1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 22:451 edit
    A relationship with God or Christ is not a concept that exists in the Bible.

What the bible does say are concepts along similar lines and in all cases they are about following the commandments of Christ .. for example:
    = you know God when you follow the commandments of Christ
    - Christ abides in you when you follow the commandments
    - Christ dwells in ...[text shortened]... when you live according his commandments.

None of this prove the concept of a relationship with God or Christ is not a concept in the Bible.

Why are you such a liar ?

Its all about obedience and following commandments.

What is "all about obedience and following commandments"?
    What, the concept of a relationship with God or Christ is "all about obedience and following commandments" ?
  2. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 22:48
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    God's law is written on my heart.
    I know God indirectly.
    I know him when I help the sick,
    I know him when I feed a stranger.
    I wish i could show you what i know, you'ld be amazed!

Here me you self righteous Christians, this is a person who is a child of the Father. When you condemn him you will only condemn yourselves.

He has the baptism of the heart, that is his heart is circumcised.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 23:10
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    I wish i could show you what i know, you'ld be amazed!

Here me you self righteous Christians, this is a person who is a child of the Father. When you condemn him you will only condemn yourselves.

He has the baptism of the heart, that is his heart is circumcised.
    Are you condemning Christians. Dont you know that these are your brothers in Christ? 🙂
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 23:12
    Originally posted by sonship
    [quote] A relationship with God or Christ is not a concept that exists in the Bible.

What the bible does say are concepts along similar lines and in all cases they are about following the commandments of Christ .. for example:
    - Christ ...[text shortened]... ept of a relationship with God or Christ is "all about obedience and following commandments" ?
    Whether or not you enter the Kingdom of God is based on your ability to follow the commandments of Christ and your obedience to God.

It has nothing to do with you professing your faith with your mouth .. thats just a false doctrine which you preach

A person has a relationship with God if he is obedient to God.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 23:17
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Sorry for the link but it's all I can do right now.....

THE WATCHTOWER (STUDY EDITION) APRIL 2015

How real to you is your personal relationship with Jehovah? Would you like to strengthen it? James 4:8 tells you how you can do that: “Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you.” Note that this is a two-way process. * As we take steps to draw cl ...[text shortened]... me. How can you have a relationship with anyone if you don't use their name, their correct name?
    I agree with most of that. A relationship with God is about obedience to God and following the commandments of Christ.

However the last part about calling Him by the right name is baloney. You have trivialized God and brought him down God to your level of pettiness.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 23:38
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I agree with most of that. A relationship with God is about obedience to God and following the commandments of Christ.

However the last part about calling Him by the right name is baloney. You have trivialized God and brought him down God to your level of pettiness.
    Joel 2:32
    And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved; For on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be those who escape, just as Jehovah has said, The survivors whom Jehovah calls.”

Romans 10:13
    For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”

Acts 2:21
    And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”’

Yes most bibles and people have scoffed at his name and have even taken it out of Jehovah's gift to us, the bible. Such a bad mistake.......
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 23:42
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Joel 2:32
    And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved; For on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be those who escape, just as Jehovah has said, The survivors whom Jehovah calls.”

Romans 10:13
    For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”

Acts 2:21
    And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”’ ...[text shortened]... is name and have even taken it out of Jehovah's gift to us, the bible. Such a bad mistake.......
    You think God is an ignoramus that does not know who people are calling whether they use God, Jehovah, and the dozens of other names by which he goes. You take it upon yourself to pick some name and claim its the only right one?
  8. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    07 Mar '17 00:29
    Are you condemning Christians. Dont you know that these are your brothers in Christ? 🙂
    Darn right i know that, and i will bring the fire of God down on them as well when the time comes.

The Christians who know the law. The Law will not save them in the end. What is the Law? The Laws are thought only as the Laws of God, But what is the Law? The Law of God is Jesus. Jesus is the Word of God, and the Word of God was given to Moses. This is why i asked sonhouse if he could find Jesus in the Old Testament. But Sonhouse doesn't comprehend who and what Jesus is. Challenge him to think without condemning him.

It is the Christians who say on one hand, you must know who Jesus is, yet they themselves have no idea. The fullness of Jesus, The Holy Spirit within. Where has this been taught in all these arguments. The Christians preach the letter of the law and forget the spirit of the law.

If you are really in love with God, give your place in heaven to sonhouse. Give it to him and his family. It is the only thing we really own that we can give. Is your faith/love strong enough to know God loves you to, and will honor your gift. Can you give without knowing what will happen to you after?
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Mar '17 01:03
    You think God is an ignoramus that does not know who people are calling whether they use God, Jehovah, and the dozens of other names by which he goes. You take it upon yourself to pick some name and claim its the only right one?
    Yep. You know your asking for ones input here but it seems it's only if it fits your ideas. Not nice....
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Mar '17 03:58
    Im not assuming anything. He is misleading people and drawing them away from the commandments of Christ. Do you think that is a good thing?
    I have not seen him say anything about not doing good works, or to disobey Christ. You
    are actually closer to doing that in my opinion, the way you dismiss people needing to go
    to Christ, and telling them good works is enough without Jesus. I honest don't see how
    you can read scripture and think God doesn't want a relationship with us, we are being
    adopted into His family for crying out loud. Just to touch upon some of the scriptures I
    have shared with you already, I'll highlight the parts you should not want to miss.

Colossians 1:27
    To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you , the hope of glory:

2 Corinthians 13:5
    Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you , except ye be reprobates?

John 17:3
    And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1 John 5:20
    And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

1 Corinthians 2:16
    For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

2 Corinthians 4:6
    For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

2 Thessalonians 1:8
    In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

2 Peter 3:18
    But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

The scriptures is filled with passages like these, He in us, us in Him. Part of Jesus prayer
    when He was talking about those to come, should also be one in God, so that the world
    may know, "that the world may believe that thou hast sent me." Believing in Jesus is so
    vital I don't see how you dismiss it and claim it isn't necessary. You've seen the passage
    where it says people are condemn already that do not believe in Him. It is not just a nice
    to have *believing in Christ* is necessary to avoid condemnation!

John 17:
    20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
    21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Mar '17 04:04

- Christ dwells in ...[text shortened]... when you live according his commandments.

Its all about obedience and following commandments.
    You are adding to the Word, why don't you just quote scripture instead of putting your
    spin on it to twist into meaning something it doesn't say. I do believe we will be doing works,
    and we need to repent, so don't twist my words into suggesting I'm pushing either of those.
  12. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    07 Mar '17 05:12
    Whether or not you enter the Kingdom of God is based on your ability to follow the commandments of Christ and your obedience to God.

It has nothing to do with you professing your faith with your mouth .. thats just a false doctrine which you preach

Romans 10: 10, "For with your heart you believe and are justified, and with your mouth you confess and are saved.…"

So you are saying this verse of scripture is false? Is that it?
  13. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    07 Mar '17 05:17

So what is the pass mark? Following his commands 100% of the time? 90%? 50%?

All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Mar '17 13:051 edit

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So then the concept of a relationship with God and Christ is biblical.
    Then you should be more careful. If you would retract or clarify your former misstatement that would be best.

For you wrote to KellyJay:

15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Mar '17 13:08
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b] A person has a relationship with God if he is obedient to God.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So then the concept of a relationship with God and Christ is biblical.
    Then you should be more careful. If you would retract or clarify your former misstatement that would be best.

For you wrote ...[text shortened]...
    [/b]
    This is hilarious, humans thinking a god would give a shyte about them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree