Attributes of God

Attributes of God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
09 Jul 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
You talk about my faith more than I do.
Thanks for the clunky dodge. No surprise there: it was an inconvenient observation for you.

You talk about your personal opinions about supernatural matters [i.e. your faith] all the time, just as I talk about mine.

What differentiates us - of late - is that you have been pretending not to know what my beliefs are and/or lying about them, which is not something I do to you.

You seem to have some kind of inferiority complex that eats away at your integrity.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jul 22

@fmf said
Thanks for the clunky dodge. No surprise there: it was an inconvenient observation for you.

You talk about your personal opinions about supernatural matters [i.e. your faith] all the time, just as I talk about mine.

What differentiates us - of late - is that you have been pretending not to know what my beliefs are and/or lying about them, which is not something I do to you.

You seem to have some kind of inferiority complex that eats away at your integrity.
You are so full of yourself; you talk about me; you talk about my faith; you tell
others the what and why I say things as if you can read my mind, and know my
thoughts and motivations. You claim I can only have an opinion or call me
a liar when you don't like my opinion. It would be best to spend a little more
time self-reflecting instead of telling everyone why they can not know what you
disagree with and are lying when they say things you don't like.

F

Moves
09 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
You are so full of yourself; you talk about me; you talk about my faith; you tell
others the what and why I say things as if you can read my mind, and know my
thoughts and motivations.
Yes, I talk about your beliefs. And I talk about mine. You talk about mine. When it suits you, you pretend not to know what mine are. I never do that to you. I don't "read your mind". I just read what you post. But I don't lie about what you say about your beliefs.

F

Moves
09 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
You claim I can only have an opinion or call me
a liar when you don't like my opinion.
When I disagree with your opinion, I debate it with you. I only call you out for lying when you deliberately claim something you know to be false.

F

Moves
09 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
It would be best to spend a little more
time self-reflecting instead of telling everyone why they can not know what you
disagree with and are lying when they say things you don't like.
You can claim to "know" whatever you want, KellyJay. Nothing is stopping you.

But, to be clear, I only claim you are lying when you lie; it has nothing to do with how much I "like" or dislike whatever your opinions happen to be.

You are now starting to pretend not to understand why and when exactly you are being called out for lying. And so it continues. Ho hum.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jul 22

@fmf said
Yes, I talk about your beliefs. And I talk about mine. You talk about mine. When it suits you, you pretend not to know what mine are. I never do that to you. I don't "read your mind". I just read what you post. But I don't lie about what you say about your beliefs.
Stop bringing it up; stop using it to justify your stance; I'm fine never talking
about you. I don't write posts to talk about you and what you have said, but
you and dive do with me and others. You stop diminishing my discussions about,
oh, that is your opinion and call me a liar because you don't like my opinion, we
will be happy; I don't think you are capable; you have to talk about others. I don't
think you have a conversation without turning it into a personal discussion. You
cannot even stay out of a conversation I'm having with others without jumping
in and telling everyone what I am thinking and why.

Go two days in conversations without turning it personal; I bet you cannot without
not saying anything at all.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
I don't write posts to talk about you and what you have said, but
you and dive do with me and others.
Yes you do! You do it all the time.
You’ve talked about FMF and his Christianity in minute detail in hundreds and hundreds of posts across dozens of threads.

Are you mentally challenged, deluded or just a blatant liar!

F

Moves
09 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
I don't write posts to talk about you and what you have said.
Gosh.

F

Moves
09 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
I don't think you are capable; you have to talk about others. I don't
think you have a conversation without turning it into a personal discussion.
There is arguably nothing much more personal than one's beliefs in these matters. Everything you post is "personal". And this is a discussion forum.

F

Moves
09 Jul 22

A little volley of lies designed, presumably, to kick message board sand in my face - it doesn't work - he gets called out for it, looks shabby, looks silly, and yes, suddenly KellyJay is asking for me to stop posting for a while [two days] to "reflect". Comedy gold, as they say.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jul 22

@fmf said
A little volley of lies designed, presumably, to kick message board sand in my face - it doesn't work - he gets called out for it, looks shabby, looks silly, and yes, suddenly KellyJay is asking for me to stop posting for a while [two days] to "reflect". Comedy gold, as they say.
I will put my money where my mouth is; I don't think you can. I'm not going to direct
any comment about you or dive personally here in any forum for the next two days
starting now, I'll stay on a topic only.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
I will put my money where my mouth is; I don't think you can. I'm not going to direct
any comment about you or dive personally here in any forum for the next two days
Don’t hold back on my account, say what you want.

Just be consistent and not hypocritical about it.

🙂

F

Moves
09 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
Sounds to me like you are trying to put some distance between yourself and the silly disingenuous things you said recently.

IP

Moves
09 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
One thing you seem to be over looking is we are eternal beings the good things and bad that happen here are restricted to just this life. God’s perspective is greater than ours so what is and isn’t important with respect to eternity will not be the same in our eyes and His. One of the things Jesus pointed out God is the God of the living not the dead.

I am not sure why yo ...[text shortened]... one. Denying God changes nothing in this world as far as results are concerned it only removes hope.
So having said a few posts ago that your god does only good things, now it turns out (according to you) that he does bad things as well. Please at least try to be consistent in your beliefs, rather than make it up as you go along. So you are now saying that the people who suffer horribly and die young as the direct result of your gods' tinkering around with the genetic code aren't important to him, which doesn't sit well with your good and merciful god idea.

'One of the things Jesus pointed out God is the God of the living not the dead.'
What on earth are you on about now?

I'm raising it as an issue because I'm trying to get a coherent idea as to why you think it is that if your god controls all things genetic, all of the time, he causes so much suffering as a consequence. The only logical conclusion that one can come to is that if that which you believe to be true were true, he must either not be very good at it, or he must be a sadist.

My only hope in the context of our discussion is that just for once you give a straight answer, and one which doesn't completely contradict something which you have said previously. My hope grows ever fainter in this regard.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jul 22
1 edit

@indonesia-phil said
So having said a few posts ago that your god does only good things, now it turns out (according to you) that he does bad things as well. Please at least try to be consistent in your beliefs, rather than make it up as you go along. So you are now saying that the people who suffer horribly and die young as the direct result of your gods' tinkering around with the genetic ...[text shortened]... tely contradict something which you have said previously. My hope grows ever fainter in this regard.
We can kill to save life, or to steal and destroy due to hate. God gives life and takes it away unlike us He sees the beginning and the end. As He works things together as He sees fit, taking even the evil things done in this life for evil intent and turns them into good for His purposes.

If this life was it, it would be easier to grasp what is really important as we could see the beginning and the end. Seeing limitations or what we would call deformity isn’t seeing the whole person, we are more than our physical bodies.

There are people in the world, we are not divided into groups of good ones and bad ones, all the things that happen to us are common to all man. One can get sick, get healthy, get rich or poor so regardless we all move from this life to the next. There in eternity we will grasp the importance of all things and what was and was not important here because of our blinders we have.