Being righteous, doing God's righteousness works.

Being righteous, doing God's righteousness works.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
208d

@medullah said
Allow me to explain what you describe as my date fixation.

We are given one date to observe, and that is be Christ himself. Luke records at 22:15 that Jesus spoke to his disciples saying “I have greatly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer..”

The Passover festival took place on the 14th Day of Nisan (Numbers 9:13)
So was this just another Passover c ...[text shortened]... s's own words at Matt 6:24 “No one can serve two masters.”

I'd rather err on the side of caution.
All that nonsense about what Pagans did is irrelevant. This is the kind of thing that the Jews were fond of doing. .. making a big issue about days, and seasons and celebrations ... its all irrelefant. Paul addressed that

One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. (Romans 14:5-6 KJV)

There is no virtue in allowing some Pagan nonsense to dictate your life. If you want to thats great. Encouraging others, I think is wrong. Why? Jesus never said to worry about that. Its petty nonsense.

Now who was Jesus speaking to when he said 'do this in remembrance of me'? He was speaking to the 12 disciples. Do you think that Jesus was negligent when addressing the thousands and thousands? He did not mention that to them. With good reason. That is not for them. Likewise the matter of going door to door preaching. Jesus does not expect, neither does he want all the billions of Christians to go door to door preaching, neither does he expect them all to break bread and drink wine in remembrance of Him.

Jesus wants people to live righteously and do good works.
Jesus wants his disciples to preach.
Jesus wants his disciples to break bread and drink wine in remembrance of him
Jesus said all people who do good works and live righteously will enter the Kingdom of God.
All who dont will be cast. Nobody is going to be cast out because they celebrated Christmas, or they failed to break bread and drink the wine.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
203d
1 edit

@rajk999 said
All that nonsense about what Pagans did is irrelevant. This is the kind of thing that the Jews were fond of doing. .. making a big issue about days, and seasons and celebrations ... its all irrelefant. Paul addressed that

[i]One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the ...[text shortened]... to be cast out because they celebrated Christmas, or they failed to break bread and drink the wine.
From John

Jesus answered them and said, “Verily, verily I say unto you, ye seek Me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye ate of the loaves and were filled.

Labor not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of Man shall give unto you; for on Him hath God the Father set His seal.”

Then said they unto Him, “What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?”

Jesus answered and said unto them, “This is the work of God: that ye believe in Him whom He hath sent.”

-------------
This Jesus said that to the crowds so even by your ridiculous standard it is for everyone. Jesus just a little later said to the same crowd.

Also from John
---------------------------------------
And this is the will of Him that sent Me: that every one who seeth the Son and believeth in Him may have everlasting life, and I will raise him up at the Last Day.”

----------------------
Paul also stresses this in an open letter so it too is for everyone.
----------------------
Romans 4:5-7
21st Century King James Version
But to him that worketh not, but believeth in Him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness,

even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, saying,

“Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven and whose sins are covered.
---------------------------
It doesn't matter how many are in a conversation if the conversation has to do with truths that apply to everyone. Context we see Jesus and Nicodemus talking about spiritual truths about the Kingdom of God, the truth spoken about there was not for Nicodemus alone, to suggest otherwise isn't something that can be justified.
----------------------------------
John 3
21st Century King James Version
There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews.

The same came to Jesus by night and said unto Him, “Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God; for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, unless God be with him.”

Jesus answered and said unto him, “Verily, verily I say unto thee, unless a man be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.”

Nicodemus said unto Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”

Jesus answered, “Verily, verily I say unto thee, unless a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Marvel not that I said unto thee, ‘Ye must be born again.’

The wind bloweth where it will, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.”

Nicodemus answered and said unto Him, “How can these things be?”

Jesus answered and said unto him, “Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

Verily, verily I say unto thee, we speak what we know and testify what we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

If I have told you earthly things and ye believe not, how shall ye believe if I tell you of heavenly things?

And no man hath ascended up to Heaven, but He that came down from Heaven, even the Son of Man who is in Heaven.

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up,

that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

“He that believeth in Him is not condemned; but He that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

And this is the condemnation: that Light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.”

I think not alot

On my arse

Moves
202d

Thankyou.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
202d

@kellyjay said
Can anyone do the righteous works of God without first being made righteous by God? If all our good works are simply our own done in our power or piety, then are not all our good works, not done with God so they are simply ours? Will God accept them as enough for our righteousness to enter into His Kingdom?

No, because the Father seeks those who will worship in Spirit a ...[text shortened]... sus Christ, without the Son you do not have the Father, without the Spirit of God you are not God's.
Sanctify: a word that shows something is set apart and called to make something different, God sanctifies us unto Himself and we are called to sanctify God unto us. Those who do not do this or have God do it to them are avoiding God and running from Him. We are called to abide in Christ, we are called to be connected to the vine who is Christ that we might produce good fruit, we are called to do the works of God, all of which require God in our lives, without the Spirit of God we are not His, to have the hope within us, means we need the Lord.

Deuteronomy 5:12
“‘Keep the Sabbath day to sanctify it, as the Lord thy God hath commanded thee.

Leviticus 20:8
“‘And ye shall keep My statutes and do them: I am the Lord who sanctify you.

Joshua 3:5
And Joshua said unto the people, “Sanctify yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you.”

2 Chronicles 29:5
and said unto them, “Hear me, ye Levites! Sanctify now yourselves, and sanctify the house of the Lord God of your fathers, and carry forth the filthiness out of the holy place.

John 17:17
Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy Word is truth.

1 Thessalonians 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 13:12
Therefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people with His own blood, suffered outside the gate.

1 Peter 3:15
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and be ready always to give an answer to every man who asketh you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear.

F

Moves
201d

@kellyjay said
1 Peter 3:15
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and be ready always to give an answer to every man who asketh you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear.
Interesting that you would cite this verse when you are clearly one of the most bitterly pessimistic, negative, and misanthropic posters among us.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
198d

@fmf said
Interesting that you would cite this verse when you are clearly one of the most bitterly pessimistic, negative, and misanthropic posters among us.
Don't be shy, tell him how you really feel.

F

Moves
197d
1 edit

@suzianne said
Don't be shy, tell him how you really feel.
You have the banter of an adolescent.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
196d

@fmf said
You have the banter of an adolescent.
Clearly not, or it wouldn't twist your undies half as much.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
196d

@rajk999 said

[i]One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the ...[text shortened]... to be cast out because they celebrated Christmas, or they failed to break bread and drink the wine.
"Jesus said all people who do good works and live righteously will enter the Kingdom of God."

No, Jesus never said that He wants us all to do good works but in order of importance we need to believe in Him, and we need to repent, just doing a good work is not enough to enter into the Kingdom of God no matter how righteous you think you are living. You are always leaving Jesus out of the equation for us, and settling on human effort.

F

Moves
196d

@suzianne said
Clearly not, or it wouldn't twist your undies half as much.
You are overestimating the effect of the dreary stuff you post.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
194d
1 edit

@fmf said
You are overestimating the effect of the dreary stuff you post.
You're still talking about it.

But then you are known to attack people over other innocuous postings.

Does your ego really need that mush massaging?

We know @divegeester's does.

F

Moves
194d
1 edit

@suzianne said
You're still talking about it.

But then you are known to attack people over other innocuous postings.

Does your ego really need that mush massaging?

We know @divegeester's does.
What are you droning on like an adolescent about now?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
190d
1 edit

@fmf said
What are you droning on like an adolescent about now?
Flying under your radar is fun. Sue me.

Apparently you don't even have the sense of an adolescent. It's often like talking to one's grandpa.

F

Moves
190d

@suzianne said
Flying under your radar is fun. Sue me.
"Sue" you for what?

"Under" my radar in what way?

F

Moves
190d

@suzianne said
Apparently you don't even have the sense of an adolescent. It's often like talking to one's grandpa.
You stalk your grandpa day after day trying to heap feeble scorn upon him?