1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 17:54
    Originally posted by sonship
    Seeking readers,

I know God.
    I think that you should also come to know God.
    God's law is written on my heart.
    I know God indirectly.
    I know him when I help the sick,
    I know him when I feed a stranger.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 17:59
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I know God indirectly.
    That is wonderful.

Do you want to know God directly too ?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 18:281 edit
    That is wonderful.

Do you want to know God directly too ?
    You are mistaken .. sadly, I would add. GoDuke is also mistaken, but happily, because he is the one that knows God directly. You are the poor soul that only claims to know God, while GoDuke knows God directly.

The Bible says: that you know that you know God/Christ when you keep the commandments.

You have denied the importance of keeping the commandments and made every effort to prove that they are not necessary.

You know God with your mouth. Ghost of a Duke is better off with his atheist doctrine and demonstrating love to those around him. If he were to follow yours he would be destined for eternal damnation.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 18:29
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I know God indirectly.
    This is what knowing God and a relationship with God is all about.

It certainly is not about talking and thinking about Christ.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 19:11
    Originally posted by Rajk999

Guess I view it in the same way I view my 'relationship' with my own father, someone I haven't seen in over 20 years. (Since i was 19).

I no longer 'know' my father, but do feel that my character (to some extent) has been shaped by him and that sometimes his influence on me is revealed in my actions (often taking me by surprise).
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 20:13
    You are mistaken .. sadly, I would add. GoDuke is also mistaken, but happily, because he is the one that knows God directly. You are the poor soul that only claims to know God, while GoDuke knows God directly.

[b]The Bible says: that you know that you know God/Christ when you keep the commandments.

You have denied the importance of keeping the ...[text shortened]... love to those around him. If he were to follow yours he would be destined for eternal damnation.[/b]
    You assume people are not obeying God that claim God is within, or you know that they are not. Which is it?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 20:212 edits
    . You are the poor soul that only claims to know God, while GoDuke knows God directly.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh dear. Is it that bad for me ?

I thought I remember you saying it was arrogant or something to say one knows who knows God and who doesn't. Didn't you complain about that in the recent past?

The Bible says: that you know that you know God/Christ when you keep the commandments.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have denied the importance of keeping the commandments and made every effort to prove that they are not necessary.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why are you such a liar?
    Seriously.

I don't think I have any other question for you at this point.
    Why are you such a liar?

You know God with your mouth. Ghost of a Duke is better off with his atheist doctrine and demonstrating love to those around him. If he were to follow yours he would be destined for eternal damnation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are a perplexing lying person.
    You strongly castigate me because I must have said something about eternal punishment as if you objected that that is not in the Bible. Then you turn around and teach eternal damnation.

Have you explained this discrepancy? I asked about this before.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 20:40
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You assume people are not obeying God that claim God is within, or you know that they are not. Which is it?
    Im not assuming anything. He is misleading people and drawing them away from the commandments of Christ. Do you think that is a good thing?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 20:45
    [b] . You are the poor soul that only claims to know God, while GoDuke knows God directly.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh dear. Is it that bad for me ?

I thought I remember you saying it was arrogant or something to say one knows who knows God and who doesn't. Didn't you c ...[text shortened]... d teach eternal damnation.

Have you explained this discrepancy? I asked about this before.[/b]
    You preach that Christ's commandments are too hard to keep and need not be followed... they are nice but not important.

You having problems with differentiating between eternal domination and eternal torture?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 21:19
    Im not assuming anything. He is misleading people and drawing them away from the commandments of Christ. Do you think that is a good thing?

Why are you such a liar?
    That is necessarily a loaded question. It has to be because you deliberately misrepresent all I have written here for years.

If I was trying to distract people away FROM the commandments of Christ then I would distract them away from CHRIST !

Because I focus on Christ, argue for Christ, persuade continually that men draw close to Christ, love Christ, believe in Christ, seek to know Christ, live unto and with and for and by Christ I of necessity draw them to all that Christ DOES including command, speak, and require.

You say I say "the commandments of Christ are not important."

I never said that and never would.
    Saying that (as the New Testament says) we are saved by faith and receive the gift of eternal life by faith is not saying "Oh ... the commandments of Christ are not important".

I have compared living with Christ with "power steering". I think it is a good analogy. And this quotation from the mouth of Christ leads me to believe that obeying the commandments of Christ should be like this:

REST, EASY, because of His grace empowering you from within:

" Come to Me all who toil and are burdened, and I will give you rest.

Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." (Matt. 11:28-20)

He does not say "My burden is not important."
    He does not say "My burden is not necessary."

He does say that taking His yoke should mean to us REST for our souls.
    He does say learning from Him we should find ease and a light yoke.
    He does say that obeying Him should lead to rest for our souls.

