1. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jun '17 22:46
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    That is right, as He is also just. He will not allow evil to go unpunished, nor will He allow
    an eternal kingdom to be polluted by evil and those that prefer evil. This temporary place
    is revealing evil for what it is, when we sin we are acting out in our fleshly nature, and He
    is giving us grace to avoid that fate, ignore it or not. You will stand befor ...[text shortened]... here wish to condemn God, in the end He will either
    show us mercy through Jesus, or condemn us.
    You mean the God in which you believe is so just that he does not allow the innocent to go untormented .. 😀
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jun '17 22:46
    That is right, as He is also just. He will not allow evil to go unpunished, nor will He allow
    an eternal kingdom to be polluted by evil and those that prefer evil. This temporary place
    is revealing evil for what it is, when we sin we are acting out in our fleshly nature, and He
    is giving us grace to avoid that fate, ignore it or not. You will stand befor ...[text shortened]... here wish to condemn God, in the end He will either
    show us mercy through Jesus, or condemn us.
    Those who are 'evil' are just parts of the one and same god that haven't been exposed to the light of truth . It this sense they are just ignorant and god gives them all eternity to work out their misguided ways.

"Show us mercy through Jesus Christ or condemn us"
    Is that the only 2 options? Why all these other religions?
    No, I think there is more than one way to know the universe ..
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jun '17 22:52
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Those who are 'evil' are just parts of the one and same god that haven't been exposed to the light of truth . It this sense they are just ignorant and god gives them all eternity to work out their misguided ways.

"Show us mercy through Jesus Christ or condemn us"
    Is that the only 2 options? Why all these other religions?
    No, I think there is more than one way to know the universe ..
    Your feelings and wishful thinking will be shown true or false!
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 08:27
    Originally posted by sonship
    Was [b]Samuel being kept alive when Saul and the witch of Endor summoned up his spirit/soul from Sheol ? (First Samuel 28)

See if you can adhere to the question aside from your appeals to strong emotion.[/b]
    I've no idea, but he wasn't being burnt alive in a furnace in order to be kept alive was he.

Now why don't you see if you can adhere to the question in the OP aside from your pouty deflections.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 08:28
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    According to the Bible only the Devil and his angels, the Beast, and the False Prophet are tormented eternally.
    No, according to some popular interpretations of revelation and other scriptures is all non believers and certainly those with the mark of the beast. Whatever that means.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 08:29
    Let me ask you a couple of questions too.

A man, a world leader with extensive power, even supernatural power, will not allow anyone who does not have his mark, to buy or sell - is this evil to you ?

A man who sits in Jewish temple in Jerusalem claiming that he is God. And if you do not acknowledge him as such you go starving, unclothed, sick, impri ...[text shortened]... Satan turns over all of his worldly authority.

You do count that as very evil, don't you ?
    Who is responsible. Are you going to adhere to the question in the OP?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 08:31
    The question has to do with divegeester's repeated claim that God supernaturally keeps people alive in the lake of fire.

And it was a genuine question. Instead of giving him an excuse not to consider it why don't you step out of the way ?

Divegeester, this is not a question about horrific emotional reactions. It is about your apparent dichotomy -

Physical Life verses Non-existence. Does the Bible really teach this?
    Are you suggesting that a human being can withstand being burnt alive for eternity by themselves with their lifespan of 3 score and 10?

Who is responsible for the billions of people being burnt alive for eternity, Jesus or the people themselves?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 08:32
    In [b]First Samuel 28 God permits the apostate King Saul and a secretive witch of Endor to summon up the immaterial part of the deceased prophet Samuel from the dead.

The plural of "gods" coming up from the earth, suggest to some interpreters that angels accompanied the immaterial soul / spirit of Samuel the prophet up from S ...[text shortened]... ]

Samuel was dead. Samuel was not altogether non-existent.
    Is this correct ?[/b]
    Samuel wasn't being burnt alive in hell by your version of Jesus.

Are you going where to the question in the OP?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 08:331 edit
    [b] What does 'genuine question' have to do with it. You are going after the argument that man has an eternal soul. That is not in the Bible.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By "genuine question" I mean that while I am asking it, I too am contemplating how I would answer it mys ...[text shortened]...
    For I do not intend to claim that ancient Greek philosophy was precisely taught in the Bible.[/b]
    Are you going to reply o the OP and adhere (your word) to the question or are you going to continue to dodge and deflect because you are either unable to, or too embarrassed to?

You are embarrassed by your own doctrine aren't you?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 08:35
    The universe and everything in was created by God, it is all sustained by God, and if
    God created us to be eternal beings, than we are. Where we go after judgment and how
    that plays out is also going to be according to the will of God. No matter how we think
    it is going to happen. People really should want to avoid the wrath of God, instead of
    trying to make it out to be, not so bad!
    Are you able to respond to the OP?

Are you too embarrassed of your own beliefs to answer?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 08:351 edit
    I do need to hear from Divegeester...
    You need to adhere to the question in the OP instead of deflecting.

Who is responsible for the eternal burning of people being kept supernaturally alive, Jesus or the individuals?
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 09:23
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Who is primarily responsibile for all of the billions of people being supernaturally kept alive and burnt in hell for eternity while Jesus and the angels spectate. Not annihilated, not vapourised, burnt alive, tormented for all eternity.

So, is responsibility for this carnage attributed to your version of Jesus the Lamb, or is it the responsibility o ...[text shortened]... angels, and in the presence of the Lamb, and the smoke of their torment will go up forever.[/i]
    Choices have consequences. What do you think the consequences are for those who choose not to believe?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 09:34
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Choices have consequences. What do you think the consequences are for those who choose not to believe?
    Who is responsible?
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 09:45
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Who is responsible?
    For there being consequences to choices? Or for people being eternally lost?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 10:00
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    For there being consequences to choices? Or for people being eternally lost?
    I refer you to the question in my OP which you are dishonestly presenting to not understand.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree