1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 18:03
    Colossians 1:27
    To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

2 Corinthians 13:5
    Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

John 17:3
    And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1 John 5:20
    And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

1 Corinthians 2:16
    For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

2 Corinthians 4:6
    For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 3:19
    And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

1 Corinthians 6:15
    Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.

2 Thessalonians 1:8
    In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Peter 2:20
    For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

2 Peter 3:18
    But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 20:02
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why don't you ask the person who said it instead of starting a thread about it?
    I did and he did not reply.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 23:45
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    This is repeated a dozen times in the Bible:

1Jn 4:12 ..If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, ...

But many Christians ignore it and focus more on talk and think about Christ, even condemning those who demonstrate love and charity as this is the dreaded works salvation.
    "Many Christians" do what? Are you including yourself?

Again, you assume, just so you can reload your hate-rants against Christians.

I'm not seeing much "love and charity" in your post.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 01:27
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Colossians 1:27
    To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

2 Corinthians 13:5
    Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

John 17:3
    And thi ...[text shortened]... the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
    How does this answer the question of what is a real relationship with God.

Can you be clear?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 03:43
    Can someone assist with this expression used by some Christians? What exactly is a [real] relationship with God and does the Bible explain what this means?

This appears to be the key to salvation.
    No explanation in the bible you say?
    how encrusted
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 03:45
    Originally posted by apathist
    I'm curious too. For an all-powerful creator who wants us to believe in it, all we actually get is invisible silence.
    that's cause it has no name and no form. But anyone with a functioning brain can see that
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 03:49
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    I will have a chess board set up for you in the City of God, but i doubt you will want to play that game when there. You will be preoccupied with everything else.
    Classic, just ...
    Where do you guys come from?

War and games are the nature of this universe, there may be other universes but ours seems tobe based on war and games.
    (William Burroughs)
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 10:12
    battle monkeys!

oh that was kinda harsh
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 10:481 edit
    Can someone assist with this expression used by some Christians? What exactly is a [real] relationship with God and does the Bible explain what this means?

This appears to be the key to salvation.
    Relationship : the way in which two or more people or things are connected. (Webster's definition, in part)

A relationship with God is about one's connection with God. "Having a relationship", or connection with God, by implication, suggests that there isn't a relationship to begin with, but then something happens and a relationship is established.

And no matter what anyone says about what a relationship with God is, or how, why and when it happens, it's all based in, and determined by God.

God defines the terms and conditions, which are clearly revealed in the Bible.

The bottom line is simple and direct. A relationship with God begins and ends with one agreeing to the terms and conditions established by God for a relationship to exist.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 11:02
    Originally posted by josephw
    Relationship : the way in which two or more people or things are connected. (Webster's definition, in part)

A relationship with God is about one's connection with God. "Having a relationship, or connection with God, by implication, suggests that there isn't a relationship to begin with, but then something happens and a relationship is established. ...[text shortened]... ith one agreeing to the terms and conditions established by God for a relationship to exist.
    [/b]
    Finally someone with some brains and balls. Getting tired of jokers like KJ who continue to post irrelevant poorly explained nonsense. Thanks Josephw.

Ok, I understand your points. Now Im sure you know that the actual expression 'relationship with God' is not in the Bible, but the concept is, can you point me to the passages in the Bible that support your post.

I agree that someone ideally should have a relationship with God but we may disagree on the nature of this relationship.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 11:30
    Finally someone with some brains and balls. Getting tired of jokers like KJ who continue to post irrelevant poorly explained nonsense. Thanks Josephw.

Ok, I understand your points. Now Im sure you know that the actual expression 'relationship with God' is not in the Bible, but the concept is, can you point me to the passages in the Bible that support your ...[text shortened]... ally should have a relationship with God but we may disagree on the nature of this relationship.
    ".., can you point me to the passages in the Bible that support your post."

There are many. Truth is, in my opinion, the entire content of the scriptures points to Christ who is the basis upon which a relationship with God is made.

Romans 5:10
    For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

We are reconciled to God by the death of His Son Jesus Christ.

But first Romans 3:21-28 must be understood and adhered to.

21. But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
    22. Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
    23. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
    24. Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
    25. Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
    26. To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
    27. Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
    28. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 11:341 edit

Ok, I understand your points. Now Im sure you know that the actual expression 'relationship with God' is not in the Bible, but the concept is, can you point me to the passages in the Bible that support your ...[text shortened]... ally should have a relationship with God but we may disagree on the nature of this relationship.
    The only thing I posted in my last to you was scripture. If you think that is irrelevant that
    is on you. The one thing I suggest you do is look at the connection between God and us
    how personal that it is, He in us, we in Him. This I'm surprised you didn't grasp as soon as
    you saw them, since as a Christian I would have thought you would cherish those. This
    relationship is not only idea, it is necessary.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 11:45
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    The only thing I posted in my last to you was scripture. If you think that is irrelevant that
    is on you. The one thing I suggest you do is look at the connection between God and us
    how personal that it is, He in us, we in Him. This I'm surprised you didn't grasp as soon as
    you saw them, since as a Christian I would have thought you would cherish those. This
    relationship is not only idea, it is necessary.
    Can you support what you say with some references? Thanks.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 11:58
    Can you support what you say with some references? Thanks.
    I gave you the references first they confused you I guess.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 12:051 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]".., can you point me to the passages in the Bible that support your post."

There are many. Truth is, in my opinion, the entire content of the scriptures points to Christ who is the basis upon which a relationship with God is made.

Romans 5:10
    For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being rec ...[text shortened]... faith.
    28. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.[/b]
    From what I see in your quotes you are pointing to passages which show that it is through Jesus Christ can man have a relationship with God.

First many would claim to have such a relationship through Christ, but the Bible says that within this same group some would please God and some would not. Therefore there are two kinds of relationship with God:
    - one that God is pleased with
    - one that God is not pleased with.
    How can the two kinds be identified and exactly what it is that pleases God.

Second, many in the old testament had a relationship with God and this was not through Christ. Abraham pleased God, was a friend of God etc, and this is a good relationship with God. Some had a bad relationship with God.

Finally even though there is no word relationship in the KJV Bible, other words or expressions which point to this are:
    - to know God / Christ
    - God abides in him
    - God knows him
    - a disciple of Christ
    - in Christ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree