Attributes of God

Attributes of God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
26 Jul 22

@mike69 said
You know nothing about how I am in person, I just let people like you assume and create. Just more foolish ideas you think you know.
What I do know about you is what your posts are like. The same goes for what you know about me. If you think I only have "foolish ideas", that's fine by me.

Moves
26 Jul 22

@fmf said
@mike69
There are dozens of active posters on these forums. I suggest you find a few who want to chat with you.
Not chatting, just trying to point out how you are as if everyone doesn’t already know. I would contribute if you didn’t have an agenda for fun, boredom, distaste of, and you weren’t so dishonest.

F

Moves
26 Jul 22

@mike69 said
Not chatting, just trying to point out how you are as if everyone doesn’t already know.
It is your prerogative to suggest you speak on behalf of "everyone".

F

Moves
26 Jul 22

@mike69 said
I would contribute if you didn’t have an agenda for fun, boredom, distaste of, and you weren’t so dishonest.
As I said, if you don't like my contributions to the discussions here, so be it.

Moves
26 Jul 22

@fmf said
What I do know about you is what your posts are like. The same goes for what you know about me. If you think I only have "foolish ideas", that's fine by me.
Have a feeling I’m not alone😉. I agree about not knowing your true self either, you make it really difficult.

Moves
26 Jul 22

@fmf said
As I said, if you don't like my contributions to the discussions here, so be it.
I agree, back at you.

F

Moves
26 Jul 22

@mike69 said
I agree about not knowing your true self either, you make it really difficult.
I have no interest in you "knowing" me, and I don't really care if you find it "really difficult".

Moves
26 Jul 22

@fmf said
I have no interest in you "knowing" me, and I don't really care if you find it "really difficult".
Have a great day today fmf may Gods love and peace fill your heart and guide your actions with joy in him always.

IP

Moves
26 Jul 22

@mike69 said
So intellect is challenging something with insults that’s much more than a mere belief to many around the world. Not to mention the fact that while doing so your saying its like living in the dark ages and obliviously were stupid people as per you for doing so. Sounds as though your a very one sided person in mind and judgement and should put more thought in most precious one.
'Many around the world' also believe in different gods and prophets, which have just as much validity and 'truth' for those who believe in them as does the Christian faith for Christians, and how much respect do we see expressed for these other faiths by Christians here? As far as I'm concerned people can believe in whichever mythology they wish to, (and it is only belief, be it 'mere' or otherwise) which is for the far greater part a matter of where one happens to have been born; my only objection comes when they try to present their god or profit as 'fact', which none of them are, of course, which is why it's called 'faith' or 'belief'. If you think this makes me 'one - sided' in my mind and judgement then you're welcome to your opinion, of course.

I've put a few posts on here and elsewhere which have asked some very fundamental questions of the Christians who post here, and all that one gets in response are insubstantial and often morally bankrupt statements about the omnipotence and all - goodness of a god, who, for example, messes with genetic inheritance at the point of conception, thus ensuring that the child conceived has a short, miserable and painful life, but that's okay because god did it, and he does only good things. A better explanation for me is that genetic inheritance is often naturally and biologically flawed, (you know, science) something which nobody need take or claim responsibility for, it's just nature, you know, but that explanation is it seems unacceptable to some Christians. Do you have any take on that?

Your sentence containing '...obliviously were stupid people as per you...' makes no sense, no matter how much thought I put into it, so I can't really respond to that one.

Moves
26 Jul 22

@indonesia-phil said
'Many around the world' also believe in different gods and prophets, which have just as much validity and 'truth' for those who believe in them as does the Christian faith for Christians, and how much respect do we see expressed for these other faiths by Christians here? As far as I'm concerned people can believe in whichever mythology they wish to, (and it is only bel ...[text shortened]... ..' makes no sense, no matter how much thought I put into it, so I can't really respond to that one.
Thank you for stopping by, as your friend @divegeester might write at anyone else who might take the time to post a thoughtful reply.

Moves
26 Jul 22

@indonesia-phil said
'Many around the world' also believe in different gods and prophets, which have just as much validity and 'truth' for those who believe in them as does the Christian faith for Christians, and how much respect do we see expressed for these other faiths by Christians here?
I don’t know?. I do know that I would find that wrong and my hand is always stretched out with respect in those situation’s. It’s also interesting to learn about people. You wrote a ton above, I can’t answer all at one time right now but will as the day goes. I would ask how often you hear this in this forum, me none, or at people of no faith just your little group. Have you thought you do the same thing to Christian’s that your complaining about here. If you can move in that direction of judgement with us, why not yourself. Also if you’ll do it here as you do you would do the same to all of the faiths., weak.

F

Moves
27 Jul 22

@mike69 said
Have a great day today fmf may Gods love and peace fill your heart and guide your actions with joy in him always.
Thanks for the well-intentioned wishes.

Moves
27 Jul 22

@fmf said
Thanks for the well-intentioned wishes.
Your welcome my friend!🤝

Moves
27 Jul 22

@indonesia-As far as I'm concerned people can believe in whichever mythology they wish to, (and it is only belief, be it 'mere' or otherwise)
You see the thing is I believe in as much as you don’t believe and that your totally wrong and blind on the subject. So for a conversation in understanding one another where do we go from that point without judgement. The thing is I don’t just believe in, trust the Bible, over the years through my one on one relationship, answered prayers, along with so much more belief changes to reality speaking for myself only😉.

Moves
27 Jul 22

which is for the far greater part a matter of where one happens to have been born; my only objection comes when they try to present their god or profit as 'fact', which none of them are, of course, which is why it's called 'faith' or 'belief'. If you think this makes me 'one - sided' in my mind and judgement then you're welcome to your opinion, of course.
I’ve thought about that also and wish I had all the answers, it’s Gods choice. For me it seems to be part of a larger plan either because of timing, lack of ability for that understanding yet possibly when more growth occurs??, it’s Gods choice. God new us before we were born as per, then it does seems like we’re randomly placed around this broken world. I feel we’re all born with a connection to God with a more or less empty mind at birth that pulls at times in everyone’s life for our own particular life story, challenge’s and growth for Gods glory hopefully, as we do have free will. People who never heard of the Bible will still have that connection although possibly not understood and shows outward differently but the same we would have to know them to know that to see.