Archangel Michael

Archangel Michael

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
25 Oct 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Christ has numerous titles, lord of the harvest, son of man, faithful and true witness etc etc
That's certainly right. So do you believe that Jesus is Abaddon?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
25 Oct 11

Originally posted by galveston75
Why do you say this is a "bad guy"?

(Abaddon) [from Heb., meaning “Destruction”].
At Revelation 9:11 this Hebrew word is transliterated into the English text. There we read concerning the symbolic plague of locusts that they have “a king, the angel of the abyss. In Hebrew his name is Abaddon, but in Greek he has ...[text shortened]... At Revelation 19:11-16 he is clearly represented as God’s appointed Destroyer or Executioner.
Copy paste from...?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
25 Oct 11

Originally posted by galveston75
You have to answer my question first. Why do you call him a bad guy?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abaddon

Please answer bbar's question. Do you believe Jesus is Abaddon?

j

Moves
25 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by bbarr
You forgot one, "Abaddon" (Rev 9:11), but he's a bad guy.

Well strictly speaking "angel" is just a messenger. So Jesus Christ is a "Messenger" of of God in that sense. I firmly believe that "The Angel of Jehovah" in the Old Testament is the Son of God before His incarnation.

Now we come to "the messenger of the abyss" in Revelation 9:11.

"They have a king over them, the angel of the abyss; his name in Hebrew is Abaddon; and in Greek he has the name Apollyon" (Rev. 9:11)

This king over the demonic locusts, this "angel of the abyss" is a MAN. This is the Antichrist.

However, it is a little more involved. The physical body of a great world leader will be killed. Then he will be rescusitated. He will come back to life by a Satanic miracle. When he does the spirit of Ceasar Nero will come up out of the realm of death, out of this abyss, and it will inhabit the body of this slain and resurrected Antichrist.

This extraordinary person, the Antichrist, will be Nero's spirit and soul come up from the abyss and put into the body of the slain and resucitated Antichrist.

This evil man is called Abaddon in Hebrew and Apollyon in Greek. That is a great Destroyer.

Many skeptical and unbelieving people will be swepts away in persuasion at the death and resurrection of this man. He will make Christopher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins sound like sunday school kids.

The tide of deception will be so strong that millions will not be able to resist the lie.

This is a man and not an angelic creature.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Oct 11

Originally posted by divegeester
Copy paste from...?
He is only bringing this up in hopes it will serve like a smoke screen to
obscure the truth.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
26 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by jaywill

Well strictly speaking "angel" is just a messenger. So Jesus Christ is a "Messenger" of of God in that sense. I firmly believe that "The Angel of Jehovah" in the Old Testament is the Son of God before His incarnation.

Now we come to "the messenger of the abyss" in R not be able to resist the lie.

Wow, OK. What scriptural references do you use to justify this interpretation? I'm not trying to be difficult. I'm really curious. Because here we have one entity, Abaddon, which the JW's seem to identify as Jesus himself, and you identify as the Antichrist.

rc

Moves
26 Oct 11

That's certainly right. So do you believe that Jesus is Abaddon?
I dunno, i have never really thought about it, i am open to the possibility though.

rc

Moves
26 Oct 11

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abaddon

Please answer bbar's question. Do you believe Jesus is Abaddon?
please answer where you found the assertion that Christ states that he is Almighty God
incarnate. where is it divesgeester?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Oct 11

Originally posted by jaywill

Well strictly speaking "angel" is just a messenger. So Jesus Christ is a "Messenger" of of God in that sense. I firmly believe that [b]"The Angel of Jehovah"
in the Old Testament is the Son of God before His incarnation.

Now we come to "the messenger of the abyss" in R ...[text shortened]... not be able to resist the lie.

Let's not get side-tracked. That is what they are trying to do.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Oct 11

I dunno, i have never really thought about it, i am open to the possibility though.
"never" or "never really" thought about it?

Come on speak the truth please.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
26 Oct 11

Yeah, this seems like a tough exegetical issue, requiring some interpretive leaps regardless of your position. It's a pretty interesting case, though. A debate on it between different camps would be like a master class in Biblical exegesis.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
26 Oct 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Let's not get side-tracked. That is what they are trying to do.
Relax. Can't we explore this stuff without getting all huffy or accusing folks of arguing in bad faith?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Oct 11

Nothing would surprise me now to be honest.

rc

Moves
26 Oct 11
2 edits

"never" or "never really" thought about it?

Come on speak the truth please.
no its something that i have never thought about, i mean, i cannot remember the first
time i thought, oh i wonder who abbadon the destroyer is. I am more inclined to
spend my days thinking about making love with my wife, fishing and why i suck at
chess, but abbadon, nope, cant remember the last time it crossed my mind

where did he say it divesgeester, where?

rc

Moves
26 Oct 11

Yeah, this seems like a tough exegetical issue, requiring some interpretive leaps regardless of your position. It's a pretty interesting case, though. A debate on it between different camps would be like a master class in Biblical exegesis.
I am sure the Gmam posted some scriptural references, Christ having the keys of
hades etc, yes i think it borders on conjecture, but like you say, its interesting that the
two camps are diametrically opposed.