1. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 11:454 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    According to the verse, does God "love the world" or not? Does it then create a condition for "salvation", or not?
    sorry where is it you answer the question? If you will not answer the question then you are wasting my time. Is Gods love and the gift of everlasting life mutually exclusive or are they not? If not then your insistence that they are is refuted, if so on what basis?

Everlasting life is not an expression of Gods love because. . . . .
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 12:55
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No its hogwash. Gods love is not unconditional. A fact often misunderstood by those with a purely emotional faith. He only holds out the prospect of everlasting life to those who put faith in his son, just by way of example. John 3:16. Clearly the condition is that you exercise faith in Jesus Christ.

The idea that Gods love is unconditional i ...[text shortened]... would be interested in discussing how or why it has come about either scripturally or otherwise.
    Please tell me what condition is required for God to love you so much that He sent His own son to die for you.

Was it some condition you met that caused God to love you? Did God say "do this" and I will love you?

Perhaps you should read Romans 5:8 again.

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 13:016 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    Please tell me what condition is required for God to love you so much that He sent His own son to die for you.

Was it some condition you met that caused God to love you? Did God say "do this" and I will love you?

Perhaps you should read Romans 5:8 again.

[b]But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
    [/b]
    The condition for receiving this expression of Gods love (in this instance the gift of everlasting life) is that you exercise faith in Jesus Christ. Why that should present any rational or logical difficulties for you I cannot say. The fact of the matter is that if you do not exercise faith in Jesus Christ you cannot receive this expression of Gods love, (in this instance the gift of everlasting life) Again why that should be rationally or logically challenging for you I cannot say. The fact is that Gods love is not unconditional as this verse and many others evidently prove.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 13:38
    The condition for receiving this expression of Gods love (in this instance the gift of everlasting life) is that you exercise faith in Jesus Christ. Why that should present any rational or logical difficulties for you I cannot say. The fact of the matter is that if you do not exercise faith in Jesus Christ you cannot receive this expression of Gods ...[text shortened]... The fact is that Gods love is not unconditional as this verse and many others evidently prove.
    The gift is eternal life. Eternal life is a gift. The condition for receiving that gift is through faith in Jesus Christ.

But God does not need to have a condition imposed on Him to love us even while we were yet sinners as the verse implies.

God didn't say, "be good, then I will love you enough to send my son to die for you". In fact, God had already planned to send His son to die for us because of His love for us even before the first man ever lived.

Ephesians 1:4
    According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 13:53
    Originally posted by josephw
    The gift is eternal life. Eternal life is a gift. The condition for receiving that gift is through faith in Jesus Christ.

But God does not need to have a condition imposed on Him to love us even while we were yet sinners as the verse implies.

God didn't say, "be good, then I will love you enough to send my son to die for you". In fact, God had alread ...[text shortened]... re the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
    [/b]
    I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, no one is saying that God needs to have any conditions imposed upon him. You seem to be falling into fiction.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 13:53
    sorry where is it you answer the question? If you will not answer the question then you are wasting my time. Is Gods love and the gift of everlasting life mutually exclusive or are they not? If not then your insistence that they are is refuted, if so on what basis?

Everlasting life is not an expression of Gods love because. . . . .
    I don't see how John 3:16 supports your interpretation.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 14:29
    So why are you making a distinction between Gods love and everlasting life? Is not everlasting life an expression of Gods love? why are you assuming that they are mutually exclusive? if they are not mutually exclusive then your assumption that they are and the reasoning you give make NO SENSE, so tell us why they should be considered mutually exclusi ...[text shortened]... will make it easy for you

everlasting life is not an expression of gods love because. . . . .
    I think you are being deliberately dim actually, but I'll play along as there is little else to argue about at the moment.

You are a parent I believe, and I'm sure your love for your child is pretty much unconditional. However some of the benefits you may wish to bestow on your child probably are conditional. This is not a difficult concept.

However you will be inflexible as always because you regurgitate what you are taught in KH and you cannot go against it.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 14:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    It doesn't.

Obviously.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 14:352 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I think you are being deliberately dim actually, but I'll play along as there is little else to argue about at the moment.

You are a parent I believe, and I'm sure your love for your child is pretty much unconditional. However some of the benefits you may wish to bestow on your child probably are conditional. This is not a difficult concept.

Howev ...[text shortened]... exible as always because you regurgitate what you are taught in KH and you cannot go against it.
    More nothingness, no one cares what you think, we are interested in facts not your airhead rhetoric. You were telling us everlasting life is not an expression of Gods love because. . . . .

please insert reason here!
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 14:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    If anyone can point out a flaw in my logic or reasoning then they are at liberty to do so. I don't care whether you can see it or not, i have explained it with reference. It is enough for me.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 14:46
    If anyone can point out a flaw in my logic or reasoning then they are at liberty to do so. I don't care whether you can see it or not, i have explained it with reference. It is enough for me.
    Perhaps you have some version of John 3:16 that's worded differently that conflates salvation and love in the way you seek to?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 14:491 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Perhaps you have some version of John 3:16 that's worded differently that conflates salvation and love in the way you seek to?
    Well why don't you answer the question that was put to you and we shall find out shall we not. Is the gift of everlasting life an expression of Gods love or is it not? If it is then there is no conflation, if it is not you will need to explain why its not, won't you.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 14:52
    More nothingness, no one cares what you think, we are interested in facts not your airhead rhetoric. You were telling us everlasting life is not an expression of Gods love because. . . . .

The gift of life is an expression of God's love for mankind according to your beliefs, is it not? If so, is it conditional on believing that Christ is the only way to be "saved"? Of course not. John 3:16 does not conflate love and salvation in the way you seek to.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 14:55
    Well why don't you answer the question that was put to you and we shall find out shall we not. Is the gift of everlasting life an expression of Gods love or is it not? If it is then there is no conflation, if it is not you will need to explain why its not, won't you.
    Everlasting life is conditional on believing that salvation is only through Christ. This does not mean that your God figure does not love those who will not gain everlasting life. John 3:16 does not support your stance at all.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 15:02

Robbie I have fully explained the meaning of john 3:16 to you and it is so simple a child could understand it.

Love is unconditional, salvation is not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree