"Christian" Trump supporters

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
07 Oct 18

@dj2becker said
Will you tell us if you voted for or against Brexit and why?
I’ve posted openly, forthrightly and unequivocally on this topic in the debates forum for the last two years.

Moves
07 Oct 18

@rbhill said
I voted also for Trump because of the Mark Taylor prophecies about Trump back in 2011. Google Seord Rescue.
Considering the other prophesies of Mark Taylor did not come to pass, do you now see him as a false prophet?

I’m betting you will dodge the question.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Oct 18

@kazetnagorra said
You seem to follow two contradictory lines of thought here. On the one hand, you appear to claim that the degree of "sinfulness" of Donald Trump does not matter, since everyone (in your view) is a sinner. On the other hand you are questioning whether or not Donald Trump really is a "sinner." Which one is it?
What are you going on about and why?
Everyone is a sinner. I wasn't doing a sin test, that something you do?

S. Korea

Moves
07 Oct 18

@kazetnagorra said
It is not "my" system, but anyway...

Multi-party systems differ in that people are encouraged to think more carefully about their vote. Having multiple parties generally assures that if you don't like a certain party, there will be another one not too different, as opposed to a two-party system where the opposing party is viewed as radically different. Hence, the trib ...[text shortened]... d political representatives are a more faithful reflection of the political views of the electorate.
Sure, but we have an electoral college and t his necessitates that we do business in a bit different way. We have two nationally recognized parties, and the difference between a New Jersey Republican and an Arkansas Republican are very clear, and the subtle differences between, say, a California Republican and a Texan Democrat also are interesting...

It's already quite complex, with lots of variations, but I guess for people who are not that invested it looks more tribalistic.

But there is something to be said of the fact that right Libertarians & right authoritarians do have some significant parallels that they do not share even with the authoritarians/libertarians across the aisle from them. So, I respect the system as it stands.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
07 Oct 18

Where did he get a prophecy of his wrong? Or did he just understand it wrong?

Moves
07 Oct 18
1 edit

@rbhill said
Where did he get a prophecy of his wrong? Or did he just understand it wrong?
Don’t you bother to track the prophesies of people you believe to be influenced supernaturally?

Aren’t you aware of the instruction to “test the spirits”? And to be aware that if a prophet makes a prophecy which fails to come to pass then that man is a false prophet?

Are you so buried in your American political and religious dogma that you just swallow every piece of junk-food spirituality that happens to support your own partisan beliefs?

Look him up, google him, read about him as a subject. He has made multiple prophesies which has comically failed to come to pass.

K

Germany

Moves
07 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
What are you going on about and why?
Everyone is a sinner. I wasn't doing a sin test, that something you do?
So your view - from the perspective of a Christian - is that sinning isn't bad because everyone is a sinner anyway?

K

Germany

Moves
07 Oct 18

@philokalia said
Sure, but we have an electoral college and t his necessitates that we do business in a bit different way. We have two nationally recognized parties, and the difference between a New Jersey Republican and an Arkansas Republican are very clear, and the subtle differences between, say, a California Republican and a Texan Democrat also are interesting...

It's already quite ...[text shortened]... h the authoritarians/libertarians across the aisle from them. So, I respect the system as it stands.
It looks more tribal because it is, according to any sensible measure thereof. The kind of personal party identification that is commonplace in the United States simply isn't present in multi-party democracies, where the vast majority of people aren't registered members of a political party. For example, the number of political party members in the Netherlands is just over 300,000, while the electorate numbers over ten million. Your system is worse off because of it, and you will continue to fall further behind wealthy societies if the flaws in the system aren't mended.

Of course, none of this really has much to do with religion or even politics.

T

Moves
07 Oct 18
7 edits

@kazetnagorra said
So your view - from the perspective of a Christian - is that sinning isn't bad because everyone is a sinner anyway?
Yeah, it's the usual double standard invoked by Christians such as KJ.

When it comes to those he likes - no matter how despicable - such as Trump then it's:
There isn't a person alive who hasn't sinned, if sinlessness was standard we would never be able to elect anyone. You seem more than willing to condemn someone or lying, have you ever told lies?

Yet evidently it doesn't apply to those he dislikes such as the Clintons, then it's:
I was never going to vote for Hillary, mainly because I didn't trust her, I think she had done so many things wrong and gotten away with them. because I felt she was protected by those in
power...
It wouldn't be so bad, except that things that other Presidents gotten away with
and were defended for, are worse than the things Trump has said and done, in my
opinion. Take Clinton for example, he had a trail of women who accused him of
assaulting them, but he was given a pass...

Somehow the "I'm a sinner. You're a sinner. We're all sinners." bit doesn't get invoked then.

What blatant dishonesty and hypocrisy.

Also note that for many Christians it doesn't get invoked with homosexuality, capital punishment, etc. either. IIRC KJ supports capital punishment. Don't know where he stands with homosexuality.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Oct 18

@kazetnagorra said
No

Moves
07 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
No
Do you think that democratic and republican leaders are equally righteous in God’s eyes?

K

Germany

Moves
07 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
No
So what point were you attempting to get across by asserting that "everyone is a sinner"?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Oct 18

@kazetnagorra said
So what point were you attempting to get across by asserting that "everyone is a sinner"?
Everyone is a sinner. That was the point.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Oct 18

@divegeester said
Do you think that democratic and republican leaders are equally righteous in God’s eyes?
Not righteous before God, they are both completely full of sinners.

K

Germany

Moves
07 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
Everyone is a sinner. That was the point.
What was the point precisely, in connection to your support for Donald Trump as president, and Trump's dishonesty - unprecedented in the history of U.S. politics?