Attributes of God

Attributes of God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
27 Jul 22

@indonesia-phil
goodness of a god, who, for example, messes with genetic inheritance at the point of conception, thus ensuring that the child conceived has a short, miserable and painful life, but that's okay because god did it, and he does only good things. A better explanation for me is that genetic inheritance is often naturally and biologically flawed, (you know, science) something which nobody need take or claim responsibility for, it's just nature
Seems things are designed that way in nature doesn’t it. Who what when where and why, im not God or could I even begin to have his intelligence, understanding, needs?, everything, but we will know. it’s a fallen world, also this isn’t heaven we all go through all, it’s where/how well we draw our understanding, strength grace and love from that makes the difference when getting back up and how well we do it and grow and move from it๐Ÿ˜‰. One thing different from nature is that it’s not the same for nature. My child had the length of life as numbered by God with all the love of God given to him by us throughout with none of the down sides you mentioned. If life had all those things for him, constant terrible pain and severe defects along with no hope of wellness we would have aborted. This would have been done after much praying and consulting of others not knowing if correct but out of love and mercy with the willingness to be judged for it.

Moves
27 Jul 22

@indonesia-phil said
Your sentence containing '...obliviously were stupid people as per you...' makes no sense, no matter how much thought I put into it, so I can't really respond to that one.
The one sidedness of your attitude/words used in the way you did you were putting Christianity and believers down. I was saying that’s obviously how you think of us for the reason stated above, I believe it to be true you don’t so where do we go from here? Hopefully two people treating one another as people with respect towards one another while discussing sensitive issues through a lack of understanding. Do you expect to understand and feel God unplugged versus someone who is?

IP

Moves
27 Jul 22

@mike69 said
I don’t know?. I do know that I would find that wrong and my hand is always stretched out with respect in those situation’s. It’s also interesting to learn about people. You wrote a ton above, I can’t answer all at one time right now but will as the day goes. I would ask how often you hear this in this forum, me none, or at people of no faith just your little group. Have ...[text shortened]... ot yourself. Also if you’ll do it here as you do you would do the same to all of the faiths., weak.
We're talking about Christianity, which hugely dominates this forum's content: if a believer in the Hindu gods came on here I'm sure we'd be discussing the Hindu religion, which would actually make a refreshing change. I make no distinction in this regard between any of the religions.

I don't have a religion, so judging myself on my religious beliefs is difficult. If you think I'm wrong not to have religious beliefs then judge away. The point is that if someone makes a statement of fact in a public forum about there being a divine, all - powerful creator, then questioning or asking for a rationale or justification for that statement is I think acceptable. I have no argument with anyone who says 'I believe that my god created the earth.' (for example) , where I take issue is with someone who says 'My god created the earth.' It's those three little words that make all the difference....

IP

Moves
27 Jul 22

@mike69 said
You see the thing is I believe in as much as you don’t believe and that your totally wrong and blind on the subject. So for a conversation in understanding one another where do we go from that point without judgement. The thing is I don’t just believe in, trust the Bible, over the years through my one on one relationship, answered prayers, along with so much more belief changes to reality speaking for myself only๐Ÿ˜‰.
I don't think there are degrees of not believing, it isn't something which I have to put any effort into. I don't even regard myself as being an atheist, since I don't regard there to be anything to be atheistic about. My position regarding all religions is absolutely neutral. Myself and she who is most beloved are frequent visitors to Bali, where the atmosphere of Hindu spirituality which pervades the place is something which we 'enjoy', and which stirs the soul, however one may define that. I'm in awe of the architecture and atmosphere of cathedrals, and Buddhist temples; all manifestations of humankind's search for meaning beyond this temporary and tempestuous life, but I can't nail my underpants to the mast of any particular belief in a life hereafter.

IP

Moves
27 Jul 22

@mike69 said
Seems things are designed that way in nature doesn’t it. Who what when where and why, im not God or could I even begin to have his intelligence, understanding, needs?, everything, but we will know. it’s a fallen world, also this isn’t heaven we all go through all, it’s where/how well we draw our understanding, strength grace and love from that makes the difference when getti ...[text shortened]... of others not knowing if correct but out of love and mercy with the willingness to be judged for it.
I'm sorry, but this is something which sails a bit too close to the wind in terms of your personal experience for me to be comfortable about discussing; for me, none of this is personal, since with a couple of exceptions I don't know anybody on these forums, and anyway some things are best left unsaid on a public forum.

I'll probably leave here for a bit, I've got a lot of other stuff to get on with, but just to be clear, I bear no ill - will toward anyone, and wish a good life to one and all.

Moves
27 Jul 22

@indonesia-phil said
I'm sorry, but this is something which sails a bit too close to the wind in terms of your personal experience for me to be comfortable about discussing; for me, none of this is personal, since with a couple of exceptions I don't know anybody on these forums, and anyway some things are best left unsaid on a public forum.

I'll probably leave here for a bit, I've got ...[text shortened]... with, but just to be clear, I bear no ill - will toward anyone, and wish a good life to one and all.
Go ahead my mind frame isn’t of pity, attention, or anything else like that but to answer your question honestly since you asked me personally I gave my personal experience. The next part I figured would be your next question.

Moves
27 Jul 22

@Indonesia-Phil
I’ll finish on that subject also by saying I know his passing, along with his life both were for a greater purpose I don’t know yet-not bad just purposeful.

Moves
27 Jul 22

@Indonesia-Phil
Dang it๐Ÿ˜€, I’m not done sorry. The reason for that post is that I felt led, and if it helps someone else struggling along these lines maybe it will add comfort and the glory be to God.

Moves
28 Jul 22

@mike69 said
@Indonesia-Phil
The reason for that post is that I felt led
Which post are you referring to?

Moves
28 Jul 22

@divegeester said
Which post are you referring to?
If you have something to say say it.

F

Moves
03 Aug 22
1 edit

@mike69 said
Your bitterness and hate shines bright!
Why are you fixated on claiming I "hate" or feel "hatred" towards people here? It's a silly, impotent kind of banter.

Moves
03 Aug 22

@fmf said
Why are you fixated on claiming I "hate" or feel "hatred" towards people here? It's a silly, impotent kind of banter.
Because of the content of your post and lack of understanding and silliness of most of them. Turning in have a good day or night wherever you actually are.

Moves
03 Aug 22

@FMF
Just went back and read my post. It was a question not an accusation. I know you read well.

Moves
03 Aug 22

@mike69 said
If you have something to say say it.
Which post were you referring to when you said you “felt led”?

Moves
03 Aug 22

@divegeester said
Which post were you referring to when you said you “felt led”?
All you have to do is read it’s not hard to figure out.