Moves
    18 Oct '18 14:10
    @suzianne said
    bro
    [broh, bruh] Slang

noun, plural bros
    1. a brother.
    2. a male friend or buddy.
    3. a guy or fellow: used as a term of address.
    4. a fellow black male; soul brother.
    5. a young, usually white male variously and often negatively characterized as being preppy, party-loving, egotistical, sexist, etc.

adjective
    1. of or relating to bros: the bro culture of college ...[text shortened]... able cover for the front end of an automobile to protect it from road debris.

You're welcome.
    Maybe he has been hanging out with South African expats.

bro/bra/bru/boet/boetie – a close male friend and a term of affection used by one male to another. All words are variations of the word "broer" in Afrikaans meaning "brother".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_South_African_slang_words
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '18 16:031 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Everyone are sinners, from the singular to the groups, it is without exception.
    How can “leaders” be “full of sinners” KellyJay?

How does that work.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 Oct '18 17:09
    @divegeester said
    How can “leaders” be “full of sinners” KellyJay?

How does that work.
    It's quite simple really: ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '18 21:55
    @philokalia said
    Lol

I'm not a racist.
    Err... lol...(sic) yes you are.
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    18 Oct '18 22:36
    @fmf said
    So your riff about the IQ of black Americans and cannibalism is something you blame on alcohol?
    No, but you're interpreting it wrong. In fact, cannibalism has zero to do with black Americans or even moder Africans. It was a point about human history.

Moreover, if the IQs of different groups are radically different (as tests show that they are), the cause is environmental, is it not?

So how would it be racist to point that out?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '18 22:53
    @philokalia said
    No, but you're interpreting it wrong. In fact, cannibalism has zero to do with black Americans or even moder Africans. It was a point about human history.

Moreover, if the IQs of different groups are radically different (as tests show that they are), the cause is environmental, is it not?

So how would it be racist to point that out?
    You were claiming a while back in the debates forum that intelligence levels were linked to race. You were pilloried for it.
  7. S. Korea
    Moves
    18 Oct '18 22:58
    @divegeester said
    You were claiming a while back in the debates forum that intelligence levels were linked to race. You were pilloried for it.
    Sure, the Left outnumbers the right and many were upset.

But, for environmental and cultural reasons, the numbers do come out consistently differently.

Or something.

Isnt that exactly how you explain it, dive?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '18 23:161 edit
    @philokalia said
    Sure, the Left outnumbers the right and many were upset.

But, for environmental and cultural reasons, the numbers do come out consistently differently.

Or something.

Isnt that exactly how you explain it, dive?
    Yes that’s right you were claiming levels of intelligence were differentiated by genetic levers, so not acuatilly by environmental ones at all.

You’re a racist
  9. S. Korea
    Moves
    18 Oct '18 23:42
    I mentioned that there were many arguments along those lines, and I brought a few of them forward because I think they are interesting and very hard to account for.

I am not a racist because I do not hate anybody or believe in the mistreatment of anyone.

I think it is a tragedy that people cannot discuss these things without accusations and politically charged accusations.

But you are a W. European so you have been conditioned to immediately clutch at your pearls whenever the topic comes up. I get it. Maybe, though, just try to calm down and not exasperate yourself.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Oct '18 23:49
    @divegeester said
    It's a common misperception of white supremacists.
  11. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Oct '18 00:13
    OK, let's play stupid word games...

I'm an Asian supremacist.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '18 00:35
    @philokalia said
    You chose to conflate them. It sounded like Alex Jones in the 3rd hour of one of his three-hour rants.
  13. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Oct '18 00:45
    I'm sorry you feel that way.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '18 00:56
    @philokalia said
    I'm sorry you feel that way.
    I felt the sudden unsolicited juxtaposition was a dog whistle. Whether it was some kind of 'originality' on your part empowered by a large dose of rhetorical 'Dutch courage' or whether it was a dog whistle juxtaposition that you'd picked up from some "new" far-right confirmation bias website you like to visit and you were simply regurgitating it, I cannot say.
  15. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Oct '18 01:21
    Based off of your track record with following things that I say accurately, it probably has more to do with your biases towards anything that I write and your desire to willfully misinterpret everything that your opponents write.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree