A Bible truth....

A Bible truth....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Mar 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
ok, first of all i have no problem with Christ words, secondly, Jehovahs Witnesses did not write this statement,

Regarding this text, The New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology (edited by C. Brown, 1978, Vol. 3, p. 304) states: “Matt. 10:28 teaches not the potential immortality of the soul but the irreversibility of divine judgmen ...[text shortened]... anisation, preaching and teaching, from house to house as Christ commands, no nether can I.
So some moron called Brown is helping you to contradict Christ?
Are you able to understand what Christ said on your own?
Why do you need Brown to help you?

rc

Moves
02 Mar 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Gosh , Robbie. I was wrong about you. I thought you were seriously interested in spirituality, which is in no way fully defined by any means.
They should start a separate "clown spirituality" forum for you.
they were serious questions. Perhaps if you had've answered them you may have may some inroads into my arguement.
So you rest your case? Oh thats good. At least I wont have to bother with you replying on this one.
oh did someone tell the bad ol putty cat that they know nothing, there there bad ol putty cat, you go back to your room full of mirrors and fire cyber rockets all over the globe, you could put little itty bitty stickers on the side of them with your grievances listed, or paint a picture of crusty the clown, whatever rocks your bad ol putty cat socks. No you wont have to bother, thank goodness.

rc

Moves
02 Mar 10

Originally posted by Rajk999
So some moron called Brown is helping you to contradict Christ?
Are you able to understand what Christ said on your own?
Why do you need Brown to help you?
sorry Raji Paji, my wife is calling and well, while its been nice rapping, id rather make love than war. . . . . .

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Mar 10

sorry Raji Paji, my wife is calling and well, while its been nice rapping, id rather make love than war. . . . . .
Hope you are better in bed than on the spirituality forum ..🙂

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Mar 10

oh did someone tell the bad ol putty cat that they know nothing, there there bad ol putty cat, you go back to your room full of mirrors and fire cyber rockets all over the globe, you could put little itty bitty stickers on the side of them with your grievances listed, or paint a picture of crusty the clown, whatever rocks your bad ol putty cat socks. No you wont have to bother, thank goodness.
Its nice to know you'd rather make love than war.
So in the spirit of love I ask you: Are my questions not worth answering?
Am I to be discarded because I dont argue with scripture?
Is this not a spirituality forum and not a christian one? (let alone a Jehovas Witness one)

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
02 Mar 10
1 edit

What is the origin of Christendoms belief in an immaterial, immortal soul?

“The Christian concept of a spiritual soul created by God and infused into the body at conception to make man a living whole is the fruit of a long development in Christian philosophy. Only with Origen [died c. 254 C.E.] in the East and St. Augustine [died 430 C.E.] in the ...[text shortened]... ria (Boston, 1898), M. Jastrow, Jr., p. 556.

What have you pagans to say for yourselves now?
Ok.................The question was explain for example the thief next to Christ? Christ words to Him were "today you shall be with me in paradise"!! Proof of consciousness after death. It's right there for all to read and see so How can you twist that?
RC I don't need all of that mumbo jumbo this time just an answer to this question.

Manny "The Apostate"

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
02 Mar 10
1 edit

Is this not a spirituality forum and not a christian one? (let alone a Jehovas Witness one)
Karoly I know you know this but questioning is a sign of intelligence. When some here have stopped questioning those are in trouble. 🙂

Manny

rc

Moves
02 Mar 10
2 edits

your questions amount to, let me see, Robbie Carrobie and Glavo, you are,

clowns,
blinkered,
laughable,
refuted,
stupid
archaic
living in the past,
devoid of reality

and so forth,

would you for one minute stay in the company of someone who thus described you as such, i wouldn't, no yappy dogs and no antagonists.

i have given our definition and appraisal of spiritual and it was met with the above, believe what you want, i myself am only interested in statements within a purely scriptural context or relating to such, you are naturally of course free to discuss any other context with anyone who cares for it. It is a public forum after all.

rc

Moves
02 Mar 10

Originally posted by menace71
Ok.................The question was explain for example the thief next to Christ? Christ words to Him were "today you shall be with me in paradise"!! Proof of consciousness after death. It's right there for all to read and see so How can you twist that?
RC I don't need all of that mumbo jumbo this time just an answer to this question.

