1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Oct '20 05:27
    @fmf said
    This is a repeat of the question I answered. I'd be interested in your response to what I posted, rather than just a repeat of the question I posted a response to. Here is the long and short of it:

As for what "lying" means, and as you know because we have discussed many times before: I believe "lying" is when someone states something they know to be untrue in order to deceive.
    It boils down to the fact that truth is only absolute when it suits you. Just another example of hypocrisy.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Oct '20 05:471 edit
    @dj2becker said
    It boils down to the fact that truth is only absolute when it suits you. Just another example of hypocrisy.
    How does your "absolute truth" ideology apply to SecondSon saying he doesn't believe what I said about myself is true... which is the instance of alleged "lying" you have inserted you and your ideology into?

Go on then, "boil down" your "absolute truth" thing to some insight you have which applies to that.

I could be lying, I could be telling the truth, SecondSon could be lying, he could be telling the truth.

What does your "absolute truth" ideology tell you about this case?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Oct '20 05:52
    @dj2becker said
    Just another example of hypocrisy.
    What hypocrisy?

I have stated that I have done a fair bit of work in the field of helping victims who are victims of domestic violence, sexual violence, and sex trafficking.

"Lying" is when someone states something they know to be untrue in order to deceive.

What does your "absolute truth" ideology tell you and me about the truth of what I stated?

What does your "absolute truth" ideology tell you and me about the truth of anything that you state?

What do you think is the relationship between your concept of "absolute truth" and me telling you something about myself?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '20 07:54
    @dj2becker said
    Tomayto tomato.
    Here’s what you should do...

- troll this forum incessantly for two years with a dummy account (oh you’ve already done that)
    - come back as your original account pretending your not the other one and immediately get caught lying about it (oh yeah you’ve already done that)
    - troll other members about dead relatives, support now banned users in their vile abusive trolling and start lots of threads about the same topic (oh yeah you’ve already done that)
    - casually and coldly dump a story about your sister getting raped by leaders in a cult you were once a member of in a flagrant effort to detract from the subsequent scrutiny of trolling a rhp member about their dead mother (oh yeah you’ve already done that)
    - bleat on for a couple of years about your own cult victimhood while avoiding the sister topic which you previously brought up yourself and also claiming that actually you weren’t psychologically damaged but inferring in threads like this that we should all feel sorry for you (oh yeah you’ve already done that)
    - get all flouncing and victimish and announce that you’re leaving the site (oh yeah you’ve already done that)
    - but then you don’t leave the site (oh yeah you’ve already done that)
    - sign up using another username and come back and troll this forum (oh yeah you’ve already done that)
    - rinse and repeat.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '20 07:56
    SecondSon (aka @josephw) might be stupid enough for fall for your stories and your gay avatar, but I’m not and no one else is either.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Oct '20 11:14
    @divegeester said
    SecondSon (aka @josephw) might be stupid enough for fall for your stories and your gay avatar, but I’m not and no one else is either.
    That is rich coming from you Sir.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Oct '20 11:161 edit
    @divegeester said
    Here’s what you should do...

- troll this forum incessantly for two years with a dummy account (oh you’ve already done that)
    - come back as your original account pretending your not the other one and immediately get caught lying about it (oh yeah you’ve already done that)
    - troll other members about dead relatives, support now banned users in their vile abusive trol ...[text shortened]... username and come back and troll this forum (oh yeah you’ve already done that)
    - rinse and repeat.
    Says the dude who refuses to answer the question about how many active accounts they are currently using on the site.

PS: Remember when you referred to yourself as FMFs lapdog? Doesn’t seem like much has changed.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Oct '20 11:34
    @dj2becker said
    It boils down to the fact that truth is only absolute when it suits you.
    I don't use the words "absolute truth", you do.

What link do you see between your concept of "absolute truth" and me telling you something about myself?
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Oct '20 11:44
    @fmf said
    I don't use the words "absolute truth", you do.

What link do you see between your concept of "absolute truth" and me telling you something about myself?
    The word lie only makes sense in a context of absolute truth. The word lie is meaningless in a context of relative truth. But I don’t expect you to get that.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Oct '20 11:53
    @dj2becker said
    The word lie only makes sense in a context of absolute truth.
    Nonsense. If I said I was a fighter pilot in the Indonesian Airforce, it would be a lie. If I say I am not one, it is true. Your meaningless "absolute truth" ideology has no bearing on it whatsoever.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Oct '20 11:58
    @dj2becker said
    The word lie is meaningless in a context of relative truth.
    The word "lie" is not meaningless. It means to state something that is not true with the intentionto deceive. If I said that I am sending this message from a building just down the road from you, with the intention to deceive you, it would be a lie. The word "lie" is not "meaningless" at all.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '20 14:46
    @dj2becker said
    That is rich coming from you Sir.
    You keep saying this “that’s a bit rich” thing as though it somehow detracts from the point I made.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '20 14:47
    @dj2becker said
    Says the dude who refuses to answer the question about how many active accounts they are currently using on the site.
    I just described your contribute to this forum perfectly.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Oct '20 01:29
    @fmf said
    Nonsense. If I said I was a fighter pilot in the Indonesian Airforce, it would be a lie. If I say I am not one, it is true. Your meaningless "absolute truth" ideology has no bearing on it whatsoever.
    It would be a lie because it is true in the absolute sense of the word that you are not.
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Oct '20 02:17
    @divegeester said
    You keep saying this “that’s a bit rich” thing as though it somehow detracts from the point I made.
    As FMF’s self pronounced lapdog (your words not mine), do you feel the need to jump to his defense at every turn or are you simply defending the integrity of the Dive lounge?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree