Attributes of God

Attributes of God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Jul 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Did you see that I replied to him?
I asked you about your communication skills yesterday.

One thing you would benefit from reading up on is the difference between a “reply” and an “answer”, as you seem to think that merely posting a “reply” of itself constitutes an “answer” to the question put to you.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Jul 22

@divegeester said
I asked you about your communication skills yesterday.

One thing you would benefit from reading up on is the difference between a “reply” and an “answer”, as you seem to think that merely posting a “reply” of itself constitutes an “answer” to the question put to you.
When I respond with an answer and you don't like it or understand it is not my fault.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
When I respond with an answer and you don't like it or understand it is not my fault.
The point is that most of the time, and I DO mean most of the time, your responses are not an “answer” to the question specifically put to you.

What you often do is post a block of text about whatever is in your mind which might be loosely connected to the topic and then you do what you are doing after your reply to Indonesia Phil… you pretend you have “answered” the question and double down when pressed on it.

You know you do this, your detractors know you do this and it makes you look disingenuous, dishonest and furtive about your beliefs.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Jul 22

@divegeester said
The point is that most of the time, and I DO mean most of the time, your responses are not an “answer” to the question specifically put to you.

What you often do is post a block of text about whatever is in your mind which might be loosely connected to the topic and then you do what you are doing after your reply to Indonesia Phil… you pretend you have “answered” the ...[text shortened]... ctors know you do this and it makes you look disingenuous, dishonest and furtive about your beliefs.
As I said

IP

Moves
08 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
I said God is good, and everything He does is good, but that does not mean
everything that happens will be good. God's righteousness is also in play, and
allowing us to do what we will is part of the fruit of our actions put into
motion so that several things we do will lead to very bad, even evil, results.

Cursing the earth because we were in charge of it, cursing us ...[text shortened]... s when we run afoul of
God's ways and takes upon ourselves our desires anyway we want to take them.
According to your beliefs, your god has control over all things genetic, and only does good things, and everything that he does is good. Please explain to us what you think is good about a kid born to have a brain tumour.

Where is the 'righteousness' ? The fruit of which particular action makes the child deserve to be given the predetermination to develop a brain tumour when it's three years old? What 'several things' has the child done at the point of its' conception to deserve the curse of your god? What 'desires' have an egg and sperm manifested at the point of fertilization to deserve the curse of your god?

Millions of people such as yourself flock to church every Sunday to thank your god for his goodness and mercy; such collective idiocy and ignorance defies other description.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jul 22

@indonesia-phil said
According to your beliefs, your god has control over all things genetic, and only does good things, and everything that he does is good. Please explain to us what you think is good about a kid born to have a brain tumour.

Where is the 'righteousness' ? The fruit of which particular action makes the child deserve to be given the predetermination to develop a brain ...[text shortened]... your god for his goodness and mercy; such collective idiocy and ignorance defies other description.
One thing you seem to be over looking is we are eternal beings the good things and bad that happen here are restricted to just this life. God’s perspective is greater than ours so what is and isn’t important with respect to eternity will not be the same in our eyes and His. One of the things Jesus pointed out God is the God of the living not the dead.

I am not sure why you are raising that as an issue, it is not like what you believe changes the heath and well being of anyone. Denying God changes nothing in this world as far as results are concerned it only removes hope.

F

Moves
09 Jul 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
.I am not sure why you are raising that as an issue, it is not like what you believe changes the heath and well being of anyone.
Maybe he is raising it because it demonstrates that your fantastical beliefs are morally incoherent.

F

Moves
09 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
Denying God changes nothing in this world as far as results are concerned it only removes hope.
If your belief in God gives you some sort of "hope" with regard to the babies with brain tumours that Indonesia Phil mentioned, all well and good. But your "hope" does not create a reality that Indonesia Phil is "denying".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jul 22

@fmf said
Maybe he is raising it because it demonstrates that your fantastical beliefs are morally incoherent.
So you never say anything derogatory about my faith. You simply can’t help yourself can you?

F

Moves
09 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
So you never say anything derogatory about my faith.
Pointing out that faith is a function of cognition is not being "derogatory" about it. Indeed, I have stated many times that faith gives people solace and purpose in life and helps them come to terms with the inevitability of death. That is something I respect 100%. What I HAVE been "derogatory" ~ i.e. candid ~ about from time to time has been your intellectual and interpersonal behaviour.

F

Moves
09 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
So you never say anything derogatory about my faith.
To argue that your torturer God ideology is morally incoherent is not to say something "derogatory" about it.

F

Moves
09 Jul 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
You simply can’t help yourself can you?
Oh, the irony. Go back and read any of my tens of thousands of posts - addressed to you - across literally thousands of threads - stretching back 10 or more years - and see how intellectually honest, tenaciously consistent, and cogently argued I have been in expounding upon my beliefs - and then get back to me with your prideful drivel about my supposedly "ever-changing beliefs". It is YOU who can't help himself.

F

Moves
09 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
So you never say anything derogatory about my faith. You simply can’t help yourself can you?
Indonesia Phil: Please explain to us what you think is good about a kid born to have a brain tumour. Where is the 'righteousness'?

KellyJay: [trying to wriggle away from addressing Indonesia Phil's point] I am not sure why you are raising that as an issue, it is not like what you believe changes the heath and well-being of anyone.

FMF: [treating your evasive reply to Indonesia Phil as if you had offered it in good faith] Maybe he is raising it because it demonstrates that your fantastical beliefs are morally incoherent.

KellyJay: [having been given a valid reason for why he is raising the issue, you deflect with a mixture of ad hominem and victim card playing] So you never say anything derogatory about my faith. You simply can’t help yourself, can you?

You should reflect on how you come across and the gimmicky, disingenuous way you so often behave.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
As I said
Yeah. So many times.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jul 22

@fmf said
To argue that your torturer God ideology is morally incoherent is not to say something "derogatory" about it.
You talk about my faith more than I do.