Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 05 Sep '07 14:11
    I think I have just finished my best chess game ever (still, I need to recheck it wit a computer to see if my sacrifices were correct)...anyway, the Q sack is for sure winning:

Game 3967407
  2. 05 Sep '07 14:22
    Originally posted by vipiu
    I think I have just finished my best chess game ever (still, I need to recheck it wit a computer to see if my sacrifices were correct)...anyway, the Q sack is for sure winning:

Game 3967407
    Very nice.
  3. 05 Sep '07 14:23
    thx,
    for the R sack I found some lines where I get only some unclear piece+pawn+some activity versus rook, cute anyway because I do not get back the material imediately(imediately= 1 or 2 moves)
  4. 05 Sep '07 14:42
    I won't accuse you of cheating... but that queen sac really was wonderful and frankly a bit too good to be true. If you genuinely found it yourself then I salute you.
  5. 05 Sep '07 14:45
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    I won't accuse you of cheating... but that queen sac really was wonderful and frankly a bit too good to be true. If you genuinely found it yourself then I salute you.
    Not really, its a very ncie sac but its one of those moves you cn have a feeling about, see that the king can be sent up the board. Its not something to be found all the time but occasionally by an 1800-1900 player? easily.
  6. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    05 Sep '07 14:49
    You basically just did.

P-
  7. 05 Sep '07 14:53 / 1 edit
    actually this was a bit easier to analyze than the R sack (which has more branches and also includes in the Q sack against the white Bg3 move that I thought that almost refuted my Rxg2) as if you spot it you can check it easier as it doesn't have branches(options for white)

and, do you think anyone would open a thread for a game in which he cheats ?

(edit: and, as someone said in some other thread, many of the tactic problems have Q sacks included these days)
  8. 05 Sep '07 14:54
    actually this was a bit easier to analyze than the R sack (which has more branches and also includes in the Q sack against the white Bg3 move that I thought that almost refuted my Rxg2) as if you spot it you can check it easier as it doesn't have branches(options for white)

and, do you think anyone would open a thread for a game in which he cheats ?
    True. That would be like committing murder and then writing a book about how you did it.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6979457.stm
  9. 05 Sep '07 15:01

Game 3967407
    That is beautiful. You get a rec.
  10. 05 Sep '07 15:07

Game 3967407
    very nice, congratulations !
  11. 05 Sep '07 15:29
    Nice! Congratulations!
  12. Standard member Yuga
    Renaissance
    05 Sep '07 16:11
    That's a marvelous conception. I don't see how Black can possibly have sufficient compensation for the R if it were not for QxN+.

i.e. if it weren't for QxN, Neg1 should sufficiently protect the knight and I do not see the compensation for the rook.

So it requires Black to see the forced mate if QxN+ KxQ before the R sac.

So...very nice, if you missed Bg3 then you were very fortunate to find QxN...very nicely done!
  13. Standard member Korch
    Chess Warrior
    05 Sep '07 16:21 / 1 edit
    19....Rxg2!! and 21...Qxf3!! are excellent moves. Very well played.
  14. Standard member 8D
    Fixer
    05 Sep '07 17:03
    WOW!

That was beautiful.

Someday I hope I can find something that clever.
  15. 05 Sep '07 17:19

Game 3967407
    That's one of the most brilliant combinations that I've ever seen! Not just on this site, but anywhere! I checked it with an engine and both the rook and queen sacrifices were completely correct, winning in all variations. If you worked everything out before sacrificing the rook, then you must be a genius!

19..Rxg2!!

This is definitely the harder sacrifice to calculate, although the subsequent queen sacrifice is more spectacular. Although Rxg2 is the kind of move that many attacking players would want to work!

It reminded me of one of Tal's sacrifices, except that they were usually unsound, but this was 100% sound!