1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 19:41
    Originally posted by stoker
    read rjhinds reply i have no better
    He will not ask me for He does not want to here the truth.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 19:451 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    He will not ask me for He does not want to here the truth.
    there are two angels named in scripture, Gabriel and Michael, there is one archangel
    mentioned in scripture, Michael. Fact, no references to spurious verses or ancient
    uninspired church fathers or Ethiopian texts changes this fact. This is truth.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 19:55
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    there are two angels named in scripture, Gabriel and Michael, there is one archangel
    mentioned in scripture, Michael. Fact, no references to spurious verses or ancient
    Well you have to be insane to think that God has only 2 angels, and only 1 archangel. The heavenly host numbers many billions.
  4. England
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 19:56
    if you stick to the bible and do not seek out scripture other than the ones collected together, then your learning is limited that is not what god wants for his works to be ignored the bible is the start [a good start] and for the seekers of truth then he has more
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 19:57
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Well you have to be insane to think that God has only 2 angels, and only 1 archangel. The heavenly host numbers many billions.
    The first mention of an archangel is during Enoch's journey through Sheol (Hell)
    and Heaven. Enoch comes across a place where God had bound some angels for ten
    thousand years because He was angry with them. And I quote:

And the archangel Uriel said to me, "Here shall stand the angels who have been
    attached to women. Their spirits, assuming many different forms, are defiling
    mankind and will lead them astray into sacrificing to demons as gods. Here
    they shall stand till the day of the winds of Heaven which turn and bring the
    circumference of the sun and all the stars to their setting."
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 19:581 edit
    I have stated that there are two named in scripture and one archangel. are you saying that its incorrect? accuracy was not your strong point Raj.
  7. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 20:012 edits
    Hi, yes this is clear, but its not really an issue because we do not profess that one
    should worship Christ nor pray to him, in fact it seems that those doing so are
    worshipping the creation rather than the creator. Worship of angels as always been
    forbidden as far as i can discern, some refusing even to give their names lest it detract
    from ...[text shortened]... , it suddenly becomes an act of worship. Its interesting to follow their bias in
    this regard.
    That makes sense. The relevant scriptural passages within which you'll have to read 'worship' as 'bow down' or 'do obeisance' use the Greek term proskyneo. But there are a whole cartload of passages where this term is also used when Jesus is describing the proper attitude towards God (e.g., John 4:23,24). So could you help me understand why, in those passages in Hebrews, you'll want to translate proskyneo as 'bow down' or something similar? Are there any scriptural passages where you'll want to translate proskyneo as 'worship'?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 20:02
    The first mention of an archangel is during Enoch's journey through Sheol (Hell)

attached to women. Their spirits, assuming many differ ...[text shortened]... eaven which turn and bring the
    no there is one archangel mention in scripture, his name is Micheal, there rest are
    merely angels, you are lying, AGAIN. I an uninterested in your extra biblical claims i
    am interested in what is in the Bible not what is not.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 20:03
    I have stated that there are two named in scripture and one archangel. are you saying that its incorrect? accuracy was not your strong point Raj.
    In your opening post, you are used this info to wrongly conclude that there is only ony archangel. Thats a false assumption.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 20:03
    Originally posted by stoker
    if you stick to the bible and do not seek out scripture other than the ones collected together, then your learning is limited that is not what god wants for his works to be ignored the bible is the start [a good start] and for the seekers of truth then he has more
    i dont think so, i prefer the apostles words, do not go beyond what is written, we are drawing conclusions on the basis of what is in scripture, not from that which is not.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 20:04
    In your opening post, you are used this info to wrongly conclude that there is only ony archangel. Thats a false assumption.
    Then name the other as mentioned in scripture, that being the Bible as we have it today.
  12. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 20:05
    First i must apologise to Whodey who raised this question for it was asked in sincerity
    (i think) and was met with a rather abrupt answer not becoming a servant of the
    most high, therefore one shall endeavour to treat this with as much reasonableness
    as is possible under the circumstances.

(Jude 9) But when Michael the archangel had a differe ...[text shortened]... o by that name since his return to heaven where he resides
    as the glorified spirit Son of God.
    Michael is the Archangel of the fire element. I thought you knew all this. 😕
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 20:08
    Originally posted by bbarr
    That makes sense. The relevant scriptural passages within which you'll have to read 'worship' as 'bow down' or 'do obeisance' use the Greek term proskyneo. But there are a whole cartload of passages where this term is also used when Jesus is describing the proper attitude towards God (e.g., John 4:23,24). So could you help me understand why, in those p ...[text shortened]... y scriptural passages where you'll want to translate proskyneo as 'worship'?
    Consistency should be kept throughout me thinks, and the reader should be allowed to
    use their discernment whether an act of obeisance is one of worship or not. It seems
    to me that to translate it inconsistently and to determine in some instances that its
    obeisance and others that its worship is to impose ones bias upon scripture.
  14. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 20:09

attached to women. Their spirits, assuming many differ ...[text shortened]... eaven which turn and bring the
    What translation is that? The passage you're quoting is Chapter 19, Verse 1 of Enoch. But in none of the translations I've read has that verse started off with the term 'archangel'; they just say 'Uriel'.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 20:09
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Michael is the Archangel of the fire element. I thought you knew all this. 😕
    fire element?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree