU wish to label the beliefs of others. You're certainly not the "last word" on reality, not by any stretch.

As you've said many times about others, that was certainly "a swing and a miss". Put away the bat.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree