1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 May '17 22:582 edits
    Apparently, according to his profile, @robbie-carrobie has decided this is no place (RHP) for a Jehovah's Witness. I remember you saying this a few times Galveston75, but you're still here.

I wonder if this really has more to do with Robbie being caught up in, and found out in the Clans cheating debacle which is currently being debated here: Thread 172816, and here: Thread 172815.

Seems far more plausible than throwing a hissy-fit because of something that was said in this Spirituality forum, especially seeing as he was ignoring most of his detractors anyway.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 May '17 23:11
    If he ever thought his contributions here on the Spirituality Forum were promoting the integrity of his religious group, or demonstrating the decency and equilibrium that his beliefs were supposed to afford him, then he was missing the mark.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 May '17 23:27
    Thing is when I was like 6 I really liked the Watchtower covers. I remember there were a few that depicted peoples of different colours,animals, mountains and waterfalls all coexisting in seeming harmony and love. I thought much of the world was like that .
    Forward 36 years and my little mental image based on the watchtower cover has been bruised and battered beyond recognition. Because we are all supposed to grow up.
    I did agree with a few of their ideas, but as I discovered without truth and full disclosure there can never be a harmonious world like that. And the way the JWs treat their members just beggars belief.
    I wouldn't be surprised if many people leave the JWs in droves
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 May '17 00:121 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Thing is when I was like 6 I really liked the Watchtower covers. I remember there were a few that depicted peoples of different colours,animals, mountains and waterfalls all coexisting in seeming harmony and love. I thought much of the world was like that .
    Forward 36 years and my little mental image based on the watchtower cover has been bruised and b ...[text shortened]... ir members just beggars belief.
    I wouldn't be surprised if many people leave the JWs in droves
    I wouldn"t get dewy eyed too quickly, he will probably be back when the heat over his cheating in the Clan league wears off. It's quite a big deal in there at the moment and he has well and truly had his tartan underpants pulled down.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 May '17 00:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    If he ever thought his contributions here on the Spirituality Forum were promoting the integrity of his religious group, or demonstrating the decency and equilibrium that his beliefs were supposed to afford him, then he was missing the mark.
    Look who's talking. Your contribution to this forum is nothing less than duplicitous.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 May '17 00:32
    Originally posted by josephw
    Look who's talking. Your contribution to this forum is nothing less than duplicitous.
    I get how you might disagree strongly. I get how you might find some of it disrespectful. But I don't see how you can claim my contributions are deceitful.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 May '17 00:35
    FMF: If he ever thought his contributions here on the Spirituality Forum were promoting the integrity of his religious group [...] then he was missing the mark.

Look who's talking.
    Well. it's me who's talking and, unlike robbie, I don't claim to represent a religious group.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 May '17 00:58
    Robbie has been called out for his intellectual dishonesty in this forum over and over again, now he has been caught out in chess dishonesty and left the site under the pretence of religious intolerance and bigotry. There is only one person who the finger of duplicity should be aimed at, and that's why he's skulked off.

I remember you being all pally with him a while back, in the GF; I told you then you were making a mistake in doing so.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 May '17 01:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    But I don't see how you can claim my contributions are deceitful.
    So you say.

But you do see because you know I know exactly what you're doing here.
  10. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    06 May '17 01:05
    Did the issue ever get resolved to anyone's satisfaction? I'm talking about clan members resigning games when the outcome of the tournament is already decided?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 May '17 01:11
    Originally posted by Tom Wolsey
    Did the issue ever get resolved to anyone's satisfaction? I'm talking about clan members resigning games when the outcome of the tournament is already decided?
    Did you follow the two links in my OP?
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 May '17 01:16
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Robbie has been called out for his intellectual dishonesty in this forum over and over again,..
    The same can be said of others.

I think I liked robbie in spite of our differences. But I hear what you're saying. I'm not aware of the details surrounding the clan debacle. Sorry to hear though that robbie left under false pretenses.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 May '17 01:19
    Sorry to hear though that robbie left under false pretenses.
    That's just my take on it, you can decide for yourself.
  14. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    06 May '17 01:22
    Where does peace and love come from. Do we have to kick ass and break bones first?

ooh, ninja monk! Does that not make you smile.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 May '17 01:24
    Originally posted by apathist
    ...ooh, ninja monk! Does that not make you smile.
    Friday night kicking in early?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree