A REAL relationship with God.

A REAL relationship with God.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Mar 17

Originally posted by sonhouse
This is hilarious, humans thinking a god would give a shyte about them.
I think it sad you think He doesn't care!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Mar 17
1 edit

Rajk999,

Do both the people in this example from Jesus Christ have a relationship with God? Both are in the manifestation of the kingdom of the heavens.

"Therefore whoever annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called the least in the kingdom of the heavens; but whoever practices and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of the heavens." (Matt. 5:19)

Does he who will be called great in the kingdom have a relationship with God
but he who is called least in the kingdom NOT have a relationship with God?

Since both are participating in the kingdom, both must have a relationship with God.
Right?

If you condemn me for encouraging Christians to live loosely, disobediently, lukewarmly towards obeying the Lord Jesus, I will have to be rude and simply call you a liar.

If you want to obey well Christ the sooner you realize that turning TO Christ, abiding in Christ, remaining with Christ in moment to moment relationship is the only way.

We learn from a successful pioneer in this, Paul the Apostle.

" And be found in Him, not having my own righteousness which is out of the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is out of God and based on faith." (Phil. 3:9)

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Mar 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
I think it sad you think He doesn't care!
I think it's sad you think it's real. If it is real, have it come down here and tell us so, don't waste my time with humans telling me so.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
Romans 10: 10, "For with your heart you believe and are justified, and with your mouth you confess and are saved.…"

So you are saying this verse of scripture is false? Is that it?
We have been though this discussion before but since it is clear that your are a very slow learner I will explain again.

Pauls words have to be taken as a whole and not just take one sentence which gives a misleading doctrine. Paul warned that even though you are saved that still does not guarantee eternal life. Good works and living righteously are essential for eternal life. Christian saints who continue to sin will not inherit the Kingdom of God. This was stated several times. They are saved Saved yes, but only given eternal life if they live according to Gods commandments. If you fail then there is no more forgiveness:

Here is just one of the many of Pauls warnings:

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.(Hebrews 6:4-6 KJV)

These are Christian saints being addressed. They were given the Holy Spirit. They were transformed. But they continued to sin.

Hence the reason why I stick to what Jesus said. Live righteously and you will inherit the Kingdom of God. Plain and simple.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Mar 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
We have been though this discussion before but since it is clear that your are a very slow learner I will explain again.

Pauls words have to be taken as a whole and not just take one sentence which gives a misleading doctrine. Paul warned that even though you are saved that still does not guarantee eternal life. Good works and living righteously are esse ...[text shortened]... to what Jesus said. Live righteously and you will inherit the Kingdom of God. Plain and simple.
What do you think that they tasted that they are being held accountable for?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
07 Mar 17
2 edits

Pauls words have to be taken as a whole and not just take one sentence which gives a misleading doctrine. Paul warned that even though you are saved that still does not guarantee eternal life. Good works and living righteously are esse ...[text shortened]... to what Jesus said. Live righteously and you will inherit the Kingdom of God. Plain and simple.
Christian saints who continue to sin will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

So you are saying it is possible to stop sinning and live a perfect sinless life like Jesus did? Have you stopped sinning? So you know of anyone that has stopped sinning? Are you saying the love of God is conditional? Does God only love us if we obey his commands? Do you have any kids? Do you stop loving your kids when they disobey you?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
07 Mar 17

Originally posted by Pudgenik
So it is all in your head.What do you want to be true.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Mar 17
1 edit

[b]Christian saints who continue to sin will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

So you are saying it is possible to stop sinning and live a perfect sinless life like Jesus did? Have you stopped sinning? So you know of anyone that has stopped sinning? Are you saying the love of God is conditional? Does God only love us if we obey his commands? Do you have any kids? Do you stop loving your kids when they disobey you?[/b]
Paul has no authority to tell anyone that they have eternal life. That authority is reserved for God who assigned his Son Jesus Christ to perform that function. So if you want to ignore Christ and listen to Paul only then thats your choice.

As for the rest of your questions Jesus will judge all people when the day comes.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Mar 17
8 edits

Paul has no authority to tell anyone that they have eternal life.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did Paul have no authority to write the book of Romans which has been for 2,000 years plus the foundational doctrinal outline of "the Gospel of God" ?

If you say he did not then he did not have authority to write 10:9 which tells us who shall be saved.

Now if you say he had no authority to write these things then why do you believe that the writer of the book of Hebrews (most likely Paul) had authority to furnish you with what you argue are [edited] proof texts that a Christian can lose his eternal redemption ?

If you disqualify Romans as having apostolic authority don't you also disqualify Hebrews ? Remember how cherished your passages in Hebrews are to prove the disobedient Christians will all be lost forever.

That authority is reserved for God who assigned his Son Jesus Christ to perform that function. So if you want to ignore Christ and listen to Paul only then thats your choice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a false dichotomy. We can listen to Jesus Christ AND as He desired and prayed, listen also to His apostles.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
07 Mar 17
2 edits

Paul has no authority to tell anyone that they have eternal life. That authority is reserved for God who assigned his Son Jesus Christ to perform that function. So if you want to ignore Christ and listen to Paul only then thats your choice.

As for the rest of your questions Jesus will judge all people when the day comes.
So then your only assurance of salvation is your own 'good works', and your own 'righteousness' is that correct? Good luck with that.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Mar 17

So then your only assurance of salvation is your own 'good works', and your own 'righteousness' is that correct? Good luck with that.
Your assurance of salvation is from Paul. Good luck with that.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Mar 17

Originally posted by sonship
[b] Paul has no authority to tell anyone that they have eternal life.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did Paul have no authority to write the book of Romans which has been for 2,000 years plus the foundational doctrinal outline of "the Gospel of God" ?

If you say he did not the ...[text shortened]... We can listen to Jesus Christ AND as He desired and prayed, listen also to His apostles.[/b]
Saved and eternal life are two different things. You need to read the Bible more careflully

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Mar 17
1 edit

Saved and eternal life are two different things. You need to read the Bible more careflully
I know the Bible, both the Old Testament and the New Testament much better than you do.

Now if you deprive apostolic authority to Paul, you do so also to the writer of Hebrews. You shot yourself in the foot.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Mar 17

You reject what Paul wrote in scripture as not being from God? You don't think God's Holy Spirit revealed anything to Paul to share with the body of Christ?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Mar 17

Originally posted by sonhouse
I think it's sad you think it's real. If it is real, have it come down here and tell us so, don't waste my time with humans telling me so.
You are demanding God behave as you want?