Manny "The Apostate"
Sorry no comment, that has also been answered by Galvo a zillion times, fess up, immortality of the soul and thus the idea that something transcends death is originally Babylonian and was absorbed into so called 'Christianity', through essentially Hellenistic pagan philosophical influences. Read it and weep. Its just like an enemy of truth to treat such scholarly works as 'mumbo jumbo'.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
02 Mar 10

i am sorry but both your tone and your explanations are particularly shallow even by your standards, let us just by way of example highlight your 'take', on Ecclesiastes, shall we, here are your words,

The ruminations of self-described fool? is this a personal confession? or a comment upon Solomon, of whom the Queen of Sheba states that she did ...[text shortened]... use discernible and effective methods, this is just bumf and is unworthy of further comment.
As your usual overbearing style dictates, you try to outshout what you cannot explain. Your grasp on the Bible and the history surrounding the same is so appalling, so absurdly ridiculous, it's beyond a laughing matter.

The very point of the book was to think from the standpoint of futility, i.e., to consider life as from the perspective of those who think it all ends here. It isn't until the very end of the book that the divine perspective is brought into view.

And you, ever the eager manipulator, ever the willing twister of truth, quote a verse as though it is doctrine from God. The idiocy involved in such thinking really deserves nothing short of pity.

rc

Moves
02 Mar 10
1 edit

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
As your usual overbearing style dictates, you try to outshout what you cannot explain. Your grasp on the Bible and the history surrounding the same is so appalling, so absurdly ridiculous, it's beyond a laughing matter.

The very point of the book was to think from the standpoint of futility, i.e., to consider life as from the perspective of those who t octrine from God. The idiocy involved in such thinking really deserves nothing short of pity.
more opinion masquerading as truth and even less worthy of comment than the first time. One should flick this post away as one does a bothersome fly near ones Chardonnay.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
02 Mar 10

more opinion masquerading as truth and even less worthy of comment than the first time. One should flick this post away as one does a bothersome fly near ones Chardonnay.
more opinion masquerading as truth...
I've given you facts. You read them on the page and dismiss them for not aligning with the facts of your cult. Makes sense.

...and even less worthy of comment than the first time.
And yet you do. Curious.

One should flick this post away as one does a bothersome fly near ones Chardonnay.
I guess that's a fairly accurate picture: you do seem rather intoxicated on the crap that spewed forth from ol' good time Charlie.

rc

Moves
02 Mar 10

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
[b]more opinion masquerading as truth...
I've given you facts. You read them on the page and dismiss them for not aligning with the facts of your cult. Makes sense.

...and even less worthy of comment than the first time.
And yet you do. Curious.

One should flick this post away as one does a bothersome fly near ones Chardonnay. ...[text shortened]... ure: you do seem rather intoxicated on the crap that spewed forth from ol' good time Charlie.[/b]
flick!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Mar 10

Originally posted by epiphinehas
I was just curious, because you've broached this subject before. Last time around you were quite successful at ignoring any contrary biblical evidence. I don't foresee the present discussion being any different, so I'm inclined to let you persist in your mistaken beliefs unmolested. However, it strikes me as odd that you purposefully return to this su ...[text shortened]... d to convince others to believe, that when we die we're really dead as door-nails?
Oh it was just fresh on my mind as we have recently discussed it. But no I don't fear the afterlife as there is no afterlife other then just being asleep in death. I have no desire to die though as I love life and the planet God gave us.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Mar 10

Originally posted by galveston75
Oh it was just fresh on my mind as we have recently discussed it. But no I don't fear the afterlife as there is no afterlife other then just being asleep in death. I have no desire to die though as I love life and the planet God gave us.
John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

Abraham must have had some kind of consciousness for him to see the arrival of Christ. Lets hear you do like Robbie and argue with Christ. Thats the surest road to damnation ... go ahead ... use your JW teaching to ridicule the words of Christ.