This is because the grace of the indwelling Christ is indeed something like power steering in an automobile.

The next time you maintain that I teach the commandments of Christ are not important, I will ask you again in all honesty - Why are you such a liar?
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 21:28
    Can someone assist with this expression used by some Christians? What exactly is a [real] relationship with God and does the Bible explain what this means?

This appears to be the key to salvation.
    Sorry for the link but it's all I can do right now.....

THE WATCHTOWER (STUDY EDITION) APRIL 2015

How real to you is your personal relationship with Jehovah? Would you like to strengthen it? James 4:8 tells you how you can do that: “Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you.” Note that this is a two-way process. * As we take steps to draw close to God, he takes reciprocating action toward us. This interaction, frequently repeated, progressively strengthens our relationship with Jehovah. As a result, that relationship becomes very real to us. We develop the kind of confidence Jesus had when he said: “The One who sent me is real, and . . . I know him.” (John 7:28, 29)

For us to draw close to Jehovah, however, it is essential that we study with the right objective. John 17:3 says: “This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.” Thus, our objective should be not merely to take in knowledge but to come to “know” Jehovah better as a Person.

Consider this: From his prehuman existence, Jesus observed firsthand Jehovah’s response to the prayers of His human servants. Then, during his earthly ministry, Jesus used prayer as his means of communicating his feelings to his Father in heaven. Would he have done so—even spending an entire night in prayer—had he thought that Jehovah was not really listening? (Luke 6:12; 22:40-46) Would he have taught his disciples to pray had he thought that prayer was nothing more than a psychological crutch? Clearly, Jesus knew that prayer is real communication with Jehovah. On one occasion, Jesus said: “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. True, I knew that you always hear me.” We too can have confidence that Jehovah is the “Hearer of prayer.”—John 11:41, 42; Ps. 65:2.

Developing a closer relationship with Jehovah is a lifetime pursuit. We must take steps to draw close to God if we want him to take corresponding action toward us. By all means, then, let us remain in regular communication with our God by means of Bible study and prayer. As a result, our ever-growing relationship with Jehovah will enable us to meet our trials successfully.

The fact is that Jehovah “is not far off from each one” who wants to find him; it is possible to get to know him. (Read Acts 17:26, 27; Psalm 145:18.) Our God purposed that even imperfect humans should be close to him, and he is ready and willing to receive them into his favor as close friends. (Isa. 41:8; 55:6) From personal experience, the psalmist could write about Jehovah: “O Hearer of prayer, to you people of all sorts will come. Happy is the one whom you choose and bring near.” (Ps. 65:2, 4) The Bible account regarding King Asa of Judah provides an example of someone who drew close to God, and it shows how Jehovah responded.

We should never draw away from Jehovah. If we have allowed some distance to develop between him and us, we should act in accord with Hosea 12:6, which states: “Return to your God, maintain loyal love and justice, and always hope in your God.” Let us, then, draw closer and closer to Jehovah by reflecting appreciatively on the ransom and by diligently studying his Word, the Bible.—Read Deuteronomy 13:4.

Finally you must use his name. How can you have a relationship with anyone if you don't use their name, their correct name?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 22:09

It is obviously escaping you what those scriptures mean. You are close but missing the mark.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 22:11

Why are you such a liar?
    That is necessarily a loaded question. It has to be because you deliberately misrepresent all I have written here for years.

If I was trying to distract people away FROM ...[text shortened]... ents of Christ are not important, I will ask you again in all honesty - Why are you such a liar?
    You are a comedian. You claim now that you say that Christ's commandments are important and yet you say that if a Christian does not follow Christ's commandments there are no consequences, as that person is eternally saved. So there is no need to follow commandments, according to you, they are legalistic and its working for your salvation.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 22:15
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    It is obviously escaping you what those scriptures mean. You are close but missing the mark.
    A relationship with God or Christ is not a concept that exists in the Bible.

What the bible does say are concepts along similar lines and in all cases they are about following the commandments of Christ .. for example:
    = you know God when you follow the commandments of Christ
    - Christ abides in you when you follow the commandments
    - Christ dwells in you when you follow the commandments.
    - you are close to God when you live according his commandments.

Its all about obedience and following commandments.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 22:42

What the bible does say are concepts along similar lines and in all cases they are about following the commandments of Christ .. for example:
    = you know God when you follow the commandments of Christ
    - Christ abides in you when you follow the commandments
    - Christ dwells in ...[text shortened]... when you live according his commandments.

Its all about obedience and following commandments.

Huh ?
    Man, you've been trying to hit a home run before even getting up to the plate to bat.
    In fact I wonder if you've even entered the ball park.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree