1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Sep '20 12:40
    @very-rusty said
    She didn't stick with you anything, she probably just got you to cover what the meds cost her to start with....You probably got a deal and didn't even know it. Forget all those years you put a roof over her head and food on the table!!!

-VR
    When one makes the decision to have progeny one is "stuck" with those responsibilities. If you're not willing to take them on...don't have kids. 🤔 😉

VR read my previous post. 😲 😛
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Sep '20 14:441 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    When one makes the decision to have progeny one is "stuck" with those responsibilities. If you're not willing to take them on...don't have kids. 🤔 😉

VR read my previous post. 😲 😛
    I am just sticking with the part where you said your daughter charged you. Did you expect it for free?

Too late for not me not having kids gbs.....LOL...!! I will not be having anymore at this point in my life though.

-VR
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    20 Sep '20 15:111 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    She is, at the moment stuck (though she loves the owners and they her) with working for an established clinic, I do have to pay but I do get a family discount. Once she, if she does, get her own practice, she's assured me that I will get an even better discount. I said, "You mean, like FREE". She replied, "You're kidding, right?" 😲 😉
    She will do everything for your family, knowing how much you have done for her. The circle of family life. It is even more rewarding with grandchildren and great-grandchildren, to see how generosity is passed on from one generation to the following.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Sep '20 15:42
    @torunn said
    She will do everything for your family, knowing how much you have done for her. The circle of family life. It is even more rewarding with grandchildren and great-grandchildren, to see how generosity is passed on from one generation to the following.
    I am assuming she will just get him to cover what she has to pay for the medication. Probably little or no other charges, will be stuck on him to pay.

-VR
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 07:50
    @coquette said
    I don't believe in this thread.
    another Oldie but Goldie from August 2nd 2008
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 12:14
    @ponderable said
    another Oldie but Goldie from August 2nd 2008
    How did you manage that? This thread only goes back to 2009 ...
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 12:25
    @kewpie said
    How did you manage that? This thread only goes back to 2009 ...
    ...because I didn't doublecheck that I hit the correct key… 🙁
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 12:50
    @ponderable said
    ...because I didn't doublecheck that I hit the correct key… 🙁
    Mine (keys) sometimes get stuck.
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 07:23
    @great-big-stees said
    Mine (keys) sometimes get stuck.
    I hope the y become unstuck, as this thread does regularly...
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 12:37
    @ponderable said
    I hope the y become unstuck, as this thread does regularly...
    Every once in a while I stick something in here. Speaking of sticking "stuff" in here , nothing from VR recently. 🤔
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 20:19
    @great-big-stees said
    Every once in a while I stick something in here. Speaking of sticking "stuff" in here , nothing from VR recently. 🤔
    Here's my once in a while post. My problem is I can't be witty with 'sticky', if ever, so to speak.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Sep '20 12:061 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    Very Rusty is still sticking around just been busy helping a neighbour and just have time for my chess moves. I thought I should stick this in so people will not be wondering if I got a forum ban as I've already had a few P.M.'s from people wondering. 😉 Man it has been years since I got a forum ban!!!

-VR
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    25 Sep '20 16:02
    @very-rusty said
    Very Rusty is still sticking around just been busy helping a neighbour and just have time for my chess moves. I thought I should stick this in so people will not be wondering if I got a forum ban as I've already had a few P.M.'s from people wondering. 😉 Man it has been years since I got a forum ban!!!

-VR
    Did you get stuck with any damage from Nova Scotia's hit from that tropical storm that went through your area the other day?
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Sep '20 17:072 edits
    @great-big-stees said
    Did you get stuck with any damage from Nova Scotia's hit from that tropical storm that went through your area the other day?
    Personally I got lucky, but my neighbour who's boat sunk that I I've been helping out. We have to figure out how we are going to get it out. It was a 22 footer and has 3 holes in it that he saw before it went down it was banging against the rocks. Have to see if it is worth fixing. If not he will probably buy a new one which I believe will be the end result.

We for the most part got lucky as it wasn't as bad as they thought and didn't hit us direct like it was suppose to but always hard to call. Hit land a bit further East of Halifax. There is a video of it going down. I think if you stick in google "boat sinking in Herring Cove" you may be able to see it. That is the area he kept it at. Thousands without power but only for about a day, I got lucky and kept mine where it was out all around me.

-VR
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    25 Sep '20 17:21
    @Very-Rusty
    I watched the film - a lot of money going down so silently. And much work, I would guess, with insurances and other practicalities.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree