1. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 06:57
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    I won't accuse you of cheating... but that queen sac really was wonderful and frankly a bit too good to be true. If you genuinely found it yourself then I salute you.
    I agree on both counts.
  2. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 14:37
    Originally posted by vipiu
    yes, about the same pin...mine was even easier to see in some point of view as the my N check-fork threat next was coming like a glove on that Q pin
    great game, your queen sac reminds me the game Letelier-Fischer , Leipzig (ol ) 1960 0-1 ...
    http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1008397
    by the way your queen sac is even better ! 😛
  3. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 14:50
    Originally posted by zintieriv
    great game, your queen sac reminds me the game Letelier-Fischer , Leipzig (ol ) 1960 0-1 ...
    http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1008397
    by the way your queen sac is even better ! 😛
    hehe, close to mine but mine looks cuter and deeper...
    but
    it is also the opponent involved (Fischer did it against GMs)...I've got some nice strategicaly position with the semiopen file on the King and the B pair...some achievements that a very strong player(where very strong can be much weaker than GM) will never allow me...
  4. London
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 15:43
    Absolutely gorgeous - something to aspire to - I will have to take some going over it to understand it properly.

I find the innuendo about cheating in this thread a little unnecessary and spoiling the moment. Surely there are enough games going on on this site to make it statistically quite likely that such a rare and beautiful combination will happen from time to time. If someone doesn't believe it then surely there are more discreet ways to check a player out rather than voicing suspicions in public. Vipiu is a student of the game who has taken time doing some endgame exercises with me a while back so I have know reason to doubt his achievement.
  5. Standard membergambit05
    Mad Murdock
    I forgot
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 16:33
    Originally posted by Mahout
    ...so I have know reason to doubt his achievement.
    That statement could be mistaken.
  6. London
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 16:44
    Originally posted by gambit05
    That statement could be mistaken.
    No - the statement is accurate. What I think you mean is there may be a reason I don't know about.
  7. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 16:511 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. London
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 17:03
    Oh yes - so it is. I now know no reason to disagree with gambit...😕
  9. Standard membergambit05
    Mad Murdock
    I forgot
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 17:19
    Originally posted by Mahout
    Oh yes - so it is. I now know no reason to disagree with gambit...😕
    Sorry, couldn't resist.

And by the way vipiu, very nice and brilliant game!
  10. Earth
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 19:511 edit
    Originally posted by Arrakis
    I agree on both counts.
    Why the cynicism? This is the sweetest finish I have seen on this site and I take my hat off to you Sir,
    Just out of interest, the rook sac was 10/11 moves before the mate. Before anyone starts accusing the guy of cheating, let them run Fritz. Does it find it and how long does it take. That seems like one hell of a lot of calcuations. The whole game looks rather human and beautiful to me. Where is the evidence to support the doubters, or are they just jealous?

This is why we play this game and there should be unanimous celebration. 🙂
  11. London
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 22:05
    Originally posted by Policestate
    Why the cynicism? This is the sweetest finish I have seen on this site and I take my hat off to you Sir,
    Just out of interest, the rook sac was 10/11 moves before the mate. Before anyone starts accusing the guy of cheating, let them run Fritz. Does it find it and how long does it take. That seems like one hell of a lot of calcuations. The whole game loo ...[text shortened]... hey just jealous?

This is why we play this game and there should be unanimous celebration. 🙂
    I agree and I wonder if we could have a gallery for the top ten most beautiful games on the site.
  12. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 05:10
    Originally posted by Policestate
    Why the cynicism?
    I rec'ed this post and I thought that was sufficient. Therefore, I did not want to comment more but here we go.

I think a Turkish proverb perfectly explains the negative reaction of Fat Lady and Yarrakis. I gave the meaning in case literal translation does not make sense.

Meyveli agaci taslarlar.
    Literal translation: They throw stones at a tree with fruit.
    Meaning: Talented people are the object of jealousy
  13. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 05:57
    Originally posted by kenan
    I rec'ed this post and I thought that was sufficient. Therefore, I did not want to comment more but here we go.

I think a Turkish proverb perfectly explains the negative reaction of Fat Lady and Yarrakis. I gave the meaning in case literal translation does not make sense.

Meyveli agaci taslarlar.
    Literal translation: They throw stones at a tree with fruit.
    Meaning: Talented people are the object of jealousy
    ah, it is not that...it is just the fear of cheating(that I also have it sometimes, but I just try to think when playing: "who cares, I will improve from this game anyway"😉
    Some people(and even strong players) do not play online correspondence games or even >5 minutes games because they think they opponents will cheat...it is so easy to cheat that anyone can do it without being caught...
    It is funny how I said in my club that I am playing also correspondence chess and long games online and imediately they said: but your opponents can cheat...So what ?
  14. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 07:37
    Unfortunately the rules about accusing people of cheating prevent me from writing what I would like to about this game.

Someone pointed out to me that Ironman used to often to show off his latest brilliancy and in this thread Thread 74077 we had someone trying to pass off a well known puzzle as his own, so there is a precedent for cheats to post their work in forums.

I am quite able to appreciate brilliancies in other people's games without feeling jealous that I don't play that sort of stuff in my own and if I thought vipiu achieved this one without the help from an engine I would happily congratulate him on a fantastic piece of accurate calculation. But I don't.
  15. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 08:24
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    Unfortunately the rules about accusing people of cheating prevent me from writing what I would like to about this game.

Someone pointed out to me that Ironman used to often to show off his latest brilliancy and in this thread Thread 74077 we had someone trying to pass off a well known puzzle as his own, so there is a precedent for cheats to ...[text shortened]... e I would happily congratulate him on a fantastic piece of accurate calculation. But I don't.
    still, if you check all the game with an engine you can find out that I played inferior natural good looking moves like Rg8(which Fritz says it is worse than directly e5)...or my a5 was not so good also...
    and also try to let Fritz for some time analyzing to see how long it takes to find Rxg2(I left it for about a minute and it did not find it, but after I moved it it confirmed)

anyway, I can not really prove that I did not use an engine, as you can also can not prove that I used...
    by the way, if you take a closer look to the game you will realise that even the variations of the R sack are very deep the branch tree is not very wide, as white has to do forced moves all the time...it is not so difficult to analyze(especially with the help of an extra board)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree