Sticky Thread Game

Sticky Thread Game

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
26 Sep 20

@torunn said
@Very-Rusty
I watched the film - a lot of money going down so silently. And much work, I would guess, with insurances and other practicalities.
I've often wondered if, in instances like these, the insurance companies "stick it to" their customers by saying things like, "Did you read the fine print about acts of God"? 🤔

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Sep 20

@great-big-stees said
I've often wondered if, in instances like these, the insurance companies "stick it to" their customers by saying things like, "Did you read the fine print about acts of God"? 🤔
He never mentioned if he had it insured, and I didn't ask. He joked about using it as an anchor if it couldn't be repaired so I don't really think he is overly concerned, with the exception that the boat does have to be removed.

His face didn't stick to what he was saying though. He is going to decide over the week-end. I don't see either of his vehicles around so the family could be gone to his father's for the week-end. He has other property and and rents a bunch of places. It is still a big loss for him he had just gotten the boat this year too.

I believe he only has a couple of weeks to get it removed.

-VR

Moves
28 Sep 20
1 edit

@very-rusty said
He never mentioned if he had it insured, and I didn't ask. He joked about using it as an anchor if it couldn't be repaired so I don't really think he is overly concerned, with the exception that the boat does have to be removed.

His face didn't stick to what he was saying though. He is going to decide over the week-end. I don't see either of his vehicles around so the ...[text shortened]... gotten the boat this year too.

I believe he only has a couple of weeks to get it removed.

-VR
Why not just have him approach the port authorities and suggest they stick a buoy over it and use it as dive site.

Edit: He might then be eligible for a tax break.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
28 Sep 20
1 edit

@great-big-stees said
Why not just have him approach the port authorities and suggest they stick a buoy over it and use it as dive site.

Edit: He might then be eligible for a tax break.
LOL....Funny you should say that. He told his two older teen aged boys, well young men now he may use it as an anchor. The boat had to be taken out and him and his two sons got it out on the week-end with block and tackle and he hauled it out with his 4x4 truck. Beyond repair and wasn't insured. He said he called before the storm and they told him they wouldn't insure it until after the storm. Turns out he had the boat for 4 years, it was another one of my friends got one in the early Spring of this year.

I am not even sure he can claim a tax break on it here. Keep in mind they stick different laws and tax breaks in each of our Provinces.

-VR

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
02 Oct 20

This thread seems to lose some of its stickiness, found it on page 2 again

Australia

Moves
02 Oct 20

@ponderable said
This thread seems to lose some of its stickiness, found it on page 2 again
Like a post-it too long on the monitor. All the sticky bit covered in dust and hair.

Moves
02 Oct 20

@kewpie said
Like a post-it too long on the monitor. All the sticky bit covered in dust and hair.
My "wife" and I were just talking about this sort of thing. We have three dogs, two dark haired and one light haired. Although all three shed hair the white hairs are the ones that, overtly, seem to stick to one's dark socks.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
02 Oct 20
1 edit

@kewpie said
Yes, kind of like Last Word Sentences game, but it seems to stick around! 🙂

-VR

Australia

Moves
03 Oct 20

@very-rusty said
Yes, kind of like Last Word Sentences game, but it seems to stick around! 🙂

-VR
I'm surprised that it's stuck around as long as it has.

SRB

Moves
03 Oct 20

@kewpie said
Usually found rolled up behind your desk with the words "IMPORTANT - Do first tomorrow" written on it.

Moves
03 Oct 20

@petewxyz said
Usually found rolled up behind your desk with the words "IMPORTANT - Do first tomorrow" written on it.
That's what's stuck on my "Honey Do" list.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
03 Oct 20

@kewpie said
I'm surprised that it's stuck around as long as it has.
For what ever the reason it has stuck around. I think one of the reasons being we try not to have conflicts in here and for the most part are successful.

-VR

Moves
04 Oct 20

@very-rusty said
For what ever the reason it has stuck around. I think one of the reasons being we try not to have conflicts in here and for the most part are successful.

-VR
Here's hoping it sticks that way.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
04 Oct 20

@great-big-stees said
Here's hoping it sticks that way.
Only we can make sure it sticks that way! 😉

-VR

Moves
05 Oct 20