Attributes of God

Attributes of God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
24 Jul 22

@divegeester said
Firstly that “truth” (Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life) is a metaphor. You see even Jesus understood how to use and interpret metaphors, something you are so painfully incapable of.

Secondly, even that “truth”, is not objective, it is subjective.

(I’m sure you’ll write a block of faith blurb now about having a relationship with Jesus which is real and therefore the truth and what not, and completely duck away from what I’ve actually written.)
First: Could you show your work and explain how you were able to determine that?

Second: Truth is a fixèd star, Eileen Aroon.

Third: Never mind @KellyJay. How would that be any of your business?

Why don't you tell us about your relationship with Jesus, if any?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
25 Jul 22

@kevin-eleven said
This looks a lot like a little triad of connected friends ganging up on @kellyjay to challenge his beliefs.

I hope all three of you get the boot.
This is a debate forum; try to get a grip on your flakey emotionalism.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
25 Jul 22

@kevin-eleven said

Why don't you tell us about your relationship with Jesus, if any?
Maybe start a thread asking people to share this.

IP

Moves
25 Jul 22

@kevin-eleven said
This looks a lot like a little triad of connected friends ganging up on @kellyjay to challenge his beliefs.

I hope all three of you get the boot.
What's wrong with challenging beliefs, it's how intellect and human consciousness evolves. and develops. If someone states that their god is the only, all - powerful and only good and righteous god, who can do whatever he/she wants with no regard to any moral issues or the suffering that his/her decisions cause, then challenging that statement is an acceptable thing to do, don't you think? Judged only by its' history and past actions, 'The Church' is one of the most evil institutions ever to have existed, and all done in the name of an only good and righteous god. Needs a bit of challenging, I would say....It isn't the fault of those who wrote the bible, things were different a couple of thousand years ago, but our understanding of science and how the world works has moved on since then, and in my opinion the sooner mythology, unfounded beliefs (other than in the written word, which is notoriously unreliable) and dodgy moral absolutes are removed from the equation, the better it will be for everyone. Life and philosophy are complex, and should live somewhere other than in the Dark Ages. Banging the religious rocks together doesn't cut the mustard anymore, if you will excuse my mixed metaphores.

Moves
26 Jul 22

@indonesia-phil said
What's wrong with challenging beliefs, it's how intellect and human consciousness evolves. and develops. If someone states that their god is the only, all - powerful and only good and righteous god, who can do whatever he/she wants with no regard to any moral issues or the suffering that his/her decisions cause, then challenging that statement is an acceptable thing to ...[text shortened]... he religious rocks together doesn't cut the mustard anymore, if you will excuse my mixed metaphores.
So intellect is challenging something with insults that’s much more than a mere belief to many around the world. Not to mention the fact that while doing so your saying its like living in the dark ages and obliviously were stupid people as per you for doing so. Sounds as though your a very one sided person in mind and judgement and should put more thought in most precious one.

F

Moves
26 Jul 22

@mike69 said
So intellect is challenging something with insults that’s much more than a mere belief to many around the world. Not to mention the fact that while doing so your saying its like living in the dark ages and obliviously were stupid people as per you for doing so. Sounds as though your a very one sided person in mind and judgement and should put more thought in most precious one.
I read through the post by Indonesia Phil you are replying to and I don't see the "insults" you mention.

Yes, I can see there's stuff he said that you don't agree with. But "insults"?

This, of course, got me to thinking: why are you complaining about non-existing "insults"?

And then a reread of Indonesia's Phil's post reveals the answer: You are dismissing the points he made as "insults" because you don't want to, or can't, tackle them.

Hence your play-the-man-not-the-ball post.

Now, you might think your approach makes you seem pugnacious and robust. But it doesn't. It makes you seem brittle and uninterested in discussing the issues at hand.

Moves
26 Jul 22

@fmf said
I read through the post by Indonesia Phil you are replying to and I don't see the "insults" you mention.

Yes, I can see there's stuff he said that you don't agree with. But "insults"?

This, of course, got me to thinking: why are you complaining about non-existing "insults"?

And then a reread of Indonesia's Phil's post reveals the answer: You are dismissing the points ...[text shortened]... robust. But it doesn't. It makes you seem brittle and uninterested in discussing the issues at hand.
in my opinion the sooner mythology, unfounded beliefs (other than in the written word, which is notoriously unreliable) and dodgy moral absolutes are removed from the equation, the better it will be for everyone. Life and philosophy are complex, and should live somewhere other than in the Dark Ages.

For one that said they answer questions you still haven’t even answered my last asked of you in this thread? You get the respect you show, do you not think his post could have been written by him in a different manner with his actual intellect.

F

Moves
26 Jul 22
1 edit

@mike69 said
For one that said they answer questions you still haven’t even answered my last asked of you in this thread?
What you have quoted is a legitimate perspective. [1] It is not merely an "insult" ~ and thus somehow dismissed by you saying so; [2] you still haven't addressed the perspective ~ and are just mewling about it; and now [3] here you are trying to deflect by making it about me.

F

Moves
26 Jul 22

@mike69 said
You get the respect you show, do you not think his post could have been written by him in a different manner with his actual intellect.
I think his post was bang on the money.

F

Moves
26 Jul 22

@mike69 said
For one that said they answer questions you still haven’t even answered my last asked of you in this thread?
If I'd thought that you asked me a question worth answering, and that you were an interlocutor entitled to my indulgence, then I would have answered it. Notice that I haven't asked you about your personal faith story.

Moves
26 Jul 22

@fmf said
What you have quoted is a legitimate perspective. [1] It is not merely an "insult"; [2] you still haven't addressed it; and now [3] here you are trying to deflect by making it about me.
Why would I address it, in my opinion he’s acting like a fool and by his wording he isn’t wanting to discuss anything. You get the respect you show. Still hasn’t caught on for you either 😉 if it’s even a different person 🙂.

F

Moves
26 Jul 22

@mike69 said
Why would I address it, in my opinion he’s acting like a fool and by his wording he isn’t wanting to discuss anything.
Indonesia Phil has been discussing it with KellyJay for page after page after page ~ and for years prior to this occasion. If your reaction is to declare that Indonesia Phil is a "fool", then so be it.

Moves
26 Jul 22

@fmf said
If I'd thought that you asked me a question worth answering, and that you were an interlocutor entitled to my indulgence, then I would have answered it. Notice that I haven't asked you about your personal faith story.
It gives me an understanding of where you as the op are coming from as an ex Christian asking the questions. Are you afraid to share for understanding as you accuse so many of doing.

F

Moves
26 Jul 22

@mike69 said
You get the respect you show. Still hasn’t caught on for you either.
Don't worry, it "caught on" for me about 50 years ago. And so, you also get the respect and indulgence from me that I think you deserve.

Moves
26 Jul 22

@fmf said
Indonesia Phil has been discussing it with KellyJay for page after page after page ~ and for years prior to this occasion. If your reaction is to declare that Indonesia Phil is a "fool", then so be it.
Who cares and thank you few more also I could throw out.