a reprobate mind

a reprobate mind

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Jun 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Genesis 26
4“I will multiply your descendants as the stars of heaven, and will give your descendants all these lands; and by your descendants all the nations of the earth shall be blessed; 5because [b]Abraham obeyed Me and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes and My laws.

Numbers 14
24“But My servant Caleb, because he has had a differ ...[text shortened]... ommandments and requirements of the Lord.

Evidently God sees things differently from you.[/b]
All fall short, but still the righteous will enter the Kingdom of God.
Jesus referred to those who do good works as righteous.

Some Christians find themselves in the trap of behaving like the one talent servant who did nothing because he thought it was a hopeless case. This is an example of the mindset of the lazy servant and the disobedient Christian. Whats the point in working or obeying Christ if they are not righteous enough. Its sad.

Moves
20 Jun 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Genesis 26
4“I will multiply your descendants as the stars of heaven, and will give your descendants all these lands; and by your descendants all the nations of the earth shall be blessed; 5because [b]Abraham obeyed Me and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes and My laws.

Numbers 14
24“But My servant Caleb, because he has had a differ ...[text shortened]... ommandments and requirements of the Lord.

Evidently God sees things differently from you.[/b]
Romans 3:20-22

Therefore no one will be justified in His sight by works of the Law. For the Law merely brings awareness of sin. But now, apart from the Law, the righteousness of God has been revealed, as attested by the Law and the Prophets. And this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.

No one is justified by their works. Read Hebrews 11 and you will see that those in the old testament who had faith were made righteous.

Moves
20 Jun 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
All fall short, but still the righteous will enter the Kingdom of God.
Jesus referred to those who do good works as righteous.

Some Christians find themselves in the trap of behaving like the one talent servant who did nothing because he thought it was a hopeless case. This is an example of the mindset of the lazy servant and the disobedient Christian. Whats the point in working or obeying Christ if they are not righteous enough. Its sad.
We are not made righteous by works but by faith. Those who have been made righteous by their faith will be lead by the Spirit of God into doing good works, so that all the glory goes to God and not to ourselves.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jun 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
We are not made righteous by works but by faith. Those who have been made righteous by their faith will be lead by the Spirit of God into doing good works, so that all the glory goes to God and not to ourselves.
What is weird with Christians like you is that nobody ever will tell you not to do good works or that your good works are not good. BUT you seem to want to tell others whether or not their good works are good.

I suggest you leave that decision to Christ.

You have faith .. great.
You do good works .. great again.

Let Christ judge the works of others.

Moves
20 Jun 17
1 edit

What is weird with Christians like you is that nobody ever will tell you not to do good works or that your good works are not good. BUT you seem to want to tell others whether or not their good works are good.

I suggest you leave that decision to Christ.

You have faith .. great.
You do good works .. great again.

Let Christ judge the works of others.
What do you think you are achieving by giving atheists false hope that they can be saved by works without faith when the Bible is very clear on the issue?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jun 17

What do you think you are achieving by giving atheists false hope that they can be saved by works without faith when the Bible is very clear on the issue?
Been though this already.. Jesus will judge me.

And the Bible says that those who do good works are children of God.
Those who dont are children of the devil / goats, who are destined for destruction.

What is also clear too is that Christians who do no good works are worse off than atheists. Thats clear in the Bible.
Why are you not telling your fellow Christians that?

Moves
20 Jun 17

Been though this already.. Jesus will judge me.

And the Bible says that those who do good works are children of God.
Those who dont are children of the devil / goats, who are destined for destruction.

What is also clear too is that Christians who do no good works are worse off than atheists. Thats clear in the Bible.
Why are you not telling your fellow Christians that?
Did I ever say they shouldn't do good works? How are they worse off than atheists? You are either saved or damned.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jun 17

Did I ever say they shouldn't do good works? How are they worse off than atheists? You are either saved or damned.
How are they worse? You dont know your Bible. You listen to too much church doctrine.

Yes you are either saved or damned. Those who do good works are saved, those who dont are damned... Jesus said that. I believe Jesus. you dont apparently Read Matt 25.

How are they worse? Read the opening post in the thread Best and Worse,

Moves
20 Jun 17

How are they worse? You dont know your Bible. You listen to too much church doctrine.

Yes you are either saved or damned. Those who do good works are saved, those who dont are damned... Jesus said that. I believe Jesus. you dont apparently Read Matt 25.

How are they worse? Read the opening post in the thread Best and Worse,
I don't know my Bible says the guy who blanks out every verse that says we are not saved by works. I have asked you this before, lets see if I get a response this time. If the words spoken by Christ are all you need for your doctrine on salvation, why was the rest of the Bible written?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jun 17
2 edits

I don't know my Bible says the guy who blanks out every verse that says we are not saved by works. I have asked you this before, lets see if I get a response this time. If the words spoken by Christ are all you need for your doctrine on salvation, why was the rest of the Bible written?
I answered this already but clearly you lack the ability to retain information. The Apostles say the very same thing Jesus Christ did. Your cherry picking is the cause of your failure to grasp the entire doctrine of Paul and other Apostles. If anyone is ignoring the rest of the Bible is you. All the Apostes say exactly what Im saying

Lets start with this:
Who enters the Kingdom of God?
Jesus said the righteous which is those who do good works
Paul said those who live righteously and do good works
Peter said the righteous
James said those who do good works
John said those who follow the commandments of Christ.

Your problem like many church Christians around here is that you see only the few passages which say that they are saved by grace through faith.. like this one:

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV)

You dont read further, because if you did you would see that Paul says this:

Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.(Ephesians 5:1-5 KJV)

Those who get eternal life in the Kingdom are those who do good works, live righteously and avoid a life of sin

Try reading the whole Bible. Dont stop at saved by grace, because you like how that sounds.

Moves
20 Jun 17

I answered this already but clearly you lack the ability to retain information. The Apostles say the very same thing Jesus Christ did. Your cherry picking is the cause of your failure to grasp the entire doctrine of Paul and other Apostles. If anyone is ignoring the rest of the Bible is you. All the Apostes say exactly what Im saying

Lets start with this ...[text shortened]... ]

Try reading the whole Bible. Dont stop at saved by grace, because you like how that sounds.
Would you ever consider the notion that having faith is what enables you to live righteously? Because that way the words of Jesus are true and the words of the apostles are true and there is no contradiction.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jun 17

Would you ever consider the notion that having faith is what enables you to live righteously? Because that way the words of Jesus are true and the words of the apostles are true and there is no contradiction.
Define faith then?

Professing that you believe? How does that make you live righteously?

F

Moves
21 Jun 17

You think atheists are concerned about being "saved" by a supernatural being?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
Nice one 😀

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
I'm sure in the back of their minds they must have a back up plan for if God exists.