a reprobate mind

a reprobate mind

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
19 Jun 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
Anyone can claim to believe in God, their actions will mostly demonstrate whether they actually do.
Don't the actions of non-believers demonstrate whether they are morally sound and good people?

F

Moves
19 Jun 17
1 edit

Conveniently you will say so.
Neither one of us needs to repeat himself, the fact you obviously feel you need to, notwithstanding.

F

Moves
19 Jun 17

Who other than God could administer 'perfect justice'?
You insist that your notion of "justice" is perfect; I accept that the notion of "justice" in action I see around the world is not perfect. Where does that leave us?

F

Moves
19 Jun 17

Anyone can claim to believe in God, their actions will mostly demonstrate whether they actually do.
So we can know that someone believes in god if they don't "sin", they don't engage in morally unsound acts, and they don't commit crimes?

If they do any of these things it demonstrates ...what? That the don't "actually" believe in god?

Moves
19 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
Don't the actions of non-believers demonstrate whether they are morally sound and good people?
Morally sound and good according to whose standard?

Moves
19 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
You insist that your notion of "justice" is perfect; I accept that the notion of "justice" in action I see around the world is not perfect. Where does that leave us?
No I am saying it can only be perfect if it is administered by an omniscient and just God.

F

Moves
19 Jun 17

Morally sound and good according to whose standard?
Yours for example? You have met morally sound and good people who didn't believe in your god figure, right?

Moves
19 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
Yours for example? You have met morally sound and good people who didn't believe in your god figure, right?
According to God's standard, no is good only God.

F

Moves
19 Jun 17

No I am saying it can only be perfect if it is administered by an omniscient and just God.
Oh? So you are not insisting that your notion of divine "justice" is perfect then?

F

Moves
19 Jun 17

According to God's standard, no is good only God.
You have not met morally sound and good people who didn't believe in your god figure?

Moves
19 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
Oh? So you are not insisting that your notion of divine "justice" is perfect then?
If God is perfect, which I think He is, then His justice is also perfect.

Moves
19 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
You have not met morally sound and good people who didn't believe in your god figure?
All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. That includes believers and non-believers.

F

Moves
19 Jun 17

If God is perfect, which I think He is, then His justice is also perfect.
These are mere assertions about the subjects of your superstition. Good for you if this sort of stuff dilutes or inhibits how bad a person you are, for instance - that's welcome - but there's nothing here to form a basis for people who don't share your superstitions.

F

Moves
19 Jun 17

All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. That includes believers and non-believers.
This strikes me as a pointlessly negative prism through which to view family, friends, neighbours, and my fellow humans at large.

T

Moves
19 Jun 17
2 edits

Genesis 26
4“I will multiply your descendants as the stars of heaven, and will give your descendants all these lands; and by your descendants all the nations of the earth shall be blessed; 5because Abraham obeyed Me and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes and My laws.

Numbers 14
24“But My servant Caleb, because he has had a different spirit and has followed Me fully, I will bring into the land which he entered, and his descendants shall take possession of it.

2 Kings 22
1Josiah was eight years old when he became king, and he reigned thirty-one years in Jerusalem; and his mother’s name was Jedidah the daughter of Adaiah of Bozkath. 2He did right in the sight of the LORD and walked in all the way of his father David, nor did he turn aside to the right or to the left.

Luke 1
  5In the days of Herod, king of Judea, there was a priest named Zacharias, of the division of Abijah; and he had a wife from the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth. 6They were both righteous in the sight of God, walking blamelessly in all the commandments and requirements of the Lord.

Evidently God sees things differently from you.