a reprobate mind

a reprobate mind

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
Define faith then?

Professing that you believe? How does that make you live righteously?
As I said before you are conflating faith with mouth worship. I have defined faith in a post addressed to you. Have you forgotten?

F

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
I'm sure in the back of their minds they must have a back up plan for if God exists.
What kind of "back up plan"? And for which ones of the thousands of gods that human imaginations have come up with?

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
What kind of "back up plan"? And for which ones of the thousands of gods that human imaginations have come up with?
Go back and read what I said (in context), I'm sure you'll figure it out.

F

Moves
21 Jun 17
1 edit

Go back and read what I said (in context), I'm sure you'll figure it out.
An answer to my two questions would be more interesting than you sidestepping them in this way.

Moves
21 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
An answer to my two questions would be more interesting than you sidestepping them in this way.
Why should I repeat myself? One answer is directly given and the other can be deduced from the context of the conversation.

F

Moves
21 Jun 17

Why should I repeat myself? One answer is directly given and the other can be deduced from the context of the conversation.
What would be the nature, do you imagine, of this "back up plan" that atheists would have regarding a god figure they don't believe exists?

F

Moves
21 Jun 17

I'm sure in the back of their minds [atheists] must have a back up plan for if God exists.
Do you mean the "God" that you yourself just so happen to personally believe in, or do you think atheists might have thousands of "back up plans" for the thousands of gods that have emerged from human cultures for millennia?

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
What would be the nature, do you imagine, of this "back up plan" that atheists would have regarding a god figure they don't believe exists?
As I said before my post on the previous page has the answer. Read it a couple times, I'm sure you'll figure it out.

F

Moves
21 Jun 17

As I said before my post on the previous page has the answer. Read it a couple times, I'm sure you'll figure it out.
The previous page has some details that illustrate the nature of a "back up plan" that you claim atheists may have for your god figure?

F

Moves
21 Jun 17

What do you think you are achieving by giving atheists false hope that they can be saved by works without faith when the Bible is very clear on the issue?
You think that atheists doing "good works" is part of a "back up plan" to get "saved"?

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
You think that atheists doing "good works" is part of a "back up plan" to get "saved"?
Well according to Rajk all you need to do to be saved is do some 'good works', so an atheist that does 'good works' could be working on a back up plan to get saved in case God were to exist.

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
You seem a little slow this morning, are you feeling ok?

F

Moves
21 Jun 17

FMF: You think that atheists doing "good works" is part of a "back up plan" to get "saved"?

Well according to Rajk all you need to do to be saved is do some 'good works', so an atheist that does 'good works' could be working on a back up plan to get saved in case God were to exist.
And why do you think this would give "hope" to non-believers, i.e. people who do not believe that there is any such thing as being "saved"?

F

Moves
21 Jun 17

FMF: You think that atheists doing "good works" is part of a "back up plan" to get "saved"?

You seem a little slow this morning, are you feeling ok?
Once again, you appear not to have any idea what a lack of belief in supernatural beings and phenomena actually is. I don't think there is anything "slow" about me pointing it out.

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
And why do you think this would give "hope" to non-believers, i.e. people who do not believe that there is any such thing as being "saved"?
Well if you don't need faith to be saved and good works can cut it, then surely the odd atheist who deep down is wondering what if i'm wrong and God exists, will think as long as I do the odd good works I'll be grand.